Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumours

itsguud is offline Registered User

Rumours

Here, I am just going to place rumours as I hear of them from other boards friedns. take from them what you will.

Yesterday I heard the 9ers are on top of a short list of destinations where Briggs may be going. This would be a huge problem for our team and especially our week OL.

More to come...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Here, I am just going to place rumours as I hear of them from other boards friedns. take from them what you will.

Yesterday I heard the 9ers are on top of a short list of destinations where Briggs may be going. This would be a huge problem for our team and especially our week OL.

More to come...
    I've read about this rumor actually. Our weak O-line??? You mean beat up don't you?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

nope weak, i think our O-line is over-rated

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I wouldn't even say over-rated. I think we have a pathetic O-Line. It's great until we get knocked around a bit and start getting injured. Our backup squad can't protect anything, which hurts Bulger and Jackson at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I wouldn't even say over-rated. I think we have a pathetic O-Line. It's great until we get knocked around a bit and start getting injured. Our backup squad can't protect anything, which hurts Bulger and Jackson at times.
    over-rated by some here. Thats why im in the Jake Long camp, though it's a lonely camp

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

How could you even make that decision??? Our starting o-line didn't even play together last season.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    How could you even make that decision??? Our starting o-line didn't even play together last season.
    Agreed. While I think the Rams need a guard and center, I'm not sure Jake Long replacing Orlando Pace fixes anything or improves anything very much.

I may be wrong but I don't think there is a center on the roster at this point because Romberg is a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Agreed. While I think the Rams need a guard and center, I'm not sure Jake Long replacing Orlando Pace fixes anything or improves anything very much.

I may be wrong but I don't think there is a center on the roster at this point because Romberg is a FA.
    not replace pace yet, but Barron has done nothing but jump offsides, and pace can't play forever

39thebeast is offline Registered User

why would a 3-4 team take a 3-4 WLB i've heard these rumors, but it just doesn't make sense to me. They let a guy go in Julian Peterson who is probably one of the best pass rushing LB's in the league, but they go after WLB who is better suited for 4-3 doesn't make sense to me. What would make sense to me is Terrelle Suggs, but he is likely getting franchised so phew

Mooselini is offline Registered User

not replace pace yet, but Barron has done nothing but jump offsides, and pace can't play forever
    If we some how miraculously land Jake Long, then he would replace Barron....but then again, if Barron stays healthy, he may play better than Jake Long.

No matter what, we need a new OL.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    why would a 3-4 team take a 3-4 WLB i've heard these rumors, but it just doesn't make sense to me. They let a guy go in Julian Peterson who is probably one of the best pass rushing LB's in the league, but they go after WLB who is better suited for 4-3 doesn't make sense to me. What would make sense to me is Terrelle Suggs, but he is likely getting franchised so phew
    Just because he currently plays in the 4-3 doesn't mean that's all he could play or is suited to play. I'm pretty sure Briggs is listed as the exact same size as current ***** ILB Patrick Willis, for what it's worth. He's a very athletic player who can cover a lot of ground but also can take on and shed a block if he has to. An interior pairing of Briggs and Willis would be one heck of a combination, IMO.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Exactly. While I have some concerns about our OL, there is no way to tell just how good or bad they really are, no way. I am encouraged by the fact that when there was stability at the end of 2006, there was also solid, productive performances. Hopefully we can reach that point again and be ready for whatever the whiners defense or any other opponent has to throw at us.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Just because he currently plays in the 4-3 doesn't mean that's all he could play or is suited to play. I'm pretty sure Briggs is listed as the exact same size as current ***** ILB Patrick Willis, for what it's worth. He's a very athletic player who can cover a lot of ground but also can take on and shed a block if he has to. An interior pairing of Briggs and Willis would be one heck of a combination, IMO.

Point well made: However, with all of the money Mr. Briggs will be demanding I just can't see the ***** paying him to play ILB. Seems to me to be a waste of capital. And since he has never played OLB in a 3-4 (at least at the pro level) no one really knows if he would be an effective blitzer or pass rusher. So UPON FURTHER REVIEW this is a rumor that doesn't add up.

WHAT SAY YE?

itsguud is offline Registered User

Excellent points about Willis and Briggs being a good tandeum, however don't forget the amazing thresome it would build in Briggs, Willis and lawson, who was on fire befiore his injury this season... scary looking combo.

Newest rumour I have heard is, Martz is trying to bring in Williams from Det. This is another scary prospect... I can't believe how many rumours I can find that have some validity to them about the 9ers. Thats what i like to see a team that knows how to be proactive in FA.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Roy Williams would be tough to take away from the lions, especially when the ***** don't really have that much to offer them in return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast