RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?
    Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800

According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

Trade our #11 and J. Butler or T. Fisher for there #2?

RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

Do you really think they'd want to trade down that far? If I were in their position I'd be looking to stay in the top 5 or so and still nab a guy like Mario or Hawk. More than likely they'll be trying to trade to a team that was already planning to take a QB but wants to get ahead of the Titans to ensure they get their top choice. If they rate one of our corners highly, I'd be willing to consider the trade. I'd expect a Saints/Jets trade or even a Saints/Raiders or Saints/Bills (if they part with Losman) trade to be more likely.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Trade our #11 and J. Butler or T. Fisher for there #2?
    And then run like heck, because the police will be after us to make an arrerst for robbery.

No way is Butler or Fisher enough incentive for the Saints to trade down nine spots at the top of the first round.

The second overall pick carries a value of 2600 on the chart. Our first round pick carries a value of 1250. The difference between the two picks is GREATER than the value of our pick by itself. That difference isn't made up by Butler or Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Do you really think they'd want to trade down that far? If I were in their position I'd be looking to stay in the top 5 or so and still nab a guy like Mario or Hawk.
    Agreed completely. They'll trade down, but not far enough to miss out on Super Mario or Hawk.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Besides....the Rams won't want the price tag that a number 2 will demand. I'm confident the Rams will either stay where they are, or trade down slightly in exchange for additional picks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

how many CBs do we have left?

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

it wouldnt be smart to trade Butler and Fisher and our # 11 because if we trade Butler and Fisher.....the only CBs we have left are Brown and Bartell. Groce, Johnson, and Fair are Free agents. But it would be great to have Mario on the opposite side of Little

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

It makes sense that the Saints, who need so much help, are shopping that #2 pick.

I guarantee that multiple teams have already probed what they are asking, but the asking price may make it cost-prohibitive.

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

only way i could see the rams trading for that pick is by trading curtis to someone higher than the seahawks 1st round pick and trading both our 1st round picks and our 1st and or 2nd round pick next year!(big gamble but might pay off if we got to go deep into the playoffs this year!) with the addition of super mario or hawk!

not sure i or for that matter the powers that be with the rams would take on such a bold move instead of playing safe and getting someone like VD or huff this year keeping curtis and next years picks but methinks that would be what it would take!

my money is on a trade of picks within the top 5,between whoever wants their "franchise" QB most!