sakl18 is offline Registered User

Sakl18's Mock Draft

Here is my Rams mock draft as of 08/02
    • 1.01 - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Enough said.
    • 2.01 - Jahvid Best, RB, California - An explosive runner who would be the perfect complement for SJax, keeping him healthy and extending his career by several seasons. Also brings a much needed home run threat to the offense.
    • 3.01 - Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan - A developmental QB with a good arm and great mobility. Has tremendus potential and will take the helm of the offense in 2 or 3 years.
    • 4.01 - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale - A monster of a tackle with surprising agility. Has the ability to start immediately at right tackle and be a dominant force on the right end for years to come.
    • 5.01 - Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami - Converted basketball player with great height and agility. Has the potential to be the next Antonio Gates.
    • 5.24 - Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida State - An athletic freak with a great work ethic and tremendous upside. Could possibly gain the starting role opposite David Vobora.
    • 6.01 - Devin Ross CB, Arizona - Has a surprising amount of potential for a late round pick. Will provide much needed depth at CB.
    • 7.01 - O'Brien Schoefield, DE, Wisconsin - A great pass rusher who was a projected 2nd or 3rd round prospect who tore his ACL at a Senior Bowl practice. He may have to be placed on IR for his first year, but he has the potential to be a dominant edge rusher.
    • 7.19 - Guard depth.

Let me know what you think, and don't hold back on any criticism.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sakl18's Mock Draft

I like this mock a lot. Only concern would be Jahvid Best. I feel like a WR here would be more beneficial, but if Best is the BPA here, then by all means we take him.

Ideally we would be able to get Weatherspoon in the second, but there's a 95% chance that he'll be gone. If he is there, then I would grab him and use our second fifth round on Joique Bell, a RB from Wayne State.

Rambunctious is online now Registered User

I love that three out of your first four picks are on offense. We have to help that side of the ball big time.

I don't mind Best if the bosses think he can be a play maker. We need some play makers.

I also like taking chances on O'Brien Schoefield if he falls that far. Even if he doesn't play it would be like getting an extra 1st day pick next year.

I doubt Graham will be available that far down after the combine but we will have to wait and see.

All and all if draft day went this way I would not be unhappy.

Just out of curiosity who do you have as our starting qb next year?

Our QB would be either Bulger or a free agent aquisition who would be a stop-gap and would help LeFevour develop.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I like your mock. If Benn, Gresham, or Thomas are on the board I would consider them before Best. Receiving threats are more important than backup rb in that position.

shower beers is offline Registered User

At first I wasn't going to agree with Best as our second pick, but in reality we need playmakers any way we can get them, and I'm sure we'd find a way to get him the ball in our offense. I like the pick if he's there.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I love it !

I wanted DE Austen Lane in 4th. Until I heard he stunk it up at Senior Bowl all week.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sakl18 View Post
    Here is my Rams mock draft as of 08/02
    • 1.01 - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Enough said.
    • 2.01 - Jahvid Best, RB, California - An explosive runner who would be the perfect complement for SJax, keeping him healthy and extending his career by several seasons. Also brings a much needed home run threat to the offense.
    • 3.01 - Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan - A developmental QB with a good arm and great mobility. Has tremendus potential and will take the helm of the offense in 2 or 3 years.
    • 4.01 - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale - A monster of a tackle with surprising agility. Has the ability to start immediately at right tackle and be a dominant force on the right end for years to come.
    • 5.01 - Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami - Converted basketball player with great height and agility. Has the potential to be the next Antonio Gates.
    • 5.24 - Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida State - An athletic freak with a great work ethic and tremendous upside. Could possibly gain the starting role opposite David Vobora.
    • 6.01 - Devin Ross CB, Arizona - Has a surprising amount of potential for a late round pick. Will provide much needed depth at CB.
    • 7.01 - O'Brien Schoefield, DE, Wisconsin - A great pass rusher who was a projected 2nd or 3rd round prospect who tore his ACL at a Senior Bowl practice. He may have to be placed on IR for his first year, but he has the potential to be a dominant edge rusher.
    • 7.19 - Guard depth.
    Let me know what you think, and don't hold back on any criticism.
    HEY Sakl18's

You have one of the best mock drafts out of most threads! After reading so many draft reports , mocks & threads from so many sights.

I think QB Dan LeFevour could be had in the 4th unless he is one of the top QB's at Combine.

Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale will be gone by the 4th round. Switch spots with QB LeFevour.

I also like QB's Jarrett Brown , Sean Canfield , Zac Robinson & Rusty Smith as a later round prospect.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    HEY Sakl18's

You have one of the best mock drafts out of most threads! After reading so many draft reports , mocks & threads from so many sights.

I think QB Dan LeFevour could be had in the 4th unless he is one of the top QB's at Combine.

Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale will be gone by the 4th round. Switch spots with QB LeFevour.

I also like QB's Jarrett Brown , Sean Canfield , Zac Robinson & Rusty Smith as a later round prospect.

Id say that after his Senior Bowl performance there is no way that LeFevour lasts until the fourth. He might even struggle to be there in the third if he has a good combin and pro day showing