RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Rumor: Carolina maybe interested in trading Kris Jenkins to Washington?

By Skin Patrol
    Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 12:53:36 PM EDT

Hat Tip: Extreme Skins
    Remember the source, so take this however you want. But the Great Blue North Draft Report has this to say:
    There are also some rumblings that Washington might be willing to deal the 6th pick overall to Carolina in exchange for the 14th selection and DT Kris Jenkins...
    Treating this as truth, which I recognize could very well be a waste of time, I'm not against this deal. Kris Jenkins was a Pro Bowler last year and, despite some injuries in 2004-2005, has been productive throughout his career. He's just 27 so it isn't like we're going after an old veteran to replace old veterans. My two immediate hangups are that I don't know how much he's going to cost and I doubt we can trade down from the #14 spot to pick up additional picks.
    I need to put some additional thought in this so, in the meantime (and presuming it develops from rumor to something more -- if it doesn't who cares?): Reader(s), would you take Kris Jenkins and the #14th for the #6 pick?
    Redskins Sight not very reliable but interesting.</I>

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor: Carolina maybe interested in trading Kris Jenkins to Washington?

It sounds nuts, but at this point, the Redskins may as well give away everything they have and try to get veterans out of it...Who knows with Snyder, but I don't see it happening...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Country is offline Registered User

I could see the Redskins making this move for sure it is good value for them and gives them a run stuffer.

Snyder fears nothing when it comes to trading.

If this happens the Rams will have to move aggressivly to get a DT like Okoye.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The net value of the trade is a high 2nd rounder for Jenkins......pretty much what the Panthers have said they would take. It sounds like something Snyder would do, and IF the Panthers have somebody targeted that high (Landry for certain, maybe Willis) in the draft, it would be a good deal for them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

if this happens then hopefully it leads to one of the two DTs falling to us

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

From Rotoworld;

The Broncos are expected to offer one of their two third-round picks to Carolina in exchange for DT Kris Jenkins.

The Rams have appeared to be in the lead to acquire Jenkins' services to this point. The Broncos have almost just as great a need on the interior.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

thoey is offline Registered User

The only benefit to the Skins in doing this is that they can save money by not sending ANYONE to the first day of the draft. I believe they only have 1 pick in the first three rounds? I think not.
    This space for rent...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we can do better then one third round pick for Jenkins, and it seems as though the Broncos are keen on surrendering picks to move up in the draft, which means they will have less options when it comes to trading for Jenkins

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    The only benefit to the Skins in doing this is that they can save money by not sending ANYONE to the first day of the draft. I believe they only have 1 pick in the first three rounds? I think not.
    They're not giving up the draft, only swapping spots. The skins would still have a first round pick, just not the 6th. However, if it's a UT they're looking for, they can just draft Okoye. Therefore, the real question becomes....do the skins want Okoye or Jenkins+pick #14?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod