Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    [/B][/I]That is an unofficial time reported by a local (Newark) beat writer but, assuming its accurate, how do you account for his 4.67 at the Combine?

When I look at his game film, I see a 4.6 guy, not a 4.4. guy. I'd contrast that with a guy like Kendall Wright (who, by the way, improved from a 4.61 to a 4.43 at his Pro Day according to unofficial reports) who, when you look at this tapes, looks fast.
    [B]

Obviously, I disagree with your ranking.
    Or maybe the players on the field with Sanu are faster than the ones on the field with Wright, which therefore creates an illusion that Wright is faster than he actually is.

That is like looking at Laurinaitis when he was coming out and asking how do you account for his 4.82 Combine time when his Pro Day was a 4.70.

If we can't account for Sanu's Combine time, why can we do it for Wright then?

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Or maybe the players on the field with Sanu are faster than the ones on the field with Wright, which therefore creates an illusion that Wright is faster than he actually is.

That is like looking at Laurinaitis when he was coming out and asking how do you account for his 4.82 Combine time when his Pro Day was a 4.70.

I don't think anyone is accounting for Wright's time....I don't like him with or without a good combine time (not the way the scouts do)....

I had both Sanu and Hill ranked higher than Wright before the combine.....and I think Wright isn't a first round talent

How many possession receivers who can't separate do we need? We already have three (Pettis, Salas and Gibson).
    You call Sanu a possession receiver, and then rank Randle, Jeffery and Toon higher than him?

FWIW, Sanu looks much more explosive in his route running than all those three mentioned above.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Two points.

First, Wright's time went down by .18 seconds, while Sanu's went down by .26, so its a bit more to explain.

Second, and more importantly, I trust my own eyes more than reports of 40 times. As I said before, Wright plays like a 4.4 guy, Sanu plays like a 4.6 guy (and no, I don't buy that the Big East players are so fast that it would make the difference).

You call Sanu a possession receiver, and then rank Randle, Jeffery and Toon higher than him?
    Yes.

FWIW, Sanu looks much more explosive in his route running than all those three mentioned above.
    Not to me he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I don't think anyone is accounting for Wright's time....I don't like him with or without a good combine time (not the way the scouts do)....

I had both Sanu and Hill ranked higher than Wright before the combine.....and I think Wright isn't a first round talent
    I'm referring to AV's post. He's saying Wright's 40 time change is justified, but Sanu's isn't, because Wright "looks" faster on tape.

I'm not sold on Wright either.

I'm referring to AV's post. He's saying Wright's 40 time change is justified, but Sanu's isn't, because Wright "looks" faster on tape.
    I don't recall using the word "justified." What I said is that its more consistent with the way he looks on the game films.

I will caution, though, that either of the two Pro Day accounts could ultimately prove to be inaccurate. These "unofficial" times are frequently refuted by later "official" reports.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Wright was hand times in the low 4.4s by scouts at the combine and people there said that he moved his hands turning on the 'official' timer. At the combine I wish they put Wright's time up against Griffin's because in my opinion there wasn't a difference between them (and if there was it wasn't .2 seconds)

I don't know what is not to like about Wright. He's electric and he has the ability to catch in traffic and go up for the catch. Its not like he's a one trick pony.

I don't recall using the word "justified." What I said is that its more consistent with the way he looks on the game films.

I will caution, though, that either of the two Pro Day accounts could ultimately prove to be inaccurate. These "unofficial" times are frequently refuted by later "official" reports.
    Kendall Wright is also 5'10, while Sanu is 6'2. It's proven that generally smaller players "seem" faster than taller players even though they actually have the same speed.

As for the Pro Day results, we'll see when the time comes. I doubt they will change too much since Wright's 40 time speed is accountable for from his videos according to you, while I think Sanu's time is accountable for from his videos.

Kendall Wright is also 5'10, while Sanu is 6'2. It's proven that generally smaller players "seem" faster than taller players even though they actually have the same speed.
    LOL. No, that's not it. I'm not just talking straight line speed. I'm talking about "football speed" (cuts, stop and go, etc.).

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. If it makes you feel any better, I've been wrong before (not often, but once in a while ).

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    What does Randle do better than Sanu besides play in the SEC ?
    I believe he's a better athlete who displays a more favorable combination of size and speed for the NFL level. I like his big play potential in the passing game more than I like Sanu's. I think he has the potential to bring more to the table due to his ability to be a weapon across the entire field. And yes, IMO, Randle's production on a run-heavy SEC team outweighs what Sanu accomplished at Rutgers.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe he's a better athlete who displays a more favorable combination of size and speed for the NFL level. I like his big play potential in the passing game more than I like Sanu's. I think he has the potential to bring more to the table due to his ability to be a weapon across the entire field. And yes, IMO, Randle's production on a run-heavy SEC team outweighs what Sanu accomplished at Rutgers.
    Yeah... but besides all that...

LOL. No, that's not it. I'm not just talking straight line speed. I'm talking about "football speed" (cuts, stop and go, etc.).

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. If it makes you feel any better, I've been wrong before (not often, but once in a while ).

richtree is offline Registered User

Updated with 11-20..

I think Sanu is a much better athelte -- Randle has a small verticle leap for someone his size., and Sanu was once a QB that has great skills coming back to the ball.

I think Randle is a little "fiercer" but both WRs came from horrible QBs, so I am just judging what my eyes see...

I could see Randle falling past pick 45 --- No way I see Sanu going that far...

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

I would be very displeased with Sanu as the Rams' pick at #33.
    Say Stephen Hill isn't there at #33 (which he probably won't be), who would you prefer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast