Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roscoe Parrish

we are is offline Registered User

Re: Roscoe Parrish

If you only want a punt returner, yes. He is worth a 4th. The guy is electric and has had the best avg in punt returns the last two years.

However, if you want ANYTHING from him as a WR, then no. Some homer Bills fans will tell you that the coaching staff just doesn't use him right and he should be used more like Welker. With screens and getting him the ball in space. But no, the guy just can't get open. He is simply too small, doesn't run routes all that well, and obviously gives nothing in the run game.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    There are plenty of receivers who were solid in returning the ball in college sir. Only a select few such as Dante Hall in his prime or Primtime or Devin Hester are special.

At least it's a better upgrade then putting in Dane Looker eh?

peramoure is offline Registered User

thought I'd revive this thread because I'm still a Parrish fan.

King this morning:

8. I think I'm all for maximizing my draft booty, but I think the Bills are going too far in trying to deal Roscoe Parrish. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the game, and I'd rather have four or five Parrish touches per game -- and the threat that each carries with it. Parrish is worth far more than the fourth- or fifth-round pick he'd bring back to Buffalo.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Most Bills fans only expect to get a 6th round pick max out of him and their front office has no interest in keeping him. He is a proven returner and can instantly give us a chance in field position battles. He is also another body to win a spot at camp and he is not an expensive player. I would give up a 6th or 7th to get him easily, and would have to think longer if it were a 5th.

we are is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    thought I'd revive this thread because I'm still a Parrish fan.

King this morning:

8. I think I'm all for maximizing my draft booty, but I think the Bills are going too far in trying to deal Roscoe Parrish. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the game, and I'd rather have four or five Parrish touches per game -- and the threat that each carries with it. Parrish is worth far more than the fourth- or fifth-round pick he'd bring back to Buffalo.
    The problem is we have Leodis McKelvin who led the league in KR avg, and he was a tremendous PR in college. So we dont really have a need for Parrish considering he can only play ST. Plus, Fred Jackson has some some great potential at PR as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12