throwback week

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Scott Wright's 2-round Feb. 1st Mock

Over at his site, 1/3rd of my NFL Draft triumverant (along with Mike Mayock & our own Nick) has posted his debut 2-rounder.

Go check it out, but here's the highlights:

#1 Chris Long
    #2 Glenn Dorsey
    #33 Chris Williams

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Scott Wright's 2-round Feb. 1st Mock

If we go line back to back I'll scream worse than a little girl at a Hannah Montana concert

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    If we go line back to back I'll scream worse than a little girl at a Hannah Montana concert
    A. Way to go topical, though how you know what goes on at a Hannah Montana concert is a little troubling.

B. If line is what we need (ie. pass rush), then why not?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

1. My girlfriend's 10 year old daughter.

2. Without a speed WR, this offense goes nowhere. I don't care that we signed Bennett, that signing was worthless. You could have the best line out there, without a speed guy (remember Az Hakim? much more valued than originally noticed), this offense will bog down.

RedArcher7 Guest

You wanna take a receiver with the second overall pick, or the second round pick? Either way, no. Lines are our most pressing need. If we want to fix the defense, we should let Haz run wild on draft day and use most of if not all of our picks on defense.

Wanna fix the offense? We have like, 6,000 WRs on the practice squad, put Stanley on the roster and use his speed, or hope that Hall gets healthy. Draft all offensive line the first day, get a real fullback. Play with a possesion receiving game and power running if you don't have a speed threat. Come away with at least 4 offensive linemen and a fullback. Use the rest of D.

Once upon a time the Ravens had a bad defense. They blasted every pick on defense, and I don't think it's hurt um.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

i agree with redarcher7. There isn't enough value at WR to address one in tehe first two rounds. Ideally the Rams can grab Dexter Jackson in the 5th (i would pee my pants) or just hold off till later.

I also think, however, four linemen and a FB is a little much unless we don't sign any free agents b/c we need some D-backs and depth at other positions as well.

harrydog is offline Registered User

If Chris Long is gone and we can't trade down, gain extra picks and still have a good shot at someone like Gholston, Ellis, Jake Long, Chris Williams, or even Keith Rivers, then I would definitely not be upset to see us take Dorsey.