Thread: the salery cap

keith m. klink Guest

the salery cap

hey guy's, i was hitting a draft site, and i don't remember which one. but it gave a rundown of the teams and this years salery cap. it had the rams at about 10.5 million, but on another rams forum, ( which i think is mostly young teens . FUTBALLS FUTURE. COM) these guy's are telling me , 20mil. , 22mil , 30mil, and just under 33mil. does anybody really know what the crap is going on. i hate rumer crap, and alot of these guy's do fairytail mocks , and wishing on a star stuff. i like reality , true facts and figures. thats why i'm asking you guy's. i haven't seen anything on this site yet that is not a good true or close to it FACT. so thanks and if you find a site let me know. i tried all kinds of searches but got nowhere, and i don't remember the site i was on when i saw the cap space . thanks ! p.s. JACK YOUNGBLOOD is the best de, in the world. my momma say its so. ha-ha-ha-ha

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: the salery cap

As for as I know we have about $30 million of space,that's before we probably sign Bulger to a long-term contract,hopefully add a few good FA aquisitions, and sign our draft players..:l

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

one of the teams with the most space in the league.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

keith m. klink Guest

thanks nick, san fran, and arizona could cause some trouble for us with the cash they have, this is going to be very interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    thanks nick, san fran, and arizona could cause some trouble for us with the cash they have, this is going to be very interesting .
    I would be surprised if San Francisco didn't make a strong push for either Nate Clements or Asante Samuel, given their cap room and needs in the secondary.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Nearly all teams(at least to my knowledge) have considerable space under the cap. With the rapid increase of cap money evrery year it is becoming less and less important every year.

Country is offline Registered User

The number is decieving because Bulger needs a new deal next year and then Jackson the year after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    The number is decieving because Bulger needs a new deal next year and then Jackson the year after that.
    True, though if Bulger gets a new deal, that'll likely mean a decrease in his 2007 salary, which is $3.95 million. If he reduces that to the vet minimum in a back-loaded deal, you can take the difference off the books for our '07 cap as well.

keith m. klink Guest

i think i remember reading on a site that linehan wants bulger in a new contract as soon as possible , not waiting till the end to give someone else time to wisper in his ear. i think a 5 year 30mil. deal with a 4mil. bonus would get it done right, everyone is happy. it showed this year , with a new system that things can be good in marks world. i think with some defense help and the special teams tweeking, 8-8 could very well be 11-5.

i think a 5 year 30mil. deal with a 4mil. bonus would get it done right, everyone is happy.
    I disagree; that's a pretty poor deal for a top NFC quarterback based on recent signings. Drew Brees signed a deal last spring that averaged $10 million a year with a $10 million signing bonnus. The year before that, Matt Hasselbeck signed a deal that averaged around $8 million a year with a $16 million signing bonus. I would be very surprised if the Rams resigned Bulger to a deal that averages $6 million a year with only a $4 million signing bonus.

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I disagree; that's a pretty poor deal for a top NFC quarterback based on recent signings. Drew Brees signed a deal last spring that averaged $10 million a year with a $10 million signing bonnus. The year before that, Matt Hasselbeck signed a deal that averaged around $8 million a year with a $16 million signing bonus. I would be very surprised if the Rams resigned Bulger to a deal that averages $6 million a year with only a $4 million signing bonus.
    The deal will look like 7 years 17m SB and 52m

keith m. klink Guest

sorry, i was thinking that around 7mil. a year would be decent money, i know mark is worth more but will the team give that to him.brady , manning, bring their teams to the playoffs every year pretty much. i don't see the rams breaking the bank on mark, even though he is very good and most underrated. i know that linehan wants a new deal in place by the draft, and has expressed that to the ram's . so if it's up to him. mark has his new contract.

i don't see the rams breaking the bank on mark, even though he is very good and most underrated.
    They don't need to break the bank. But they need to give him fair market value according to what other top NFC quarterbacks are getting if they expect to keep him in St. Louis.