Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's FINAL 2012 PRE-DRAFT WR Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    you make good points...

Michael Crabtree, Donte Stallworth, Dez Bryant, Roddy White, and Demaryius Thomas -- I wouldn't take K. Wright over any of them....

but the point is Kendall Wright isn't as good a player for the future as his stats lead you to believe.

I think we both made good points, I will keep a few extra looks on Wright this season, but I still think he will have a tough sophomore slump...
    Like Nick, I don't have much concern over Wright, but you seem to have a direct dislike of him. After one season how can you say that you'd take any of those receivers over Wright? You can look at their levels of production in future years, but you cab't do that with Wright. You specifically state that you think he will have a sophomore slump, but you neglect to list any reason behind that.

Will his quarterbeack situation be any better? Probably not, but it probably won't decline. Will the health of other receivers impact his playing time? Probably not, as he established himself as a starter for the Titans. You suggest that he wouldn't have started if not for injury. That's possible, given that he went into training camp as the #3 WR, but given that he finished leading the team in receptions clearly shows that he was worthy of being on the field.

With the scheme not changing in Tennesee, I expect more of the same out of Wright, though if they start looking at him downfield, rather than use him as a short area receiver, I expect his stats to improve.

Perhaps you could explain why you feel like he will slump next year? And explain why you say that he is not "as good of a player for the future as his stats lead you to believe." I wouldn't take him above many of those players that Nick listed either, but that is because they have gone on and achieved higher ability in future years. Why is Wright destined to never be better than his rookie year? Why can't he put up a string of 1300 yard seasons? I'd say that Baylor receivers were underrated before the season, between Gordon and Wright.

I believe!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I also owe an apology to Kendall Wright (as of now). I didn't think he'd do good, and remember bashing him by saying "he doesn't really excel at anything". I did like Hilton though, and felt like he was a steal on draft day for the Colts.

This year it's a lot closer at the top! Going to be one interesting draft class.

THE DREAM TEAM

richtree is offline Registered User

Yeah, Jerome Simpson was a similar WR where he looks athletic but just not skilled enough, strong enough, or a good enough route tree to be consistent.

But everyone made valid points....I just dont' like his skill set as #2 WR -- we will see next year..

cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12