Thread: Santonio Holmes

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Santonio Holmes

With the Jets Franchising David Harris and Vincent Jackson also being franchised this guy will be the top WR on the Market. I put him ahead of Sidney Rice because he possibly the most clutch reciever in the league and he has had more good seasons than Rice who only had 1 good year. Receiver's usually struggle when moving to a new system Holmes didn't. He is playmaker great speed and a better version of Brandon Lloyd a guy McDaniels made a star. The problem is he is not a 4 pillar guy and anymore trouble could be a lofty suspension.

Would you take the Risk?

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Santonio Holmes

No. One more off the field problem and he is suspended for the whole year. Plus he is a great role player but really is not an amazing WR. I feel like we have enough role players as far as WR and would rather see someone else signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    No. One more off the field problem and he is suspended for the whole year. Plus he is a great role player but really is not an amazing WR. I feel like we have enough role players as far as WR and would rather see someone else signed.
    I can understand the suspension argument, but role player no way no how. He has never had less than 800 yards and if he wasn't suspended it would have been his 2nd year in a ow getting 1,000 yards as a number 1 receiver. He is playmaker makes catches in big situations just look at his superbowl or any of the Jets comeback victories this year. Holmes was usualy found making a big play. You have to gameplan for him no doubt he is a number 1 receiver.

He is a number 1 WR the same way Desean Jackson is in my eyes. He is very fast and uses that to his advantage, but I would rather have a guy who can out muscle and jump defenders for balls as well as go deep on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    He is a number 1 WR the same way Desean Jackson is in my eyes. He is very fast and uses that to his advantage, but I would rather have a guy who can out muscle and jump defenders for balls as well as go deep on them.
    Who says Holmes can't outmuscle defenders

Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace the 2 best WRs in the superbowl have similar skill sets

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Who says Holmes can't outmuscle defenders
    Have you ever seen him do it? I haven't. I'm not saying he isn't a good WR, because he is, but he isn't what I would want for the team, especially after throwing his OC under the bus after the Pittsburgh game. And yes he and Mike Wallace do have similar skill sets, and I remember two separate instances in the SB alone where Mike Wallace couldn't win a jump ball over a defender.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

No thanks. I think I will take my chances with Julio Jones. Holmes certainly cannot out muscle a defender. I do not like the guy at all.

richtree is offline Registered User

Let's get Holmes and draft J.Jones. LOL. Holmes is a legit WR starter and runs some of the best routes in the whole league. His ability to come out of the break and back to the ball is one of the best in the league.

He sat out some games this year and will have a great year. He would be a top 5 WR, but will always be a legit starter for the next 3 years on any team.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

i like what richtree says .. draft j.jones and get another recevier... we need speed on our team.. Avery has it .. but he's not durable !