RockinRam is offline Registered User

Rockin out to the Rockin Mock

I believe we should head into the draft as the famous Duran Duran song, "Hungry Like The Wolf."

Because we desperately need a good draft this off-season, which will bring a vital rebuilding on this team. If this team has a bad draft, next season may not turn out so good.

Round 1: Eugene Monroe [LT]
    Reason: I've finally decided that Monroe is more NFL ready than Smith, and will bring a more "immediate" impact onto our o-line. Although Smith has the more high ceiling, Monroe's ceilng is pretty high up too.

Round 2: Clint Sintim [SLB]
    Reason: I only have faith right now in Witherspoon in our current LB corps. Which means, our SLB and MLB positions should be addressed in the draft, and Sintim will provide much needed size,strength and athlectism to our corps.

Round 3: Dorrell Scott [NT]
    Reason: The 6-3, 315lb. nose tackle should boaster the interior of our d-line, helping with our run stopping, and clogging run lanes. He's a high character guy, and is a really hard worker. Ran a 4.9 at the Combine, and benched 29.

Edited: Removed Chris Baker [NT] because I forgot about his arrest and low character issues. (Thanks 39thebeast)

Round 4: Ramses Barden [WR]
    Reason: His size is just too good here. If he's available here, he may be better than all the other receivers left. Although route running is key to the WCO, size is not taught. Route running is. His height should be useful, especially in the red zone.

Round 5: Frantz Joseph [MLB]
    Reason: This guy can go as high as the fourth, and as low as the sixth. I'll play right in the middle, and grab him in the fifth. The guy has good height, (6'3) and he plays with aggresiveness, and he plays very strong too. He is also a tackling machine, and him and fellow rookie Clint Sintim should turn our linebacking corp into a dominant force to be reckoned with.

Round 6: Devin Moore [RB]
    Reason: Change of pace back for Steven Jackson. Can also return kicks and punts.

Round 7: Dallas Reynolds [C, G, T]
    Reason: Not many players to choose from now, Reynolds offers versatility by playing center, guard and tackle. His size, (6'5, 330lbs.) is also very good, and should be a capable back-up, maybe Adam Goldberg-like player for us, filling in any position needed on the line.

So,
    1: LT
    2: SLB
    3: NT
    4: WR
    5: MLB
    6: RB
    7: C/G/T

In review, my mock is evenly balanced between offense and defense, as both sides of the ball is poor. Our line is addressed, our linebacking and d-line corps are addressed, which will result in a better defense, and our offense should play better with the addition of a star tackle, receiver, rotationial running back, and a good back-up.

Comments Welcome.

~Rockin
    Last edited by RockinRam; -04-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Rockin out to the Rockin Mock

Its reallly good but...

i think you should put alternate selection by sintim and Barden cuz both are unlikely 2 fall 2 us

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Rockin out to the Rockin Mock

agree that if Sintim and Barden were to fall to us there, fantastic...

Hook Em,

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Good job. I have one problem though... Chris Baker isn't a high character guy he has been arrested before that is why he ended up at Hampton. I think we will stay away from bad charcter guys like him. A guy you can put there though is Dorrell Scott from Clemson. He is a big guy high character and a better NT

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Good job. I have one problem though... Chris Baker isn't a high character guy he has been arrested before that is why he ended up at Hampton. I think we will stay away from bad charcter guys like him. A guy you can put there though is Dorrell Scott from Clemson. He is a big guy high character and a better NT
    Glad that you pointed that out. Forgot about that. Didn't he get into a big brawl or something?

The reason why I had Baker going in the third was because this guy has great athleticsm, and some say he can challenge Brace as the second best NT in the draft.

I'll change my mock.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I like your draft.
    I feel the RB and "G" position in the 6th & 7th can wait until next year or as undrafted free agents.
    I would rather take a flyer on another NT/DT , DE or QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I like your draft.
    I feel the RB and "G" position in the 6th & 7th can wait until next year or as undrafted free agents.
    I would rather take a flyer on another NT/DT , DE or QB.

Well, we don't have another center behind Jason Brown at this point, and I like Reynolds because he should be available in the seventh, and would offer us versatility on the o-line, and I think he would offer more to the team than any other seventh round pick.

The RB position could wait, but I think Devin Moore would be used as our returner. The guy is fast, and can return pretty well.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

I'd be really happy with that draft, especially if frantz joseph is as good as everyone says he is.
    Just switch barden and scott because you have their rounds backwards.
    good mock.

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    I'd be really happy with that draft, especially if frantz joseph is as good as everyone says he is.
    Just switch barden and scott because you have their rounds backwards.
    good mock.

Thanks. The only thing is, is that if Barden was available in the third, I don't see us grabbing him there, as more receivers will probably be there, (Louis Murphy, Juaquin Iglesias, maybe Robiskie.)

As for Scott, he may actually be gone by the fourth. Quality nose tackles are hard to find, and this guy is a hard working player. There aren't too many big guys in this draft.