• 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Saints LB Scott Shanle has talked to & could visit the Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Saints LB Scott Shanle has talked to & could visit the Rams

Saints free agent LB Scott Shanle has talked to the St. Louis Rams
    Danny Cox
    New Orleans Saints Examiner
    July 26, 2011

NFL free agents are currently allowed to talk to other teams, but they aren't officially allowed to sign with them until the afternoon of Friday, July 29, 2011. Word out of the New Orleans Saints camp is that one of their free agents may be in talks with another team and it is linebacker Scott Shanle who has spoken with the St. Louis Rams.

Shanle said he has spoken by phone with the Rams' general manager and linebackers coach. He is working on setting up a visit with the team.

The Saints linebacker said that the Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions have also shown interest in him, but he does intend to speak with New Orleans about remaining with the team. On Tuesday, when Saints facility doors were re-opened to players, Shanle spoke with linebackers coach Joe Vitt.

Shanle says he would like to stay in black and gold, and that he believes the team is interested in having him back.

"But it's a matter of how much they want you back," Shanle said, mentioning former Saints linebacker Scott Fujita as an example.

Fujita left after the 2009 season for the Cleveland Browns even though the Saints had intentions on re-signing him. Shanle likes that the Rams are up and coming and he thinks it'd be an interesting turn to go back to the team he began his NFL career with.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Saints LB Scott Shanle has talked to & could visit the Rams

Whilst Shanle would be an upgrade over nearly every OLB the Rams have I'm hoping for either James Anderson, Rocky McIntosh or Thomas Davis.

richtree is offline Registered User

Rams made a big splash yesterday but since have been inactive and kind of quiet...hopefully that means they are going for 1 or 2 more quality pick ups...

Olb, guard, rb, and maybe a wr.......

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A few tweets that me and Scott Shanle shared:

@scottshanle Scott how do you feel about going back to where your career started?

@STLRAMSTILLIDIE really liked st. louis and the fans. Still working through this free agency process. If rams will have me I would love it!

@scottshanle thats awesome..just so you know us Rams fans would love to have you here as well! COME BACK WHERE YOU BELONG SCOTT!!

@reggie_bush @scottshanle Both have strong chances of landing in the LOU...and trust us fans, we wouldn't mind one bit!! LETS GOO RAMSS!!

He retweeted both of those last two tweets. You can tell he is extremely excited and would love to come here.

@scottshanle Scott one question last year Roman Harper was running for a TD against the Rams and Bradford chased him down did u guys bug him

@STLRAMSTILLIDIE ....u have no idea. He made it worse by grabbing his hamstring like that was the reason why! Lol

Its nice to see somebody actually answer you on twitter. But he does seem very interested and as soon as the Saints fans seen him re-tweeting me they all got defensive!
    ZiaRam likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    @scottshanle Scott one question last year Roman Harper was running for a TD against the Rams and Bradford chased him down did u guys bug him

@STLRAMSTILLIDIE ....u have no idea. He made it worse by grabbing his hamstring like that was the reason why! Lol
    LOL Now thats funny! He might not be the long term answer at OLB, but he could get the job done short-term on the cheap and allow us to spend money filling other holes. I'd be OK with this signing.