Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Say goodbye to Alshon Jeffery

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Say goodbye to Alshon Jeffery

" WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty#NFLDraft "

- Joe Everett

Well isn't that just embarrasing. I could see him slip a big way now. Perhaps round 3?

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Say goodbye to Alshon Jeffery

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    " WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty#NFLDraft "

- Joe Everett

Well isn't that just embarrasing. I could see him slip a big way now. Perhaps round 3?
    WTH... it isnt like College Football ended 2 years ago.... How do these people put on that much weight in so few months? That's absurd.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Watching today's draft report....the guy wasn't even in the top 5. This is sad.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

We'll see how he manages at the official combine. I still think he has a higher potential ceiling than Blackmon but I'm still sold we should take Blackmon whether it's #2, 4 or 6. I like Jeffery too because of his deceptive speed (Brandon Lloyd-like), and if he can utilize that talent to get separation let alone his size to make catches on traffic, he'll be a force to reckon with.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    We'll see how he manages at the official combine. I still think he has a higher potential ceiling than Blackmon but I'm still sold we should take Blackmon whether it's #2, 4 or 6. I like Jeffery too because of his deceptive speed (Brandon Lloyd-like), and if he can utilize that talent to get separation let alone his size to make catches on traffic, he'll be a force to reckon with.
    I dont think he'll be getting much seperation from NFL CB's, so like you said he better be a monster when it comes to making catches in traffic. I wouldn't even bother with him at this point.

And thats the most embarrassing part. He had said "He lost weight to get down to 249" so what was he before? 260?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I dont think he'll be getting much seperation from NFL CB's
    ...or the dinner table.
    Nick, Fat Pang, Bald_81 and 6 others like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Andre Smith: WR Edition.

And I was so in favor of him too... well, here's to hoping that he is one of those 3rd round gems and no one else in the NFC West takes him!
    I believe!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

That is just terrible this kid must not care about his future in the NFl that much.He apparently had weight problems coming into this last season at school but i thought was just a 1 season fluke.But getting rdy to come to the NFL draft and combine he still comes in overweight and out of shape??Now i question how stupid he really is and def doesnt look like he has the desire to play in the NFL if at bare minimum he cant keep his body in shape.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

If Jeffery put on muscle instead of fat the kid would be Calvin Johnson 2.0 Iv'e always been questioning his physical attributes. He never seemed to really have any muscle to him. Sad too, If he lifted some wieghts instead of cheesburgers he could of gone #2 overall.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Usually when guys put on weight after the college season before draft / combine it is usually because of 2 reasons....

#1 They have small injuries that they are resting and not working out

#2 They party too much(alcohol and bad food)

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Usually when guys put on weight after the college season before draft / combine it is usually because of 2 reasons....

#1 They have small injuries that they are resting and not working out

#2 They party too much(alcohol and bad food)
    I'm goin'with #2 at this point....This guy is a slug; let's hope the Whiners take him.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

NFL Draft 2012: Alshon Jeffery Rumors Proved False, Reportedly in Good Shape

By Matt Miller
    (Featured Columnist) on February 13, 2012

1,681 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
    Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
    The months leading up to the NFL draft are known to those in the scouting industry as key moments for misinformation. No player is seeing his draft stock attacked more frequently than South Carolina wide receiver Alshon Jeffery. But why?
    Every year it happens where the media and those in it seem to find a player to knock down. It may be in the interest of reads, or attention, or just pounding the table to assert their opinion—and there's nothing wrong with that. But the Alshon Jeffery rumors are getting out of hand.
    Monday afternoon a rumor was posted on Twitter from @RookieDraft saying,
    Joe Everett @RookieDraft
    WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty #NFLDraft

13 Feb 12

If true, the rumor would do untold damage to Jeffery's stock. But something didn't match up. Our good friend @RosterWatch had just posted last week an update from Jeffery's own trainer who was working out with him in Tampa at the Athlete's Compound. Tampa, not Indianapolis.
    As King Kaufman will tell you, sources matter. Especially in the rumor business. Having a source and trusting that source are two different, but very important things. In this case, the source clearly had misinformation and/or an agenda. A quick email from Bleacher Report Associate Editor Michael Schottey, with yours truly copied in, uncovered the truth regarding Jeffery's current location and workout status.
    Michael Schottey @Schottey
    Confirmed...Alshon Jeffery has been in Tampa since January 8th. IF he ran a 4.88 in Indianapolis, it was over a month ago.

13 Feb 12

Since Jeffery hasn't been in Indianapolis since at least Jan. 8, the nature of the first rumor is moot.
    No one has taken more heat on Twitter or even on Bleacher Report for liking Jeffery as a prospect, and I stand by the fact that Jeffery is the best wide receiver prospect in this class. Untruthful rumors aside, he's the most dynamic wide receiver in the class and is nearly uncoverable at 6'4" and 235 lbs.
    This isn't an article to expose Joe from Rookie Watch. He does a good job, but a rumor like this takes on a life of its own and has to be thoroughly vetted. Already other news sites are posting links to the tweet as proof. That's disinformation, and as such has no place in the news cycle.
    Does Jeffery's 40-yard dash time matter? Not to this scout. The 40 has become an overinflated measuring stick. It should be looked at, but what matters most is field speed. How well does a player separate on the field, not on a track without pads on. How well does the player accelerate away from defenders? That's where Jeffery shows his worth.
    The good news is that on Feb. 22 Bleacher Report's draft team will be in Indianapolis to cover the NFL Scouting Combine. An update, not a rumor, will be forthcoming.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, that makes my mancrush come back! Guess we'll just have to see how he does in the real event in Indy. I'd be fine if we could be sure about being able to take him at 2.1, though!
    I believe!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

You mean something was published on the internet that wasn't true!?!?!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You mean something was published on the internet that wasn't true!?!?!!
    I'm a little saddened to hear that he may not be as fat as rumored. There were so many jokes:

Alshon Jeffrey, from wide receiver to wider receiver.

He would have more receptions, but pizza grease is so hard to get off the hands.

And then of course there's all the "yo' mama's so fat" jokes, replaced by Jeffrey:
    ---Alshon's so fat, he broke his leg and gravy poured out.
    ---Alshon's so fat, he fell off a chair and the Earth moved.
    ---Alshon's so fat, he weighed in at "to be continued".
    ---Alshon's so fat, he walked by my TV and I missed an entire movie.
    ---Alshon's so fat, he stops at a KFC and the stock price jumps.
    ---Alshon's so fat, the only thing stopping him from going to the gym is the door.
    ---Alshon's so fat, he got in the water at a Hawaiian beach, and the other islands flooded.
    ---Alshon's so fat, his roster photo will be taken by satellite.
    ---Alshon's so fat, his belly button echos.
    ---Alshon's so fat, his cereal bowl comes with a lifeguard.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast