dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Ron Bartell and DB questions

IMO it seemed last year RB was a bright spot on the defense, but this year it seems if a ball is thrown his way its either a 1rst down (pass interference) or a touchdown,(he did have a breakup last game). Does he have an injury or something or am I just so down-troddin on this team I dont notice the good he does. Also other than Fletcher (how serious is his injury, I thought he was lookin pretty good) who do we have that can be a decent corner?
    Thanks for the info ( ahead of time)

RamsGuy Guest

Re: Ron Bartell and DB questions

There is no rush by our defensive line. He can be a stud for us if we just applied pressure.

We have Justin King, Jonathan Wade, and Bradley Fletcher that can compliment him. I'm not sure if they have long-term plans for Quincy Butler, but I think King or Fletcher would be good to compliment Bartell.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    IMO it seemed last year RB was a bright spot on the defense, but this year it seems if a ball is thrown his way its either a 1rst down (pass interference) or a touchdown,(he did have a breakup last game). Does he have an injury or something or am I just so down-troddin on this team I dont notice the good he does.
    He's been battling through a thigh injury this entire year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsGuy View Post
    There is no rush by our defensive line. He can be a stud for us if we just applied pressure.

We have Justin King, Jonathan Wade, and Bradley Fletcher that can compliment him. I'm not sure if they have long-term plans for Quincy Butler, but I think King or Fletcher would be good to compliment Bartell.

AGREED !!!!!!!

Rush + Blitz = Turnovers in Secondary & Good Defensive Play

ludairv is offline Registered User

let Oj walk ....get pick(s) for him.... upgrade the d line (with spags' expertise) assuming we dont get the number one pick.....2n pick take Eric Berry ...ultimate playmaker...and were set.... most of the dominatiin d line men in this league r from later rounds anyways... Secondary should improve drastically

molar_pistol Guest

i think the secondary is pretty set..the only way i see it changing is possibly a later round corner pick or trading down in the first to pick up berry.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

CB`s are like the QB`s of the D..if each of their lines dont win the battle in the trenches they essentially rowing up river with a toothpick.

like already said...Bartell has played every snap this year whilst impaired by an injury...personally if i was a Pro Footballer and i was carrying an injury all year..i wouldnt play all year..cause i know that you`ll never get thanked for your efforts but you will have your performances on the field torn apart for it.(not having a go at you Dave..just saying that is the nature of the beast..its happened since Pro Sports began)

Fletcher has a serious Knee injury...he has torn two muscles in his knee..both have been named on here before so check them out if you interested..cant recall them off the top of my head..but basically,he has had one operation..needs to let that heal..then have a second operation. theres a chance he may never play again..tho i dont know the odds..im thinking he will come back from it someday but may have to change position to FS..where he can avoid all that quick twisting and turning that CB`s do on almost every play.
    that wouldnt be too bad..i think he could become a good FS in time (perhaps take over from Atogwe in two or three years) he certainly has some of the tools needed for the position...and although Atogwe is a playmaker he certainly has flaws to his game in some areas.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    let Oj walk ....get pick(s) for him.... upgrade the d line (with spags' expertise) assuming we dont get the number one pick.....2n pick take Eric Berry ...ultimate playmaker...and were set.... most of the dominatiin d line men in this league r from later rounds anyways... Secondary should improve drastically
    You said most and dominating come in later rounds? Care to prove that. Most D-lineman in later rounds do not dominate and every once in awhile teams will find that RARE Diamond but that is the exception to the rule.

The team needs OJ (what will be his status next year free agent?) alot more than they need some extra later round pick next year. This team has very limited talent and can not afford to let known talent go for later round picks.

Go Rams....

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

I think OJ has some holes in his game maybe, but I hope we keep him. Hell I liked Chillar when he was here .I'd just hate to see ANOTHER ram go somewhere else and become a star AGAIN. Ofcourse Bruce would of retired a ram if it where up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    You said most and dominating come in later rounds? Care to prove that. Most D-lineman in later rounds do not dominate and every once in awhile teams will find that RARE Diamond but that is the exception to the rule.

The team needs OJ (what will be his status next year free agent?) alot more than they need some extra later round pick next year. This team has very limited talent and can not afford to let known talent go for later round picks.

Go Rams....
    lmao u obviously have no knowlegde of the depth of this draft....if the rams dont get Suh with the number 1 pick u think they will have trouble findin a jewel in the 2nd (wit an extra pick) and the third lmao most of the prospects in the 2nd have 1st round grade...this draft is deep enough ....iunno bout u but i have enough faith in spags' eye for that spot....ahha rare diamonds....lmao all the stat leaders on the Dline nowadays are later round talents...all im sayin why pick ...say Gerald Mccoy imo is a Suh consolation prize...and y not go for the NEXT BEST TALENT berry is the next best talent beside SUH read Devaneys STL rams interview he said himslef if the guy we want isnt there ...and the next person is the higher grade...(but doesnt fill a need) u gotta take him cuz talent...

shower beers is offline Registered User

How do you let OJ walk, AND get picks for him?

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    How do you let OJ walk, AND get picks for him?
    lmao dont take it literal...obviously trade him to another team since hes tagged and get whatever for him....3rd? hopefully 2nd

The Rammer Guest

Bartell was playing with a thigh injury that hurt him for pretty much the entire first half of the season, he's probably still feeling lingering effects right now.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

lmao u obviously have no knowlegde of the depth of this draft....if the rams dont get Suh with the number 1 pick u think they will have trouble findin a jewel in the 2nd (wit an extra pick) and the third lmao most of the prospects in the 2nd have 1st round grade...this draft is deep enough ....iunno bout u but i have enough faith in spags' eye for that spot....ahha rare diamonds....lmao all the stat leaders on the Dline nowadays are later round talents...all im sayin why pick ...say Gerald Mccoy imo is a Suh consolation prize...and y not go for the NEXT BEST TALENT berry is the next best talent beside SUH read Devaneys STL rams interview he said himslef if the guy we want isnt there ...and the next person is the higher grade...(but doesnt fill a need) u gotta take him cuz talent...

First of all, stop saying "lmao". There's nothing to laugh your ass off about.

Second of all, Suh is better than any other lineman in this draft. A lot better...

Do we really want to draft more middle round players who have to "develop" to eventually become starters? Or, do we get the immediate impact with Suh?

Suh is also much better than McCoy...

Players from the first round are more likely to succeed than players taken in the second or third round. It is a given. So, would we rather not get Suh, and just settle with a second tier lineman?

Plus, you stated that most defensive linemen in this league are from later rounds. Name them.

Plus, if there are so many "JEWELS" in the middle rounds, how come most teams don't just trade for 5 extra middle round picks? Why are the first round picks so coveted?

Dominating D Guest

That much depth?

It seems that they said the same thing when we drafted Kennedy, Carricker, Lewis, and so on. How did that work out for the Rams? Alot more miss in later rounds than hits. Heck the Rams have missed alot in the middle of the 1st round so when a big time prospect comes around then you do the homework and if he's the player everyone says he is you grab him.

You do make a good point of Spags eye for talent in the later rounds for Defensive Lineman. Not sure if that will factor in on this years draft we will have to wait and see.

Bye the way I am lmao that you never tried to provide evidence of your statement that dominating defensive lineman can be easily found in the later rounds. The statement is a big time strecth of the imagination and false.

Go Rams