Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    STLunatic is offline Registered User

Re: Scott Wright's 3/17 Mock Draft

If the Mock goes like that above, Rams shouldn't take Hardy or Manningham. They should take Dan Connor a HUGE value at the pick, and now that Chillar has walked we need Dan Connor to step in and be a monster. WR can be had in the 3rd round, Donnie Avery,Lavelle Hawkins one of those guys. But if the mock goes like that Dan Connor is the pick no questions asked.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

One thing to remember when teams go into the draft, who is up for salary increases after the next year? I swear, that salary cap has more implications on a team than performance does.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=39thebeast;220317]
    Character: Hardy
    QUOTE]

I'm sorry but if Hardy's charactor is better than Manningham's then take Manningham off the list 'cause that's pretty sad.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Ok, I have a point of each of the first two picks, which I simply love.

First, on the Chris Long/Vernon Gholston debate. I can see and maybe understand why people like Gholston over Long, but I guess I need a few more reasons. He's faster, and a better athlete, I get that. He's the best pure pass rusher in the draft. And he proved himself to be able to lift weights at the top of the class. However, he's far from polished and has not really played as a full time DE. He played more of a hybrid spot in college. His awareness isn't the best and there's questions about his run stopping abilities from a three point stance. There's also questions having to do with his real love for the game, and work ethic to be the best in every game.

Gil Brandt is quoted as saying that he "doesn't know of a prospect in this draft with no negatives, except Chris Long". Long is possibly the only guaranteed thing in this draft, though the other Long could be as well. Same with McFadden. While Chris Long will most likely not be as good of a pass rusher, which is what we need, he will be one of the hardest working guys on the team and will raise everyone around him to a higher level. He will also be a much better player against the run, which has also been a weakness as of late. You also cannot top his bloodlines either.

As for Manningham, his combine showing was a big disappointment. He was a true downfield threat throughout the season and was expected to have a very good forty time. I haven't seen any stats from the Michigan pro day, but I guess he ran well there. The thing is, he played a lot faster than he was timed, and doesn't it come down to what they do once the pads go on? I think that he'll continue to be the playmaker that he was at Michigan, so if he drops to us, he'll be a good pick as well. He needs to add some muscle and some weight to help his durability, but smaller receivers have been doing fine the last few years. Seriously, his bad forty at the combine and his possible injury risk are his only downsides. And his character issues, but I'm not familiar with those.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -03-18-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Character issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12