Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Schefter: Tebow trade to come down to Jets or Jags; Rams out of the mix

ShaneFalco Guest

Re: Jets trade for Tebow hits a snag, could Rams be back in play?

ok i moved out to denver about 2 years ago. just as tebow came there. Tebow saved that bottom of the barrel team along with Von Miller, Champ Bailey and Mcagahee. The team was terrible for the last 3 years before tebow took the starting job away from Orton and his interceptions. This could very easily happen here if Bradford doesnt show development.

Tebow brings a huge fanbase whereever he goes. He is a great kid, i would love him in STL. but he wouldnt co exist with bradford. I think tebow is better off going back to Jax. I know he wants to play there or go to a franchise that will believe in him. With elway here, he never believed in him from day one. And is taking a huge risk with a 36 year old qb. I dont believe Fischer would try to use Tebow as a qb. The only way tebow comes here is playing a dif position or bradford becomes a backup. This kid wins and will take away any starting role. He will be a great qb if given the keys to a franchise. Sadly i thought this would be Denver

People can talk about his completion % for a backup qb throwing to 4th stringers with no offseason or ota. But he destroyed teams with his running and pass ability with the dual threat. he set a record for playoff yards....

from going to about 7 games here at mile high stadium, i could see him making drastic strides in development every game. I hope whereever he goes he at least gets the chance to finally get a offseason with the starting team of any city. As a Bronco fan i will even root for him if he plays against us, because he earned every bit of that respect last season. Ive never seen a qb run over brian urlacher, or completely make james harrison look like a fool on a option.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; -03-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

When asked if we should bring in TO many people would have said, "Hell no that guy is a locker room cancer." Why? Because his presence is disruptive. It's always about TO. When things don't go his way he causes problems. It's something a young team trying to find itself doesn't need.

But you want to bring in Tebow? Don't get me wrong, Tebow is mostly a great team mate. But him being here creates the same situation as TO even if it's for different reasons. He's a distraction. How long before billboards pop up because his fans want more Tebow time? Do we need Sam looking over his shoulder every time he takes the field? Timmy didn't go out of his way to squash the uproar his "followers" were causing in Denver. He wants to be a QB and he's going to do whatever he can to get there.

Cancer is cancer. Just because it's benign now doesn't mean you want it.

ShaneFalco Guest

but he isnt a cancer, its the media that makes him one, dont even try to compare him to TO....completely different.if you give him the keys to the franchise... he could bring many wins to whatever team does that. I think Jax will because the Rams still are trying to figure out if Bradford is "the guy"

you have to be 100% in on Tebow. and he will win for you. otherwise dont bother when you have QBs like bradford on the roster that you are looking to.

Blaine Gabbert will be out of a job if Tebow goes to jax. im still suprised gabbert was even drafted that high. I didnt even think he was great at mizzou.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; -03-21-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Schefter: Tebow trade to come down to Jets or Jags; Rams out of the mix

Quoting Rotoworld, which is going off of a Schefter tweet...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Tim Tebow trade is expected to "come down to" either the Jaguars or the Jets.

The Rams are out of the mix. Tebow remains property of the Broncos at this moment, but that should change soon. Due to the holdup caused by language in Tebow's contract, the Jets are in danger of losing out on a trade they went so far as to announce on their club website's Twitter page. The Jaguars are apparently willing to pay the $5 million kick-back option required to acquire Tebow.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Are we seriously arguing as to whether or not Tebow would start over Bradford? Call me when Tebow posts a completion percentage over 50.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    Are we seriously arguing as to whether or not Tebow would start over Bradford? Call me when Tebow posts a completion percentage over 50.
    No. No one was saying that.

Tebow may be a lot of things but he does not whine nor is he a cancer. This looks like a moot point anyway, but acquiring tebow would not have been as terrible as you guys all made it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    but he isnt a cancer, its the media that makes him one, dont even try to compare him to TO....completely different.if you give him the keys to the franchise... he could bring many wins to whatever team does that. I think Jax will because the Rams still are trying to figure out if Bradford is "the guy"

you have to be 100% in on Tebow. and he will win for you. otherwise dont bother when you have QBs like bradford on the roster that you are looking to.

Blaine Gabbert will be out of a job if Tebow goes to jax. im still suprised gabbert was even drafted that high. I didnt even think he was great at mizzou.
    TO was a distraction. Tebow is a distraction. TO does it himself while Tebow's mere presence whips his fans into a frenzy. A distraction is a distraction. Look at how fast Denver is to get rid of him. His fans drove the Broncos organization to the point they were crazy enough to start him. And he did nothing to stop it.

We'll have to disagree on Tebow winning anything. I think Denver won despite having Tebow holding them back. You cant tell me that having someone play like **** for 55 minutes is winning. That defense stepped up and made him look good.
    Last edited by DE_Ramfan; -03-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Looks like a deal is done with the Jets:

Tim Tebow traded to Jets

Updated: March 21, 2012, 9:14 PM ET \
    ESPN.com news services

For the second time Wednesday, Denver has agreed to trade Tim Tebow and a 2012 seventh-round draft pick to the New York Jets for a fourth- and sixth-round pick in April's draft.

"Tim Tebow deserves an enormous amount of credit for what he accomplished and how he carried himself during his time with the Broncos," Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway said in a statement Wednesday night. "From taking over a 1-4 team and leading it to the playoffs to energizing our fans and this community, Tim left an extraordinary mark on this organization. His time in Denver will always hold a special place in Broncos history.:

The deal was halted earlier due to language in Tebow's contract relating to prepaid bonuses and salary, but the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million in compensation back to Denver to finish the trade, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Jaguars re-entered trade talks following the snag in the original deal and the Broncos allowed Tebow to weigh in on which way the deal went, a source told Schefter.

According to a source, Tebow was said to be excited about the prospect of playing with the Jets.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Here's the argument for Tebow - for any team - as far as I'm concerned.

He wins.

That's the long and the short of it. Almost single-handedly, he turned the Broncos from a team picking #3 overall last year into road playoff winners over the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the record, Peyton didn't win a road playoff game until 2003, his sixth year in the league. I think Elway is crazy to trade away Tim Tebow. I don't know that I'd definitely take him over an injured Peyton Manning, but considering what he engineered as a Bronco last year, I don't know how you can justify booting him off of the team for a fourth round pick.

FYI, the NFL record for most road playoff wins belongs to none other than Mark Sanchez of the New York Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Almost single-handedly
    Just curious but what was the rest of the team doing while Tebow was charging his lasers for the first three quarters of nearly every game the Broncos won?
    Fettmaster likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Just curious but what was the rest of the team doing while Tebow was charging his lasers for the first three quarters of nearly every game the Broncos won?
    Beats me.

Did the Broncos win?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Beats me.

Did the Broncos win?
    Did tebow keep the other team from scoring all game so his complete inability to lead the offense downfield until the last minute actually meant something as opposed to being a meaningless TD in a blowout game?

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Glad this thread was made, I have officially figured out who the dumbest posters in this forum are.

I don't understand how Tebow wouldn't be a liability for our Franchise. NOT the team, but for OUR Franchise he is a liability and a distraction. And if you don't think there is a difference between those two, then don't worry about replying to this post because I won't explain it to you.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

He wins.

That's the long and the short of it. Almost single-handedly, he turned the Broncos from a team picking #3 overall last year into road playoff winners over the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the record, Peyton didn't win a road playoff game until 2003, his sixth year in the league. I think Elway is crazy to trade away Tim Tebow. I don't know that I'd definitely take him over an injured Peyton Manning, but considering what he engineered as a Bronco last year, I don't know how you can justify booting him off of the team for a fourth round pick.

FYI, the NFL record for most road playoff wins belongs to none other than Mark Sanchez of the New York Jets.
    Wow, you've really bought into the hype.

In fact, Denver's turnaround was largely due to their defense, which improved substantially during the course of the season. The offense, on the other hand, scored more points per game when Kyle Orton was at the helm.

Tebow was the beneficiary of some close wins against mediocre teams. The media did the rest.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

He wins.

I'm a Tebow fan as much as anybody. Living in Denver got me to buy into the hype. But your argument that he won a road playoff game when Peyton didn't until 03 is not correct. The Broncos/Steelers game was played in Denver. In their one road game, they got completely blown out by the Patriots.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast