Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Re: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

I hope someone can get Alshon Jeffery motivated. I watch footage of this kid and it's clear he can play but he doesn't seem to have the work ethic.
    punahou likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    How many possession receivers who can't separate do we need? We already have three (Pettis, Salas and Gibson).
    Hmm Sanu is above those guys IMO. Salas and Pettis are products of their college teams. Gibson-- I m not even sure how he came to be as he has become a stop gap filler IMO.

Sanu comes from Shianos pgm that is a reg pro offense. Sanu produced good numbers for a team that isnt throw 95% of the time based; and he comes from the same system that KBritt played for.

IMO Sanu is a lot like Anquan Boldain. I think Sanu is definately a great pick for the value he could bring. Definately better than Salas and Pettis in relation to where they were drafted last year.
    Last edited by punahou; -03-23-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    RockinRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'm referring to AV's post. He's saying Wright's 40 time change is justified, but Sanu's isn't, because Wright "looks" faster on tape.

I'm not sold on Wright either.
    It's probably because he's smaller. A 5'10 guy running a 4.4 will look quicker than a 6'2 guy running a 4.4.

Rem Jerry Rice ran a 4.6x =)

I can guarantee you that Dontari Poe didnt look like he was running that 4.8
    Last edited by punahou; -03-23-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    It's probably because he's smaller. A 5'10 guy running a 4.4 will look quicker than a 6'2 guy running a 4.4.

Rem Jerry Rice ran a 4.6x =)
    Lol, I stated that in one of my posts.

As for the Anquan Boldin comparison, I say it's warranted. They are both tough, physical receivers with good size. They can make the tough catch anywhere on the field. I would argue that Sanu is quicker than Boldin though.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    As for the Anquan Boldin comparison, I say it's warranted. They are both tough, physical receivers with good size. They can make the tough catch anywhere on the field. I would argue that Sanu is quicker than Boldin though.
    Boldin is probably best case scenario for a guy like Sanu, IMO. I'm not sure that he gets there. The YPC average really concerns me; career YPC average under eight, best average for him this year at 10.48. That's really not good and doesn't reflect a guy who is going to be making catches anywhere on the field, especially in the NFL. It certainly wasn't the system, because Britt put up vastly superior averages when he was at Rutgers.

On another note, since Rueben Randle was brought up and debated a bit in this thread, I'm curious to see some updated opinions now that he's posted a low 4.4 forty at his pro day, considering how much Sanu's pro day time was brought up on the first page.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Boldin is probably best case scenario for a guy like Sanu, IMO. I'm not sure that he gets there. The YPC average really concerns me; career YPC average under eight, best average for him this year at 10.48. That's really not good and doesn't reflect a guy who is going to be making catches anywhere on the field, especially in the NFL. It certainly wasn't the system, because Britt put up vastly superior averages when he was at Rutgers.
    Yeah, but Rutgers QB play has been awful since Teal left....people forget how bad it has been

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Yeah, but Rutgers QB play has been awful since Teal left....people forget how bad it has been
    QB play really isn't an excuse, IMO. There are plenty of receivers who are still dangerous despite poor QB play. If a guy is really a weapon at all levels of the field, you don't restrict him due to QB play.

Now Im not saying Sanu as #1 WR if we miss out on Blackmon. I feel that Sanu and X would be a terrific 1/2 punch; where X is the #1 receiver. I'd like to see a Blackmon/Sanu or a Floyd/Sanu combo.

Just a correction - Sanu's career yards-per-catch average is 10.8. The site I was pulling numbers from changed their format in previous seasons and listed rushing yards where they normally listed receiving yards, so I accidentally pulled some wrong numbers.

Having said that, I still feel that's a concerning career YPC average for a pro prospect.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    QB play really isn't an excuse, IMO. There are plenty of receivers who are still dangerous despite poor QB play. If a guy is really a weapon at all levels of the field, you don't restrict him due to QB play.
    I don't know what you are getting at...He had 7 TDs this year -- the 2 years prior he even rushed for over 300 yards each year....He had SEVEN 100 yard games....

2011 Rutgers: 241 passing yards per game; 6.60 yards per attempt

since Teal left they were 2009, 2010 under 200 yards a game passing...

He was the best QB on the team the two prior years, but was getting injured because he was running the Wildcat, thhen splitting out for WR on next play

I can safely safe that Sanu's career will 95% be much better than Kendall Wright or Rueben Randle
    Last edited by richtree; -03-23-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I don't know what you are getting at
    Well, I think I've been pretty clear about what I'm getting at - the guy has a concerningly low YPC average for someone being described as a player who can make catches all over the field.

I don't view poor QB play as an excuse because numerous other talented receivers have overcome that rather than finding themselves reduced to a short-yardage possession receiver role because of it. I understand Rutgers' QB situation was bad; that's not exclusive to Rutgers and Sanu isn't the only receiver who has been faced with that problem. It doesn't hold much water to me as a means of justifying those numbers.

You may be right that Sanu has a better pro career than Wright or Randle. Who am I to say differently? All it is is opinion. What I'm saying is that, if I'm looking for potential top receiver for my team, I would be concerned about a guy whose average production per reception was considerably lower than other collegiate receivers.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-23-2012 at 01:03 PM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I actually would like the Rams to draft Rueben Randle if they get the opportunity. He is easily the most well rounded after Blackmon and Floyd. Michael Floyd is a much closer prospect to Justin Blackmon, than I originally thought. At times, Floyd can look a little pedestrian after the catch, but because of his size, I feel his speed is deceptively quicker than it first looks.? I think their is a decent possibility that Floyd is higher up the Rams draft board than Justin Blackmon.
    As a projection to the next level, Michael Floyd looks like a very good bet in my opinion.?

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

I watch very little college ball but from what I've seen of Randle and Sanu is that they're both good receivers but Randle looks stronger and more aggressive after the catch. Almost has a "I rarely get the ball in this stupid offense so I'm going run someone over while I can" mentality.

todd1 is offline Registered User

Do we have a lot of Ram fans from New Jersey or something? This reminds me of the hype of the immortal Brian Leonard after he got picked. Nick is absolutely right, a career high YPC of 12.5 in 2009 and an absolutely pedestrian 10.5 last year? That does not scream "explosion". It screams "pettis". For comparison, pettis had a college career YPC of 12.4 and Salas' was 15.2. I wouldn't touch Sanu in the top 3 rounds with what we already have at the wr position. Heck, I don't see the point of drafting him at all. Let Salas/pettis and amendola fight for possession guy. We need guys that can stretch the field vertically, no more horizontal stretching, please.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If you feel you have a real handle on the Rams needs at WR stack the board for the Rams..... Give me your top six if available we should take.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast