HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Scott Wright's latest 3 round mock

Here's the link.

But for the lazy....

1st - Amobi Okoye - DT
    2nd - Eric Weddle - S
    3rd - Brandon Siler - ILB

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Re: Scott Wright's latest 3 round mock

I would be very happy to see the Rams address these positional needs on day 1 of the draft.

I would be a liar if I said I knew anything about these players. I no very little but from what I have read they sound promising.

todd1 is offline Registered User

I don't like the Weddle pick in Round 2. What is he giving us that the signing of Todd Johnson did not provide? I think we should go for LB/DE in Round 2, if Round 1 is used on a DT. Or maybe even a backup RB, one of the biggest needs we must address sometime between Rounds 2-4. What if Jackson is hurt and misses time? Who plays? Travis Minor??

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by todd
    I don't like the Weddle pick in Round 2.
    That's an excellent point....especially with McDonald, Moses, Crowder, Alama-Francis, Woodley, and Abimiari on the board for our 2nd pick and gone before our 3rd.

I must admit I do like the Siler pick in the 3rd. The tampa-2 teams and the 3-4 teams should pass on him and his coverage deficiencies, as each like to have an ILB that can fall back on passing routes. If Kennedy can keep blockers out of the secondary, Siler would be a nice tackle to tackle run stopper.....just what the doctor ordered.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Its terrible outside the first round. Where's our SAM and Pass Rushing End?
    RamsFan16

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Did you get a chance to see the biggest running play of '07. LT just ran right through our safeties.

I believe we need to allow the youth to learn but upgrading the talent in this position could have a huge impact in the run stop D........

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Did you get a chance to see the biggest running play of '07. LT just ran right through our safeties.

I believe we need to allow the youth to learn but upgrading the talent in this position could have a huge impact in the run stop D........
    I agree that our S spot is a weakness on the defense, but compared to other weaknesses it is not that bad. Chavou and Otogwe are decent starters and were playing well at the end of last year. I hope the Rams bring a mid round pick or convert Jon Alston to compete with them.

The Rams have to go DT in the 1st round, and Okoye if he is there is an easy pick.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-10-2008, 01:23 PM