throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Round 2, Who do you Like?

With all the needs on this team and after all the money we paid jackson last year, how could anyone suggesting taking a running back in round 2? With all due respect, the brian leonard pick was enough of a debacle.

Could we use a better backup? Sure. Do we need a fullback? Yes indeed. Should be using a day one pick on a guy who at best can be a backup at this point? Not a chance in the world.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini Guest

I like Heyward-Bey. We need another WR due to Holt's release.

We could use another WR on this team, and I think Heyward-Bey fits in fine. I don't think I'm spelling that right. haha

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramdan View Post
    So our second round pick should be:

William Beaty OT Connecticut
    I still have a hard time seeing Beatty available to us with our second round pick. Even if he makes it out of the first round, Detroit could come back at the top of round two and take him. I fear that if we wait for a second round OT, we're going to have to settle for a guy who might not have LT potential at the next level. This is one of the reasons I would lean towards taking an OT in round one, assuming the grades between Smith/Monroe and Curry are close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    Nick

I can't answer for BarronWade , but this is my thinking Move Adam Carriker back to DE and let Hood play inside.
    Well for one, I disagree completely with moving Carriker to 4-3 DE. But that's another debate.

The statement in question was Hood as a nose tackle. I have no problem with him at defensive tackle (ie. three-technique under-tackle), but nose tackle I'd like to here the specific justification for.

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle View Post
    Take the BPA...

SS-William Moore, DT-Ron Brace, WR-Brian Robiskie

One of them will do!
    I don't see Robiskie as being the BPA when we pick in round two, though I do hope we have at least one capable WR available there (Nicks, Britt). Strong safety is certainly an option if we don't sign Butler, but ultimately I think that deal gets done. I'm intrigued by Brace in the second to help our defensive line. I wouldn't rule out a LB either, if someone like MLB Laurinaitis or SLB Sintim slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I like Heyward-Bey. We need another WR due to Holt's release.

We could use another WR on this team, and I think Heyward-Bey fits in fine. I don't think I'm spelling that right. haha
    I'd be shocked if DHB is available in the second round. I see him going in the top 20 right now.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I like Robiskie. I think he is going to be a very good WR in the league. I would have no qualms if the Rams took him in Round 2

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I like Robiskie. I think he is going to be a very good WR in the league. I would have no qualms if the Rams took him in Round 2
    I think he's a solid receiver as well, seems very well rounded and polished in his game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a higher rated guy like Nicks or Britt were available as well. Plus when you start considering other positions, I just have a hard time seeing Robiskie as one of the BPA in that spot. But his stock is kind of like Avery's from last year, in that he's rising into the second round and has even gotten some late first round buzz. It would just depend on how the board looked.

#39 Fan Guest

There are several solid options that will be on the board when the Rams pick in round 2, depending on what we do between now and then, and Round 1.

But...

McCoy in the second, with the current state of our WR corps?

No.
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -03-05-2009 at 06:07 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

I said it months ago. Kenny Britt is the best reciever in this draft.

2 names for you Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. Crabtree is similar to these to players in so many ways. Heavy pass system guys that didn't get hit much and caught alot of easy balls, and easy TDs.

With Avery and Burton being burners on our team we should stay away from Bey because we need some size.

Bey and Britt are the 2 best recievers in this draft and if Britt is there in the 2nd Round we take him 100%.

Curry fills a need and is big time player so crabtree is not a smart pick.

tonyray05 Guest

Britt or Robskie works for me, They both fit in what the Rams are trying to accomphlish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12