Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    schut39's Avatar
    schut39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    13

    Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    St. Louis Rams 2009
    Mock Draft 2.0

    Needs
    : OT, MLB/OLB, WR, DT, QB, RB
    (I am only listing the free agents that we have acquired, re-signed players, and released players that I believe will impact our team the most.)

    Players Acquired in Free Agency:

    Jason Brown – C
    James Butler – SS
    Mike Karney – FB

    Re-Signed Players:

    Ron Bartell – CB
    Victor Adeyanju – DE

    Released Players:

    Torry Holt – WR
    Orlando Pace – OT
    Drew Bennett – WR
    Anthony Becht – TE

    Draft:


    Round 1:
    Eugene Monroe - OT

    Eugene Monroe is probably the most polished lineman coming out of college. I picked him over Jason Smith because I believe that Monroe can come in and make an immediate impact.

    Round 2:
    James Laurinaitis - MLB (Alternate: Clint Sintim)
    I have a feeling that Laurinaitis will slip to the second round because of bigger needs on the teams that will have the ability to draft him. This would be a great pickup and would help fill our two biggest needs.

    Round 3: Louis Murphy
    - WR (Alternate: Ramses Barden/ Juaquin Iglesias)
    Louis Murphy has a good combination of speed and size. He stands at 6'3" and ran a 4.32 40 yard dash at the combine. He would be our tallest receiver and would help us in the red zone with his size.

    Round 4: Zack Follett - OLB
    Once we have filled the MLB position, we will still need to fill the SLB position because I don't think that Quinton Culberson or Chris Draft are reliable starters at that position. Follett is a big hitter and can cause lots of fumbles. He isn't afraid of contact and will take on blockers.

    Round 5: Tom Brandstater - QB

    Tom Brandstater has a strong arm for the short and intermediate ranged routes and he is improving his accuracy also. He isn't afraid to take a hit either which is something that we need at quarterback.

    Round 6:
    Sammie Lee Hill - DT
    The Rams want to get bigger on the D-line to help us stop the run and Sammie Lee Hill will help that. He weighs about 330 pounds and will help take up lots of space along the line.

    Round 7: Devin Moore - RB
    We need a decent running back to step in and play good when Steven Jackson goes down. Devin Moore may not be the best running back in the draft, but he certainly has great speed which was proven in his 4.36 40 yard dash. Moore can use his speed to break through holes and outrun the whole defense.

    Projected Roster:


    OFFENSE:

    QB –
    Marc Bulger, Tom Brandstater, Brock Berlin
    RB – Steven Jackson, Brian Leonard/Devin Moore, Kenneth Darby
    FB – Mike Karney
    WR – Donnie Avery, (Ramses Barden, Louis Murphy, or Juaquin Iglesias), Keenan Burton, Derek Stanley
    TE – Randy McMichael, Joe Klopfenstein, Daniel Fells
    OT – Eugene Monroe, Alex Barron, John Greco, Adam Goldberg
    OG – Jacob Bell, John Greco, Richie Incognito, Roy Scheuning
    C – Jason Brown, Cory Withrow

    DEFENSE:

    DE –
    Leonard Little, Chris Long, James Hall, Victor Adeyanju, Eric Moore
    DT – Adam Carriker, Sammie Lee Hill, Cliff Ryan
    SLB – Zack Follett, Chris Draft/Quinton Culberson
    MLB – James Laurinaitis, Gary Stills, David Vobora
    WLB – Will Witherspoon, Pisa Tinoisamoa
    CB – Ron Bartell, Justin King, Tye Hill, Ricky Manning Jr., Jonathan Wade, Jason Craft
    FS – Oshiomogho Atogwe, Eric Bassey
    SS – James Butler, Todd Johnson

    SPECIAL TEAMS:
    P – Donnie Jones
    K – Josh Brown
    Kick Return – Devin Moore/Derek Stanley
    Punt Return – Devin Moore

    That is the updated version of my 2009 Mock Draft. If you found any mistakes then please post and tell me about it. I based this draft off of what I thought our biggest needs were, and in the end all of them were satisfied. Leave me feedback and feel free to make any suggestions on different picks. Thanks.
    Last edited by schut39; -03-19-2009 at 10:05 PM.


  2. #2
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Sorry i dont agree with picks 3-6.

    Eugene Monroe is good

    Lauriniatis is good if he drops you should put an alternate pick there like Clint Sintim

    Just dont know why people are this high on Dorrell Scott. If we dont get a big run stuffing 330 pounder we just wait till next year for a NT

    Ramses Barden is great. and that is why he will be taken in the 3rd. So i say we take one in the 3rd. Like Louis Murphy or Jaquin Iglasias.

    Stephan Mcgee? why would we take him. Tom Bradstater will be there for us. Also Pat White would be a better pick than McGee.

    Why would we add another late round CB. What makes a 6th round CB different from King or Wade. In the 6th it is just for depth. So if we get a CB in the draft it will be early. Cuz i dont see how a 6th rounder will do really good in rookie season. We have King that has potential we dont need this guy.

    Devin Moore is good
    Last edited by BarronWade; -03-19-2009 at 05:15 PM.

  3. #3
    schut39's Avatar
    schut39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Sorry i dont agree with picks 3-6.

    Eugene Monroe is good

    Lauriniatis is good if he drops you should put an alternate pick there like Clint Sintim

    Just dont know why people are this high on Dorrell Scott. If we dont get a big run stuffing 330 pounder we just wait till next year for a NT

    Ramses Barden is great. and that is why he will be taken in the 3rd. So i say we take one in the 3rd. Like Louis Murphy or Jaquin Iglasias.

    Stephan Mcgee? why would we take him. Tom Bradstater will be there for us. Also Pat White would be a better pick than McGee.

    Why would we add another late round CB. What makes a 6th round CB different from King or Wade. In the 6th it is just for depth. So if we get a CB in the draft it will be early. Cuz i dont see how a 6th rounder will do really good in rookie season. We have King that has potential we dont need this guy.

    Devin Moore is good
    Thanks for the feedback.

    If we think that Ramses Barden will be taken in the 3rd, then we could just draft him in the 3rd and maybe head for a large DT in the later rounds.

    Dorrel Scott is bigger than all of our current DT's and would definitely help stop the run game. I understand what you are saying when you say you would rather wait and get a bigger one next year, but we need any help we can get right now.

    The main reason I like Stephen McGee is due to his scrambling abilities and picking up yardage. It would help us mix things up a bit with a fast quarterback. I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the other quarterbacks, but I will look at Brandstater and I just might change my pick if I think he will be a better choice.

    I was iffy on my 6th round cornerback choice. You are right, it would mainly be for depth, but you never know when someone could turn out to be much better than you thought. McCain has great speed and would be able to keep up with most recievers. I will look at some other options for that pick though.

    Keep the suggestions coming, I will keep updating my draft as I get more thoughts from you guys.

  4. #4
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

    If we think that Ramses Barden will be taken in the 3rd, then we could just draft him in the 3rd and maybe head for a large DT in the later rounds.

    Dorrel Scott is bigger than all of our current DT's and would definitely help stop the run game. I understand what you are saying when you say you would rather wait and get a bigger one next year, but we need any help we can get right now.

    The main reason I like Stephen McGee is due to his scrambling abilities and picking up yardage. It would help us mix things up a bit with a fast quarterback. I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the other quarterbacks, but I will look at Brandstater and I just might change my pick if I think he will be a better choice.

    I was iffy on my 6th round cornerback choice. You are right, it would mainly be for depth, but you never know when someone could turn out to be much better than you thought. McCain has great speed and would be able to keep up with most recievers. I will look at some other options for that pick though.

    Keep the suggestions coming, I will keep updating my draft as I get more thoughts from you guys.
    Well why would we take Barden in the 3rd just dont like that idea. Because we have such a high 3rd rounder. But Louis Murphy will be there in the 3rd. Murphy is taller than 6-2 and can leap like larry fitz.

    A DT i think you should look at (for the late rounds) is Samie Lee Hill he will be there for us in the 6th round (the round you had troble projecting). Hill is big and close to 330 pounds and is almost 6-4. He had trouble agaist the double team in college so he was moved to DE. This would be great for us DT/DE. Remember spags was on the Giants before and had Justin Tuck who can play DT/DE too. Also in the NFl i dont think Hill will face many double teams because we have better Lineman. And if he is doubleteamed we have single protection of Long and AC. Just a guy i thought you should consider.

    Also 2 people you should consider in the 4th round is Nic Harris and Zach Follet. Both are SLB. Follet is a bigger reach but a better fit for the Rams. Follet can blitz well and block shed things that are important to Spags schemes.

  5. #5
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Barden will probably be gone in round 3, and I would like to get him but am not sure if that is a reach or not.
    Sammie Lee Hill is a good late pick for DT
    I'm big on Frantz Joseph he's a really intense LB who hits harder than anyone in the draft and had the 2nd most tackles in the nation last year. We should get him in round 5 or 6.
    I also think that we should get Curtis Painter in the 2nd day since he is probably the easiest qb to mold into a starter. He has one of the fastest releases I'v seen and he has nice touch to throw over linebackers and underneath safeties. His release is also nice for the type of offense we are going to run, and he is not going to start the next 2 years while we have bulger so he will have time to be groomed.
    I agree with Monroe and Lauranitis, but still think that Curry Beatty/Meredith would be a nice choice as well for the first 2 picks.

  6. #6
    jbell15 Guest

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    I love the draft. If lauranaitis falls to us that would be pretty sweet.
    I think we still add a veteran WR and blocking TE in free agency.
    Sammie lee hill would be that "big sloppy fat guy" devaney is looking for.

  7. #7
    schut39's Avatar
    schut39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well why would we take Barden in the 3rd just dont like that idea. Because we have such a high 3rd rounder. But Louis Murphy will be there in the 3rd. Murphy is taller than 6-2 and can leap like larry fitz.

    A DT i think you should look at (for the late rounds) is Samie Lee Hill he will be there for us in the 6th round (the round you had troble projecting). Hill is big and close to 330 pounds and is almost 6-4. He had trouble agaist the double team in college so he was moved to DE. This would be great for us DT/DE. Remember spags was on the Giants before and had Justin Tuck who can play DT/DE too. Also in the NFl i dont think Hill will face many double teams because we have better Lineman. And if he is doubleteamed we have single protection of Long and AC. Just a guy i thought you should consider.

    Also 2 people you should consider in the 4th round is Nic Harris and Zach Follet. Both are SLB. Follet is a bigger reach but a better fit for the Rams. Follet can blitz well and block shed things that are important to Spags schemes.
    I realize that it may be a little high for Barden, and that is why I changed the pick to Murphy and had Barden and Iglesias as alternates. I thought about including Murphy, but I was looking for size and Barden beat him. Now that I look at it, Murphy is around 6'3" and ran a 4.32 40. Holy crap that is fast. So he has great speed and size which we need.

    You read my mind on the Sammie Hill pick. I was thinking about this guy earlier too, but I thought we should grab one in the earlier rounds. But now I added him now that I have adjusted so we are taking one in the later rounds. He is a big guy and will definitely help stop the run with his size.

    I had Zack Follett on my previous mock draft. I decided to put him in here due to the fact that we will also need a reliable SLB because Culberson and Draft won't be capable starters in my opinion. Follett is a big hitter and forced alot of fumbles in his college career and his agressiveness will only help us.

    Well, thanks for the ideas BarronWade, I included most of them into my draft. Keep more ideas coming and if I like the pick better I might change it.

  8. #8
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Well your draft looks really really good right now!



    I've been thinking about this twist:

    3rd round: Rashad Jennings RB. It looks like we are builing a good run OL so Rashad Jennings could back-up Jackson and become a guy that gets 10-15 attempts per game. He is big 6-1 (remember we just singed j. Brown) also he is really fast for a big guy (kinda a change of pace). It is just a tought because im just thinking wont S-Jax get tired of being hit hard down the middle because right now he will probably get 40-50 attempts per game (thats alot). Yea i am giving up on Leonard.

    Then in the 5th we come back with Pat White who can fill in for depth at WR and QB.

    This is just a thought. Because your draft looks so similar to mine. I posted it monday it is called B-Dub's mock draft. So here is just a spin you might want to consider.

  9. #9
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well your draft looks really really good right now!



    I've been thinking about this twist:

    3rd round: Rashad Jennings RB. It looks like we are builing a good run OL so Rashad Jennings could back-up Jackson and become a guy that gets 10-15 attempts per game. He is big 6-1 (remember we just singed j. Brown) also he is really fast for a big guy (kinda a change of pace). It is just a tought because im just thinking wont S-Jax get tired of being hit hard down the middle because right now he will probably get 40-50 attempts per game (thats alot). Yea i am giving up on Leonard.

    Then in the 5th we come back with Pat White who can fill in for depth at WR and QB.

    This is just a thought. Because your draft looks so similar to mine. I posted it monday it is called B-Dub's mock draft. So here is just a spin you might want to consider.
    Pat White in the 5th? I was just reading Charles Davis' chat on NFL.com, he thinks he'll be taken in the 2nd round. I haven't seen many mocks where he survives into the 4th.

  10. #10
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,046
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    I like it. Fills the needs and is plausible.

    The big "risk" is, of course, Hill. If he, as some believe, proves to be a steal, this would be a great draft.

    Nice job.

  11. #11
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Hey mock draftnix....take a litte tip from uncle tx over here.

    Needs: Everything


    Proceed.


  12. #12
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,698
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Come on now tx, dont be so negative. We are clearly set at both kicking spots with Brown and Jones. I believe you have advanced that theory yourself.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  13. #13
    schut39's Avatar
    schut39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Keep em coming guys. I want to make this draft as good as I can.

  14. #14
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Hey mock draftnix....take a litte tip from uncle tx over here.

    Needs: Everything


    Proceed.


    Hey tx...take a little tip from nephew Barron over here.

    #of draft picks: 7 < Number of starters:22 (not including special teams)

    Proceed.


  15. #15
    ramsfan559 Guest

    Re: Schut39's Mock Draft 2.0

    love the branstater pick.............
    hope the rams do draft him...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 NFL mock draft creator spreadsheet...
    By Beerfish in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
  2. Chat w/ Jim Thomas - Feb 24th
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live: 4/15/08
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
  4. 2005 Nfl Draft: Mock Draft I
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
  5. Barry Waller - Draft review part 1
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -04-03-2005, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •