throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: robertson could be had at DT...

Robertson has a massive salary, from recollection.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

As many have said here I would want to know the salaries before making some of these deals. But personnel wise if it fit well with our cap another interesting one would be the following:

How about this If the cap allowed:
    First:
    Rams #13 overall to the Jets for their #25 overall and Robertson
    Then:
    Rams #25 overall to Carolina for Jenkins.

That would give us an experienced DL of:
    Leonard Little
    Kris Jenkins
    Dewayne Robertson
    James Hall

We would then have our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks left along with anyone in the dog house Linehan would like to trade for extra draft picks or to move up in the draft.

All we would give up is our 1st. Our 1st would have cost some cap dollars any way. I dont know how that 1st cap dollars would compare to Robertsons current cap dollars. Cap aside it would look good.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I like your posts a lot sb99, but two rookie starting defensive tackles for a team that hopes to go deep into the playoffs? You must be the ultimate optimist! Mark my words my friends, if we dont get jenkins, kennedy will be a starter and call me crazy, but i think he is going to do just fine if he can stay healthy, which i acknowledge is a big if.
    And you have the gaul to call him an optimist? JK has not done anything in three years to warrant that kind of optimism.

chiguy is offline Registered User

As far as the salary cap goes ... we're not going to get a playmaking DT and get him cheap. Of course that's what we'd all like, but it just isn't going to happen. Supply and demand folks.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    And you have the gaul to call him an optimist? JK has not done anything in three years to warrant that kind of optimism.
    Wasn't "Gaul" located on the western side of what is now called (among many other names) France? Or maybe gc just has a huge "gaul" bladder? lol

WHAT SAY YE?

keith m. klink Guest

if that senario of trading down and getting robertson and then trading a #1 at the end of the round for jenkins , with both of them and their contracts to deal with , that is just seriously nut's , i'n my opinion , the rams have been trading mid-round picks , because they plan on trading down with people who will trade anyway . if CARREKER can be had at #13 , he's a ram . if there isn't a player there that can impact the defense within 5-7 games , they are trading down , and THEY WILL TARGET HARRELL , at the end of the round . he is the best all round DT in this draft . just watch and see .

keith m. klink Guest

and anyway , we were talking for ever about what would be good for jenkins , 2nd - 3rd - 4th and a player , and you want to trade down with the jet's from #13 , to #25 for an average player that has shown to be a bit of an underachiever . that is a mid- second round value you just gave the jet's for this guy . so sorry guy's , i'll take my chances with the ram's making the correct picks in the draft for the line help .

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    if that senario of trading down and getting robertson and then trading a #1 at the end of the round for jenkins , with both of them and their contracts to deal with , that is just seriously nut's , i'n my opinion.
    I said depending on their contract hits can you tell me what their contracts would cost us next year and how much our #13 pick would cost us to sign. Robertson was a high 1st round pick (4) in 2003 and Jenkins a second (44) in 2001. Each year the contracts for signing draft picks goes up and since the cap increase I am sure it is much greater now. So since you think its a crazy idea because of the contracts can you please tell me what the difference in cap money is between signing a #13 pick this year and Jenkins and Robertsons cap hit.

Because honestly I don't know the difference which is why I said it depends on the cap hit.

What I have found on salaries for 2005.
    Jenkins 2005 Salary: $2,275,000
    Robertsons 2005 Salary: $952,000
    Thats not much but I dont know what the Cap hit would be for 2007. I doub't that it would be the same cap hit in 07 but I don't know. Maybe you can provide me with that information.

if CARREKER can be had at #13 , he's a ram.
    So if it was not for the cap hit do you think we would be better off with Carriker.

Carriker who is a DE currently that would either have to move inside or replace Hall. That would also mean we are stuck with Kennedy starting again since Carriker is not a NT.

Carricker Option 1:
    DE Carriker (performance in NFL unknown)
    DT Glover
    DT Kennedy
    DE Little

Carricker Option 2:
    DE Hall
    DT Carriker (performance in NFL unknown)
    DT Kennedy
    DE Little

Jenkins and Robertson Option:
    DE Hall
    DT Jenkins Ht: 6' 4" Wt: 335 Age: 27
    DT Robertson Ht: 6' 1" Wt: 317 Age: 25 (first 4 years compares to Picketts first 4)
    DE Little

Jenkins and Robertson are not that old.

Do you think we would be better off money aside with Carriker then we would be with Jenkins and Robertson?

If I wanted to win in the near future I would have to go with the 2 guys with experience one a Pro Bowler at the NFL level. Those two would be my first choice over the rookie that may play DE or may play DT.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-26-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I said depending on their contract hits can you tell me what their contracts would cost us next year and how much our #13 pick would cost us to sign. Robertson was a high 1st round pick (4) in 2003 and Jenkins a second (44) in 2001. Each year the contracts for signing draft picks goes up and since the cap increase I am sure it is much greater now. So since you think its a crazy idea because of the contracts can you please tell me what the difference in cap money is between signing a #13 pick this year and Jenkins and Robertsons cap hit.
    Robertson and Jenkins would have a combined 2007 salary charge of over $8 million, which is pretty big. The player we draft @ 13 is not going to cost nearly as much against the cap next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12