Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sam Bradford

Spirited debate is good, but let's try to keep things civil.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Maybe its that you don't have a clue what you're even talking about nor any insight to what Shurmur's offensive scheme is. Nor do know the talent level of our current crop of receivers. How about you give Gibson some credit. Came in midseason and was an impact player against arguably the best team in the NFC at the time in the Saints. Seeing as just about every Ram's player went down last year Im not ready to credit Robinson as fragile just yet.

Give guys a year in a system and with the team before throwing out judgements. After this year if Robinson goes down, Shurmur hands the ball off to Jackson every second play, and there is no marked improvement ill let you go to town with your negativity like im sure youll probably do regardless...
    1. Robinson has yet to play a full 16 game season in the NFL. The last two seasons he has lost significant time to injury. At this juncture, Robinson's fragility must be an issue.

2. Our performance against the Saints was more a function of the Saints realizing they could beat us with their C game, which they subsequently did. I'm not that impressed by passable performance against a team whose pregame objective was "to not party too much." Gibson is a possibly servicable short range guy, but not a true #1 wideout. Probably not a #2 either.

3. The offensive play calling didn't exactly change once the injury attrition kicked. We were doing the same variations on a theme (Jackson SMASH!/3 yard slants FTL) in Week 1 that we did in Week 17.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford is fragile...and our line still sucks. Put one and one together and you have an injured first round pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Sam Bradford is fragile...and our line still sucks. Put one and one together and you have an injured first round pick.
    As much as I wish you were wrong about Bradford being fragile, that is the one main negative impression I too have about this rookie. I really don't know of course, and only time will tell; but it's a hunch I have as well. Not to mention the Rams OL and its questionable protection, as you said.

The Rams will consider ALL aspects and make sure they're making the right pick -- whether for or against this QB.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    As much as I wish you were wrong about Bradford being fragile, that is the one main negative impression I too have about this rookie. I really don't know of course, and only time will tell; but it's a hunch I have as well. Not to mention the Rams OL and its questionable protection, as you said.

The Rams will consider ALL aspects and make sure they're making the right pick -- whether for or against this QB.
    Agreed. But when Bradford got hit, he was out! Can't live with that. Our QB's are pretty much rag dolls behind our choppy line.

I think this team needs to get some things figured out before we have a QB who gets hurt every time he is hit. haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

OUSooners81 is offline Registered User

I think if we get Bradford this draft and a OL the next then we will have a QB with a year in the NFL and a new OL.

Quote Originally Posted by OUSooners81 View Post
    I think if we get Bradford this draft and a OL the next then we will have a dead QB with a year's worth of PTSD and a new OL.
    Fixed your post.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    The questions are:

- Can he take a hit (because, if he plays for the Rams, he will...often)?
    - Can he remain healthy?
    - Can he handle A LOT of pressure (he had great protection in college)?

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, given the questions about ALL of the QBs in this draft, I think it is definately "reaching" to take any of them as #1 in the draft.

If we take Bradford, there's a very good chance he won't be able to make an impact for us for another year or so (if at all). He won't get much help from our receiving corp or our OL or TEs. I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think so. I'd rather take Suh, and a QB at 33. Gve me an instant impact player with the #1 pick, not just another project.
    So you want to take the BUCS route until Chucky got fired?

Nice band-aid but what if the Rams want to build a future dynasty like the Pats, Cowboys, Steelers did?

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Maybe its that you don't have a clue what you're even talking about nor any insight to what Shurmur's offensive scheme is. Nor do know the talent level of our current crop of receivers. How about you give Gibson some credit. Came in midseason and was an impact player against arguably the best team in the NFC at the time in the Saints. Seeing as just about every Ram's player went down last year Im not ready to credit Robinson as fragile just yet.

Give guys a year in a system and with the team before throwing out judgements. After this year if Robinson goes down, Shurmur hands the ball off to Jackson every second play, and there is no marked improvement ill let you go to town with your negativity like im sure youll probably do regardless...
    So very true. I've been saying the same thing but most of the fans expect instant gradification. They lack the vision that it took some time for TO, Austin Miles, Marshall, and many more to develop into dominating Wide Recievers.

Go Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    So you want to take the BUCS route until Chucky got fired?

Nice band-aid but what if the Rams want to build a future dynasty like the Pats, Cowboys, Steelers did?
    They should wait on the quarterback until they assemble the rest of the roster like those teams did?

Did anyone watch that great video.

Did anyone watch that great video.
    Doesn't this site ban links?

Thats not the fact. Bradford did great. Mike Mayock gave him an A on his pro day. that is very good for not throwing since the Texas game.

Thats not the fact. Bradford did great. Mike Mayock gave him an A on his pro day. that is very good for not throwing since the Texas game.
    No no...I'm pretty sure the site bans links.

As for looking good in the Pro Day....duh. They are designed to make the player look good. It's like the military publicly demonstrating a new weapon system by having it mow down a bunch of slow drones flying in a straight line or blowing up stationary, defenseless targets. They do a poor job of reflecting reality.

He went 62-63 and the one incomplete was a drpoed pass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast