Thread: Ronnie Brown

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Ronnie Brown

Per Rotoworld:

In an effort to accumulate draft picks, the Dolphins are reportedly open to trade talks involving almost every player on the roster.

According to a team source, "everyone is in play" as the Dolphins attempt to add more draft picks in rounds two through five. Ted Ginn and Justin Smiley are openly on the trade block, and reports have surfaced that Ronnie Brown and Tyler Thigpen are also being shopped. Considering his contract situation and Lisfranc fracture, Brown isn't likely to fetch more than a mid-to-late round pick.

What would you think of trading for Brown, and what would you be willing to give up for him (if anything)?

npow81 Guest

Re: Ronnie Brown

I like Brown, but I don't think he would be the right fit for the Rams.

However, I mentioned this last year after the Chiefs got Cassel, I think Thigpen has a great deal of potential to be a starter in this league. If for some reason we don't take Sam I think he's worth a look for a mid rounder.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If you're going to give me a young QB with at least some promise of being a starter for a id round pick, I'll jump on him. Just like I would support giving our 5th round pick to the Skins for Campbell, I'd be happy to give it for Thigpen.

But, back to the thread title. Brown has worked well in a tandem system, and he would give us a 1B back to go along with Jax. However, I feel that his asking price will be too high if his fracture is healing well, and overpriced even at a mid round pick if it's not.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -04-13-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    I believe!

thickandthin Guest

I would give up a 4th for Brown, not really anymore because we can easily get a younger back with upside in the 3rd.

molar_pistol Guest

i would consider a mid-round pick for smiley, but brown is unnecessary since he will probably take a 2nd or 3rd.

pimpdaddycooper1012 Guest

I dont think smiley is truely worth a mid-round pick....i think he's more of a 2nd or a 3rd......and the reason I say that is because he is a decent starter as a guard.......but I think we have too many needs to give up another pick for an Olineman unless he was a forsure proven guy. But as for as the thread Ronnie brown could complement S. JAX..... but i think we could save money and picks if we jus try and get a RB in the up coming draft......because it would be cheaper to sign a young running back instead of buying an already proven guy....yea he has the injury....nd he has played in an offense that has dealt with 2 backs....but why not get a fresh back out of college that we dont have to necessarily have to worry bout getting injured....

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    i would consider a mid-round pick for smiley, but brown is unnecessary since he will probably take a 2nd or 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddycooper1012 View Post
    I dont think smiley is truely worth a mid-round pick....i think he's more of a 2nd or a 3rd......and the reason I say that is because he is a decent starter as a guard.......but I think we have too many needs to give up another pick for an Olineman unless he was a forsure proven guy. But as for as the thread Ronnie brown could complement S. JAX..... but i think we could save money and picks if we jus try and get a RB in the up coming draft......because it would be cheaper to sign a young running back instead of buying an already proven guy....yea he has the injury....nd he has played in an offense that has dealt with 2 backs....but why not get a fresh back out of college that we dont have to necessarily have to worry bout getting injured....
    They are supposedly looking for a 3rd for Smiley. It might not be bad except for his injury history. The 'phins have apparently already penciled Incognito in as the starter and told Smiley not to come to OTAs. Smiley is reasonable this year at around $2M, but he's in the $4-5M range for 2011-12.

I actually like Ronnie Brown, but I agree that he's not a very good fit for the Rams. Better to take a shot on a younger guy, especially considering his durability issues. It's not one guy that will put you over the hump, you need to put players together for the future and this is a deep draft.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sakl18 View Post
    According to a team source, "everyone is in play" as the Dolphins attempt to add more draft picks in rounds two through five.
    I would give them a second round pick for Henne

msha is offline Registered User

ted ginn they just got marshall he could be had cheaply if he doesnt work out then it doesnt matter, we have enough other receivers, why not gie him a chance

Ted "I got no hands" Ginn? No thanks. Now, Henne on the other hand, I'll give him our 3rd and call it a day. That's close to a 2nd.
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Ted "I got no hands" Ginn? No thanks. Now, Henne on the other hand, I'll give him our 3rd and call it a day. That's close to a 2nd.
    Henne is their starter, they wont give him up that cheaply. Especially after getting him a decent weapon in Marshall

Ginn on the other hand i would look at if he were a free agent, but i wouldnt give anything up for him. I read that last year his yards after catch average was 1.3. Considering he is meant to be a shifty guy, thats pretty poor. Its even poorer when you consider 1.3 yards is only 3.9 feet, and Ginn is 5'11. If he were to catch the ball and fall forward instantly, he would get more YAC then he averaged last year.

That is pretty piss poor given that he's supposed to be a shifty guy as opposed to a possession receiver. Maybe we should send him an email suggesting that he'll get better stats, and maybe keep his job, by just falling down after the catch! Nice calculation Tomahawk.
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    That is pretty piss poor given that he's supposed to be a shifty guy as opposed to a possession receiver. Maybe we should send him an email suggesting that he'll get better stats, and maybe keep his job, by just falling down after the catch! Nice calculation Tomahawk.
    id love to take credit for it but i read it on Shutdown Corner on Yahoo! still, thought it was worth mentioning!