Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 3 WRs

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Round 3 WRs

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think so but what do I know? If I truly knew about football personnel, I wouldn't be an accountant in Texas.

I'll put it this way, as I don't understand the Clan very often in this forum. The whole year the Clan complained that it was the health of the O line that made the Rams 3-13. Ok, this offseason gives the O line a chance to heal. Romburg, Stetterstom (sp), Incognito, Barron and Pace will all be healthy starting the year. We will lose Bruce and what on Earth has Staley actually done to consider even being a 3rd WR in the rotation? So we go in with Bennett who has to be the most overpriced FA signing since Jamie Duncan, and Holt. That's it. That's all the talent. And, knowing how the Rams are soooooooo successful at drafting skill positions in the later rounds, there is no way possible this front office with ziggy at the helm lands a Colston.
    The fact of the matter is, Bennett was brought in to play one or two years as the slot/redzone guy and then take over for Bruce, or possibly overtake Bruce this year and let Bruce rest a bit more. Bennett's always been successful when working in isolation on the outside. He's not meant for the slot, in my opinion. If we stop trying to make him take short dump off stuff over the middle, I believe you'll see that he can be worth the money.

Now, this draft, if the team goes for a WR, which I, too, believe we should needs to look at them as a replacement for Holt/immediate slot and up the middle seam help. They do not need to have immediate starting ability, but needs to have quick legs and good upside. We have three guys ahead of this rookie to be, and as you truly build a team inside out, there's no need to go after a WR before round 3. If there's a good safety at round 3, then we need to grab them above a WR too, as this is a weak safety class, unless we find one in FA. All this leads to a middle round WR that could be a role player for three years and then look to start. Very much like Kevin Curtis.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well ok.....most of you seem to believe in Bennett....I don't. So, on to the next topic.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, Bruce is finally cut and honestly I don't think he's coming back. You won't be able to convince me that Bennett is the answer. He never has been in his NFL career so why should he start now? I honestly think that if the Rams wait till Round 3 to snag a WR, this offense goes no where next season.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing, at least it gets Linehan out of STL.

Mooselini Guest

Man. I think a trade with Dallas might be a good idea actually...especially since Bruce was cut.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Dexter Jackson (unofficial 4.27) ran a 4.37 out of Appalachain State and was on cover of SI after they beat Michigan. This guy is a legitamate deep threat-he can turn a slant into a 70 yard gain with his ridiculous wheels. He may also be available as late as the 5th round because he played in an FCS school.

I also like Andre Caldwell, Donnie Avery and Harry Douglas from Louisville. There are all spped threats and were serious contributors in college.

Jerome Simpson from Coastal Carolina was very impressive at the combine, as well. He posted an 11'4" broad jump, 4.47, and a 37.5" vert at 6'1" 199 lbs. He can be a steal in a later round because of his school, too. If my source is right, he also has 11 inch hands!

Arman Shields is a very agile reciever and another possibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12