Sakl18's Final Mock Draft
I thought the day before the draft would be a good time for my final mock draft, so here goes.
1.01 - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2.01 - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
- 6'5", 236 lbs
- Tremendous accuracy and decision making with an above average arm.
- The franchise QB the Rams have been looking for.
3.01 - Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida State
- 6'5", 261 lbs
- 4.73 40, 20 bench reps
- Great hands and rarely drops a ball.
- Creates matchup nightmares - linebackers are too slow and corners too small.
- Finds the holes in a defense and has good YAC.
- A great blocker who loves to get his nose dirty.
4.01 - Traded to the New York Giants for DE Osi Umenyiora
- 6'1", 240 lbs
- 4.53 40, 24 bench reps
- A solid tackler with sideline to sideline range.
- Great in coverage and pursuit
- Very dedicated - spends plenty of time in the weight room.
- Very smart - rarely caught out of position.
- Tremendous athlete - 2nd fastest 40 time for a linebacker along with a 40" vertical.
Austen Lane, DE, Murray State
- If the Giants are not willing to trade Umenyiora, or if the asking price is too high, then the Rams select:
5.01 - Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois
- 6'6", 274 lbs
- 4.83 40, 20 bench reps
- A great pass rusher with high upside.
- Is very intelligent and has good intangibles.
- Is faster than his 40 time shows and has a quick burst and closing step.
- Would start as part of the DE rotation, may earn starting spot by the end of the season.
5.04 - Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
- 5'9", 210 lbs
- 4.37 40, 19 bench reps
- An extremely fast runner and is very elusive - can make defenders miss.
- A powerful runner who has the strength to move the pile.
- Very tough - played through a heel injury that would have sidelined most runners.
- A good blocker who is willing to do the dirty work.
- A true homerun threat on every play.
- Has a great work ethic and is loved by coaches; will do whatever is asked of him.
6.01 - Alex Daniels, DE, Cincinnati
- 6'2", 215 lbs
- 4.54 40, 21 bench reps
- Is great in pass coverage and can cover from sideline to sideline.
- Has prototypical size and strength for a safety.
- Has elite intelligence both on and off the field - was a Rhodes scholar.
- Was a 1st or 2nd round prospect before forgoing his senior season to be a Rhodes scholar.
7.01 - Stevenson Sylvester, OLB, Utah
- 6'2", 265 lbs
- 4.55 40, 31 bench reps
- A situational pass rusher who had 8.5 sacks as a senior.
7.19 - John Conner, FB, Kentucky
- 6'2" 232 lbs
- 4.63 40, 23 bench reps
- Was very productive in college and would provide depth and could contribute on special teams.
7.47 - Ben Burney, CB, Colorado
- 5'11", 241 lbs
- 4.72 40, 24 bench reps
- A tremendous lead blocker and adequate receiving back with good hands.
- Will allow Karney to be rested and replace him if injured.
Let me know what you think - all feedback is appreciated :D
- 5'11", 202 lbs
- 4.38 40, 16 bench reps
- A tremendous pro day boosted him into draft consideration.
- To add to his 4.38 40, he also had a 39" vertical.
- Has a great blend of size and speed.
- Has great character - very optimistic and will do whatever it takes to succeed.
Re: Sakl18's Final Mock Draft
pretty good job..only major fault i can find is no O-lineman...whilst i think our O-line has more talent than its generally given credit for..we do lack a true RT...would love to have Kyle Calloway in the 4th or 5th round range. i know we got Smith and Barron..but Smith is our franchise LT and Barron would have probably been gone by now if there was a new CBA in place.
apart from that tho..a pretty nice job.