Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bradford

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by OUSooners81 View Post
    He went 62-63 and the one incomplete was a drpoed pass.
    As for looking good in the Pro Day....duh. They are designed to make the player look good. It's like the military publicly demonstrating a new weapon system by having it mow down a bunch of slow drones flying in a straight line or blowing up stationary, defenseless targets. They do a poor job of reflecting reality.

OUSooners81 is offline Registered User

Give the guy a little credit.

Quote Originally Posted by OUSooners81 View Post
    Give the guy a little credit.
    I give him credit for not sucking. Beyond that, nobody's Pro Day is going to impress me.

Alright then.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I give him credit for not sucking. Beyond that, nobody's Pro Day is going to impress me.
    Then you would have been very disappointed with Peyton Mannings Pro Day.

Regardless of the script he still had to perform under pressure and he did.

Go Rams

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    The questions are:

- Can he take a hit (because, if he plays for the Rams, he will...often)?
    - Can he remain healthy?
    - Can he handle A LOT of pressure (he had great protection in college)?

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, given the questions about ALL of the QBs in this draft, I think it is definately "reaching" to take any of them as #1 in the draft.

If we take Bradford, there's a very good chance he won't be able to make an impact for us for another year or so (if at all). He won't get much help from our receiving corp or our OL or TEs. I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think so. I'd rather take Suh, and a QB at 33. Gve me an instant impact player with the #1 pick, not just another project.
    All I have to say is that people were saying practically the same thing about Matt Ryan

Yeah. And he is good

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Nobody can deny Bradford's talent. I think the main issue of the pro day was to determine the health of his AC joint. By all accounts, and esteemed surgeon Dr. James Andrews agrees, his shoulder is completely healed.

Shoulder separations are not uncommon.. Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers off the top of my head, have all had shoulder separations. It appears they have all healed and gone on to have fruitful NFL careers.

Do you guys really want to be the team that passes on the next great QB? Can our collective self-esteem (already at an all-time low) as Rams fans handle this? We could have had Matt Ryan. Mark Sanchez.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QB position IS the most important position in the game of football. They receive 99% of the snaps on offence and this fact is reflected in their wages, endorsements. They are leaders on the field and in the locker room.

I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to pass on this special talent.

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Nobody can deny Bradford's talent. I think the main issue of the pro day was to determine the health of his AC joint. By all accounts, and esteemed surgeon Dr. James Andrews agrees, his shoulder is completely healed.

Shoulder separations are not uncommon.. Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers off the top of my head, have all had shoulder separations. It appears they have all healed and gone on to have fruitful NFL careers.

Do you guys really want to be the team that passes on the next great QB? Can our collective self-esteem (already at an all-time low) as Rams fans handle this? We could have had Matt Ryan. Mark Sanchez.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QB position IS the most important position in the game of football. They receive 99% of the snaps on offence and this fact is reflected in their wages, endorsements. They are leaders on the field and in the locker room.

I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to pass on this special talent.
    i agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post

Setting aside the fact that I don't think he is, I'd rather that than being the team that ruined the next great QB forever. We're not in a position to take a first round QB and be successful.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Setting aside the fact that I don't think he is, I'd rather that than being the team that ruined the next great QB forever. We're not in a position to take a first round QB and be successful.
    How many years are we away from that? next year? or maybe 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    How many years are we away from that? next year? or maybe 5 years?
    With a good draft this year and a competent (ie, good young UFAs, not "Hello Kitty" bandaids over foot long gashes like Robbins and Feeley) free agency period next offseason, next year.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Peoria i honestly think there isn't a guy in the world that could come out and convince you that he's a franchise quarterback barring walking up the field with the ball in his hands and smacking down linebackers. But you entitled to your opinion all the same.

As far as the "we're not in position" idea. Not a good argument at all imo. Its debatable whether our line is competent or not because quite frankly we don't know who will improve, what another year as a cohesive unit will do for us, and what additions to be made and that have already been made to this line will produce for us. I for one am horrified of the idea of passing on a piece of gold because i'm missing a few silver pieces. But you don't think Bradford is gold. I do. Not because every GM and scout who studies Qbs for a a living have, but because I see everything I want in a QB, in Bradford.

And lets stop with "We've been passing on franchise qb" mess already. We were in no position to take either because we had even more holes then than we do now. In 2008 Long was widely considered to be our pick and it was considered the best pick for us. I don't regret it at all. Last year the Jets at five reached for Sanchez. I like Sanchez but im also glad we didn't pick him. We needed a tackle in the worst way. We're in better position to take a QB this year, especially when he's a Sam Bradford.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

So when Aikman and P. Manning were selected by their teams were they in the right position?

This team has an improving O-Line, a great RB, developing Wide Outs. So when will the time be right? I say the time is right now. Let him do what Eli did and learn the game and speed for half the season and then if he's ready let him go.

Go Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    So when Aikman and P. Manning were selected by their teams were they in the right position?

This team has an improving O-Line, a great RB, developing Wide Outs. So when will the time be right? I say the time is right now. Let him do what Eli did and learn the game and speed for half the season and then if he's ready let him go.

Go Rams
    That is unacceptable for his contract. Bradford stands to make $30 million more than Manning did in his rookie deal. For that kind of money, he must play from Week 1.

(Also, did Dallas and Indy suffer 4 QB injuries in the season prior to drafting Aikman and Manning? Improving line my *****.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast