Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    itsguud is offline Registered User

Rumour: Pats want our pick

From Rotoworld

Report: Pats might trade up for LSU's Dorsey
    Citing sources close to the team and the player, Yahoo Sports reports the Patriots are considering trading up in the draft for Glenn Dorsey.
    The Patriots are not in the least known for trading up in drafts, and would potentially have to get to the second spot to land LSU's defensive tackle. At 6'2/299, Dorsey also has an uncertain position in a 3-4 defense emphasizing size like New England's. A Patriots move up seems pretty unlikely. Apr. 16 - 12:02 am et
    Source: Yahoo Sports
    This would be an alright move for us to bump back 7 and get a conditional 1st rounder for next year?!

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Rumour: Pats want our pick

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    From Rotoworld

This would be an alright move for us to bump back 7 and get a conditional 1st rounder for next year?!
    Are you kidding? So what you're saying is go ahead and swap out getting one of our main needs this year (C. Long, J. Long, Gholston, Dorsey GONE by number 7) to pick up what would most likely be a 20th or later pick for next year. I have much more faith in our front office than to make a mistake like that.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

To: New England Patriots Front Office
    Re: Trade of second pick
    Date: April 16, 2008

To answer your question... yes, we would consider trading the second pick. In exchange, we would ask for your first round pick, your second round pick, and the tapes!

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Rumour: Pats want our pick

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    To: New England Patriots Front Office
    Re: Trade of second pick
    Date: April 16, 2008

To answer your question... yes, we would consider trading the second pick. In exchange, we would ask for your first round pick, your second round pick, and the tapes!
    Since you want to get creative, forget about the tapes. They can just hand over that #7 pick and Ty Warren, then we might actually be on to something.....

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Hmmm. I wouldnt want do do this. The Pats don't deserve it. We don't need it.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Screw that. i want a Long in this years draft and dont want to screw ourselves while helping the cheatriots.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never do a deal with the enemie. the whole NFL should be against the brats. i still think it's bull how they went to the SUPERBOWL last year and will come out with a top ten pick this year.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This rumor just doesn't compute. Why would the Pats trade away a ton of picks to get Dorsey? And why would the Rams take themselves out of contention for any of the Big 4?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is online now Registered User

First off, I'm most likely against this trade. I'm also fairly sure that this is completely bunk. However, if it's true, I'm sure there's ways we could make it work. Av has a good start, the tapes. However, I'd rather just ask for our rings.

To start off on a realistic trade, our #2 pick is worth 2600 points. Their #7 is worth 1500. Next year's first is regarded as a 2nd this year, and since we can assume they'll make the playoffs as they're playing a JV schedule, we'll make it worth 300 for simplicity. This year's second is worth 284.

At this point we're at our #2 for their 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st at a total of 2600 vs 2084. The difference is a high 2nd round pick. Who on their roster's a high second caliber player? How about Merriweather? He can play safety and cover receivers. Perfect replacement for Chavous. Otherwise, I'd just take next year's 2nd and this year's 3rd and be done with it.

So, our #2 for their #7, 2nd round, 3rd round and next years 1st and 2nd for pure picks, or #7, 2nd and next year's 1st along with Brandon Merriweather.

keith m. klink Guest

RUMORS BLOW , AND ARE A WASTE OF TIME . THERE , i just wasted 37 seconds of your life for this RUMOR.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

The Patriots know how to draft. They make good choices in each round, so i doubt they would want to give up so much to move up to our spot. We are fine were we are.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It really doesn't make sense why they would go for Glenn Dorsey. The Patriots linebackers are ancient, three of their top four cornerbacks left for other teams, their defensive line is not only young (the starters are 26,27,and 28) but probably the team's greatest strength next to Tom Brady, and Dorsey is a less than ideal fit for the 3-4. Sorry, not buying it.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    I believe the Patriots want to move up near the Top - 100%, I believe it.

I think they are seeing their guy isn't going to make it to 7.

I'm not sure their target is Dorsey. And they may want to
    enter discussions on that front (which may never end in an
    agreed trade).
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -04-16-2008 at 11:43 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The only trades we should consider are with the Falcons or Raiders. That way we could be sure of getting one of the big four, plus and extra pick or two.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    First off, I'm most likely against this trade. I'm also fairly sure that this is completely bunk. However, if it's true, I'm sure there's ways we could make it work. Av has a good start, the tapes. However, I'd rather just ask for our rings.

To start off on a realistic trade, our #2 pick is worth 2600 points. Their #7 is worth 1500. Next year's first is regarded as a 2nd this year, and since we can assume they'll make the playoffs as they're playing a JV schedule, we'll make it worth 300 for simplicity. This year's second is worth 284.

At this point we're at our #2 for their 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st at a total of 2600 vs 2084. The difference is a high 2nd round pick. Who on their roster's a high second caliber player? How about Merriweather? He can play safety and cover receivers. Perfect replacement for Chavous. Otherwise, I'd just take next year's 2nd and this year's 3rd and be done with it.

So, our #2 for their #7, 2nd round, 3rd round and next years 1st and 2nd for pure picks, or #7, 2nd and next year's 1st along with Brandon Merriweather.
    There is no way the Pats would allow us to bump their heads like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast