throwback week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FolsomFan is offline Registered User

Re: RUMOR: Lito Sheppard to the Rams?

I really hope it is fake ... that would kill me.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

it is fake, however Lito Sheppard has been the target of trade attempts from other teams according to rotoworld

eauclare Guest

It never made sense from the Eagles standpoint. They could stay at #19 in the draft and still have the opportunity to get a burner like Deshean Jackson from Cal, plus still keep Lito. Why get a 31 yr old Holt with a knee issue?

jkramsfan Guest

doesn'tmake much sense bringing in Saunders and getting rid of all the firepower on offense,but then again it is the Rams FO and if we have learned anything, its you never know with them.

IzzyHigh1212 Guest

Or maybe Holt's pissed off at how we handled the Ike situation..again. We know he doesn't like Linehan, and on the NFL Network awhile back--he hinted at the possibility of not coming back to St. Louis once his contract is up. Maybe he requested to be traded, cut, or whatever.

Honestly, putting my heart aside in this one..I can't see how this would be all that bad of a move. Holt's also getting up there in age, his knee will never be the same, and has a few more good years in him. Good enough to get us another first rounder and a top cornerback. How could you not like this. That's if the rumor is true.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Potential torry holt deal? UNCONFIRMED

Following up on an email from another source, i spoke with my friend in philly this afternoon to tell me that philly radio is reporting a potential trade between the rams and the eagles with the rams sending holt to the eagles for lito shepard and a number one pick.

While i view this as completely unconfirmed and potentially philly sports talk radio related, i wonder what everyone thinks of that type of deal.

Personally, i think holt is well past his prime and a pure possession receiver at this point. I think his acceleration is virtually none. He has a big life ahead of him after football and who knows how much longer he will play. I think his knee issues are really bad and not improving. I dont see how at his age his knees are going to suddenly get better or what would prevent him from continuing to slow down speed wise every year. I think holt is still an excellent player, but sometimes its better to get value a year too soon than a year too late, in the context of what everyone keeps reminding me post-ike is a non emotional business environment.

Put another way, is torry holt twice as good as isaac bruce right now? In my view no. Holt is younger, but physically, he may be in worse shape than bruce and he costs a lot more money.

I dont know if lito is the right guy, but if you ask me whether i would trade holt in the right deal, the answer is you bet i would.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: Potential torry holt deal? UNCONFIRMED

Lito Shepard & a #1, I would do it in a heartbeat.

moloch41 Guest

Unfortunately, that would force us to take a receiver with the #1 pick since we have no one else on the roster- especially after losing Issac Bruce. I found this on Philly.com- it mentions other deals for receivers, but nothing concerning the Rams...

Still no top wide receiver among new Eagles | Philadelphia Daily News | 03/03/2008

Rambos is offline Registered User

Put another way, is torry holt twice as good as isaac bruce right now?
    Yes, no question.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, it wouldn't necessarily force the Rams to ONLY take a WR. We would still retain our #2 pick PLus get the Eagles pick. It's a very talented and deep WR draft this year. If anytime we would give up Holt, it would be now.

jkramsfan Guest

if this turns out to be true, what is Marc Bulger thinking right now, I sign a big contract and you take away my two future HOF receivers,what have I done to myself ?
    about the potental deal,I would feel better about it if we still had Ike,but looking down the road I think it makes sense.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I posted this earlier today, go into the draft&fa section. We've talked alot about it

How many more years does Holt really have? Not too many. His knees are giving him problems and Philly is desperate for a WR to give McNabb one more shot.

Curtis/Holt combo would be a good quick fix for Philly and the Rams could get a top notch WR to rebuild.

Hey, if we can let Bruce walk....don't think we couldn't let go of an aging Holt.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not buying it.

However, IF it WERE to go down, it'd be a good deal assuming LS signs long-term. Again, take the names out. We trade away a 32-year-old WR with bum knees, who has voiced a desire to retire early. In return, we get a 27-year-old CB, and a 22/23-year-old receiver. It may sting today, but could heal nicely tomorrow.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Heck, I'd take a Sheppard/Brown secondary with a top notch rookie WR thrown in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast