throwback week

Jukebox Guest

Saints fan working on a mock

I come here in peace, mainly to discuss a dilema im having putting together a mock draft. I have Eugene Monroe going #1 to the lions and im torn between two players for your #2 pick.

The first is Andre Smith. I personally think the guy has bust written all over him. However, I think he will be the consensus #2 OT when draft time rolls around. I hear that Spags wants to build a power running game which would lead me to believe he could be the pick here. Not to mention you guys have a history of striking gold with an OT in a rebuilding year (Pace).

The second player I could see going here is Brian Orakpo. I'm sure you all saw what your new coach did with his d-line over in NY. The man understands that pressuring the QB is vital to team success. That being said, does he pair him with fellow 1st rounders Long and Carriker?

I could've just gotten sloppy and threw a name down, but I really want to put the effort into this. What's your take? Orakpo or Smith?

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Saints fan working on a mock

Right now, deciding between those 2, I would go with Smith. However, I think Orakpo is going to just fly up draft boards after the combine because I think he will have probably the best combine of all time, because the guy is a freak!

keith m. klink Guest

Wasn't V. Gholston a freak and a combine god !

Mooselini Guest

To be safe, I'd say Andre Smith.

Good luck on your mock.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

If we miss out on Eugene Monroe which I doubt, I'm not in love with the OT class behind him unless Jason Smith really shows something. I could see the Rams going Curry or possibly BPA which would be Crabtree.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

The Rams have so many needs they should and probably will try to trade down. But its hard to do and when putting together a mock you don't normally count on it. If we stay at #2 its a tough choice there are starting to be a lot of people saying Crabtree. I think WR falls behind many other things we need to fix first. Such as MLB, NT, OT, C, CB, FB, and SS. IMO you can often pick up a good WR in free agency they switch teams more often then good OT's or MLB's. I would like to see us draft an OT in the third round and fill other needs in rounds 1 & 2. If we stay put I could see us taking Raji in Round 1 and Mack or Unger round 2. If this was the case then we would need to find our MLB via free agency. You could not count on a fourth round or later pick to come in and start right away.

iStillBelieve Guest

in the mock draft database on walter football it shows the top 5 of around 100 mock drafts and in only one of them orakpo goes second to the rams (i would put the link but that is not allowed)