16 53.33%
  • Calvin Pryor, Louisville

14 46.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Scenario: Pryor or Clinton-Dix at #13

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Scenario: Pryor or Clinton-Dix at #13

Very close, but I give the edge to Pryor.

When you watch both of them, they have very similar play, but Pryor stands out more.

Pryor is one of my favorites in this years draft. I hope the Rams target him. He's a huge upgrade over Mcleod.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -02-26-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    RealRam and lostsoul like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So then you DO want one of them?
    Seeing that Hamilton is near Quebec, he's using french grammatical sequences.
    lostsoul likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

kman is offline Registered User

Pryor is nasty, physical hitter who's always around the ball..I think he fits the Rams D criteria

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'd prefer a veteran safety like Byrd or Ward over both of them, but if I had to chose I'd go with Clinton-Dix. Pryor is a heat-seeking missile out there and brings some much needed physicality to our secondary, but HaHa is much better in coverage and has played great against much better competition.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I'd prefer a veteran safety like Byrd or Ward over both of them, but if I had to chose I'd go with Clinton-Dix. Pryor is a heat-seeking missile out there and brings some much needed physicality to our secondary, but HaHa is much better in coverage and has played great against much better competition.
    These were my thoughts also. I think Pryor would be a great strong safety, up in the box, like a Kam Chancellor, but that's not the guy we need when we have TJ McDonald around.

TJ McDonald's game vs the Saints was probably the best performance by a Rams safety in the last two years, but that also says a lot about the lackluster play at the position.

It all depends on what the Rams coaches think the team needs. If they just want hard hitting ball players at the back, they would take Pryor. But given that Clinton-Dix has played against better competition (and therefore should be able to step in and play from day 1 easier) and can play the deep balls, he may be a better option for the team just so the CBs don't have to line up 10 yards of the LOS.

I do think, however, that Malcolm Jenkins makes the most sense out of any of the free agents, if that's the way the team goes. Even if you were to take a young safety in the draft, having a veteran of the defensive scheme to coach up TJ McDonald etc would be a great help.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I know Clinton-Dix has some experience covering receivers in the slot or even TE's, but does Pryor? And if the answer is yes, has he been effective? Seems like a good question to ask with the way offenses are being played nowadays

shower beers is offline Registered User

In this scenario I would probably give a slight edge to Clinton-Dix, since I prefer his coverage and closing abilities to Pryor, and those would pair well with McDonald. I'm not sure either made a case at the combine to be selected at number 13 though.

However, our FO may prefer the skill set of Pryor and feel those may be better suited for our schemes. Personally I feel we need help in the coverage and support area more so than another safety that might excel more in the box, but that's just me getting tired of seeing our corners play 12 yards off the line each snap.
    Bar-bq likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    In this scenario I would probably give a slight edge to Clinton-Dix, since I prefer his coverage and closing abilities to Pryor, and those would pair well with McDonald. I'm not sure either made a case at the combine to be selected at number 13 though.

However, our FO may prefer the skill set of Pryor and feel those may be better suited for our schemes. Personally I feel we need help in the coverage and support area more so than another safety that might excel more in the box, but that's just me getting tired of seeing our corners play 12 yards off the line each snap.
    I'm on board here, although I think both Ha-ha and Pryor impressed enough to get themselves into top 15/20 range. There are plenty of safety-needy teams out there, and IMO these guys are roughly on par with, for example, a Mark Barron type -- who probably exceeded his projected draft position by just a fraction.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think if the Rams trade down from #13 to the 15-20 range, one of these guys will be the target

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    My only concern would be hard hitting Pryor + Gregg Williams led defense = penalty flags through reputation
    "Respect come from fear. This is how you get respect in this league"

I realize Roger God Dell wants to turn the NFL into the all girls league, but one could argue it was one of the better pre-game speeches ever given.

Gregg Williams Saints Bounty Audio - YouTube
    Last edited by vanillasue; -03-05-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12