BM_Face is offline Registered User

Santana Moss an UFA March 4

From NFL.com

Santana Moss' contract with the Washington Redskins voided Friday, and the wide receiver is set to become an unrestricted free agent March 4, according to The Washington Post on Friday.

Moss and the Redskins have been preparing for this moment, and the 10-year veteran told The Post in December that he would like to return to Washington after leading the team in receiving for six straight seasons.

The newspaper reports that Moss is seeking a two- or three-year deal in the realm of $5 million per season.

The team renegotiated Moss' contract in 2009. The new deal earned Moss a $6.2 million-plus signing bonus and a base salary of $968,500 this season, according to The Post. The renegotiated deal stipulated that the remainder of Moss' contract would void after this season.

Moss, 32, led the Redskins in receiving this season with 93 receptions for 1,115 yards and six touchdowns in 16 starts.

Moss made the Pro Bowl following his 2005 campaign -- his first with the Redskins -- after catching 84 passes for 1,483 yards and nine touchdowns.

He was originally drafted by the New York Jets in the first round of 2001 NFL Draft.
    I imagine we will take a look at him. I would not hate it if we signed him to a two year deal.

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Santana Moss an UFA March 4

I guess? I dunno, $5 million per seems a bit expensive for a guy like Moss, but I think we have to begin considering the possibility that better options might not make it to free agency.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: Santana Moss an UFA March 4

We have too many small recievers, we need a big guy