Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: RichTree's Top 30 Wide Reciever Rankings Post- Combine / Pro Days

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, I think I've been pretty clear about what I'm getting at - the guy has a concerningly low YPC average for someone being described as a player who can make catches all over the field.

I don't view poor QB play as an excuse because numerous other talented receivers have overcome that rather than finding themselves reduced to a short-yardage possession receiver role because of it. I understand Rutgers' QB situation was bad; that's not exclusive to Rutgers and Sanu isn't the only receiver who has been faced with that problem. It doesn't hold much water to me as a means of justifying those numbers.

You may be right that Sanu has a better pro career than Wright or Randle. Who am I to say differently? All it is is opinion. What I'm saying is that, if I'm looking for potential top receiver for my team, I would be concerned about a guy whose average production per reception was considerably lower than other collegiate receivers.
    Nick your reading too much into the numbers...My opinion is certainly bias being a graduate Rutgers New Brunswick and i still go to many RU football games but his YPC should not be a concern the guy shows tremendous effort and he certainly is hard to bring down he has many good rushing plays out of the wildcat and something that may go unnoticed is his effort when blocking he makes some highlight reel blocks and is always looking to make that impact block that will propel his guy to the endzone.

And he holds on to the football countless times has gained the reception after beening hit hard immediately. Gary NOva our QB really never protected him with his throws. and quite often he ran slants for and fought hard to get 7-10 yards

He will be a solid #2 receiver; ruben randle is interesting and very impressive but I would go with Sanu he just outstanding effort night in and night out

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Nick your reading too much into the numbers...
    How so? Sanu caught 115 passes in 2011, and none of them went for more than 32 yards. In fact, in only four of Sanu's thirteen games this season did he have a reception of more than 20 yards. You can find similar results in his two previous years as well.

You've created a long list of positives about Sanu that really have nothing to do with my concern. The issue at hand is whether or not this is a guy who can stretch the field and be a weapon outside of just short area routes. Based on how he was used at Rutgers, my answer would be no.

Any team that drafts Sanu is going to be happy about his toughness, his physicality, and his contributions in the blocking game. But if you're a team looking for a guy who can challenge the intermediate and deep parts of the field, then I don't think Sanu is your guy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    How so? Sanu caught 115 passes in 2011, and none of them went for more than 32 yards. In fact, in only four of Sanu's thirteen games this season did he have a reception of more than 20 yards. You can find similar results in his two previous years as well.

You've created a long list of positives about Sanu that really have nothing to do with my concern. The issue at hand is whether or not this is a guy who can stretch the field and be a weapon outside of just short area routes. Based on how he was used at Rutgers, my answer would be no.

Any team that drafts Sanu is going to be happy about his toughness, his physicality, and his contributions in the blocking game. But if you're a team looking for a guy who can challenge the intermediate and deep parts of the field, then I don't think Sanu is your guy.
    oh Okay i should have read all your posts i thought you were trying downplay sanu as a prospect you got me there even with blackmon we dont have a WR that can take the top off the defense consistently; Danario Alexander can do it but just not consistent enough

richtree is online now Registered User

I have updated the full list of 30 WR's and 4 on the bubble ....

I will update one more final list the day before the NFL draft.....

I really haven't projected picks for every WR before, so I will try to get better at this as I mostly pick the Round they will be picked in...

One more update !!!!!!!!! Draft day can't come soon enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

Im really surprised Joe Adams and Jarius Wright from Arkansas arent in your top 30. I would expect both to be drafted by the 3rd or 4th round at the latest. They may not be ideal size but their production has been great. I am especially surprised about Adams due to his insane punt return ability. Teams may be turned off by his 40 time, but i guarentee you he is much faster than he showed at the combine and pro day. Look at video of his punt return against Tennesee last year. I have never seen one better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogg2834 View Post
    Im really surprised Joe Adams and Jarius Wright from Arkansas arent in your top 30. I would expect both to be drafted by the 3rd or 4th round at the latest. They may not be ideal size but their production has been great. I am especially surprised about Adams due to his insane punt return ability. Teams may be turned off by his 40 time, but i guarentee you he is much faster than he showed at the combine and pro day. Look at video of his punt return against Tennesee last year. I have never seen one better.
    I have watched Adams over and over again....Firstly, I think the "burners" (slot type guys, short and fast) are weaker in this draft after the top guys...

There is a lot more height and physical type WRs in this draft....

Everytime I watch adams I don't think he has a postion in the NFL...He can only bench 225 7 times...I do more than that right now....

I see him as a guy that walks on the field and never contributes in an actual game....he may get a 6th or 7th round flier...but I don't want him in my top 30..

Draftniksince1985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Then, thou shall count to three, no more, no less.
    Three shalt be the number thou shall count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
    Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    Five is right out.
    Once the number is three, being the third number, be reached, you stop drafting possession receivers.
    Hilarious!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, Gil Brandt was not among those who clocked Sanu with a 4.41 forty at his pro day.

Mohamed Sanu, WR, (6-1 5/8, 211) — Sanu, who caught 115 passes for 1,206 yards last season, was projected as a possible first-round pick by some but hurt his stock by running a 4.67-second 40-yard dash. At his pro day, he did everything over again, running the 40 in 4.55 and 4.54 seconds. He also had a 4.21-second short shuttle. He was worked out by one of the Saints scouts. Scouts said he had a very good workout, catching the ball well. He just doesn’t look like he gets a lot of separation when he’s going for it. He ran the first 10 yards of the 40 in 1.6 seconds.
    NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Receiver Sanu improves on combine speed at Rutgers pro day «

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Gil Brandt:

"
    After the excellent workout
    Michael Floyd
    had at Notre Dame’s pro day Tuesday, I feel he conceivably could be drafted before fellow blue-chip receiver prospect
    Justin Blackmon
    Representatives from 18 NFL teams were there, including Bears coach Lovie Smith, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, and the receivers coaches for the Ravens, Browns and Bears. Prospects ran indoors on FieldTurf.

Floyd, WR, (6-foot-3 1/8, 220 pounds) — Floyd made himself some money Tuesday. He stood on the 4.47-second 40-yard dash that he ran at the NFL Scouting Combine, but he did the short shuttle (4.5 seconds) and three-cone (7.16 seconds) at the pro day.
    Floyd is very fluid and runs good routes. He’s a big target, has excellent speed and caught the ball extremely well. He likely got a boost from having former Irish QB Jimmy Clausen throwing the ball to him, because the two are comfortable with each other.
    Floyd really moved himself up the charts Tuesday, and again, his performance should at least have people putting him side-by-side with Blackmon; as I wrote, personally, I would rank Floyd higher. Floyd is a little faster and a little taller, and he’s been pretty productive in college. I think he should be taken with the 11th or 12th pick in the draft. "

Bucky Brooks also said he thinks Floyd will be better than any WR coming out this draft. Just thought this was interesting, posting it here to see what you guys think! Frankly, I agree with them.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quoting NFL Draft Scout:

04/03/12 - When receiver Michael Floyd worked out at the Notre Dame pro day Tuesday, he opened up the conversation as to whether he or highly touted WR Justin Blackmon should be selected as the first receiver in this April’s draft. NFL.com’s Gil Brandt went on record as preferring Floyd, but other analysts disagreed. NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly would take Blackmon first, “because I think he’s smoother, I think he separates on his routes better,” he said on NFL Network’s “Path to the Draft” on Tuesday. “I think (Blackmon’s) hands are better,” Casserly continued, “though Floyd’s hands are good too. And I think his run after the catch is better there. Because he’s smoother, and that’s where I think that he has the edge there. It’s not a great edge, but I think it is an edge.” NFL Network Charles Davis agreed with Casserly, saying that Blackmon’s work ethic is significant. “In talking with people close to that program … at five o’clock, if you’re supposed to be there throwing … Justin Blackmon is ready to go at five,” Davis said. “I just like the fact that Blackmon’s been that number one receiver, with all coverages tilted to him, as Floyd has been, throughout his college career, and still puts up the big production, especially in big games,” Davis continued. - NFL.com

I think Blackmon and Floyd are both good players...no use fighting over who you would rather ....

I think if someone offers us the opportunity to trade down from 6 -- the deal will have to be very good because each day it looks like Blackmon and Floyd will be gone in the top 10

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234