timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Scott Wright's Mock Draft 4/12/07

The Rams picks:

13) Darrelle Revis CB-Pitt.
    52) DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler DT-NC State
    82) Stewart Bradley OLB-Nebraska

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Scott Wright's Mock Draft 4/12/07

This is the most "out-of-the-box" mock from Wright, yet. Take a look at all three rounds, very interesting from top to bottom.

Let me say, though, I'm not excited about it. Let me rephrase....I'm not excited about Revis with Jamaal Anderson on the board (btw: Anderson @ #23?!?!?). But I admit I'm fine with Tyler and Bradley in 2 and 3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

todd1 Guest

On his chat the other day, Kiper mentioned that Jamaal Anderson might slip to 21 if he gets past the Rams pick. From what we saw a month or so ago, Anderson would seem to be a steal at 13, now it might be possible to trade down and get him. Just goes to show how these things can change.

By the way, I too would have to take Anderson over Revis at 13. I see where everyone gets all riled up over taking Ginn at 13, but nobody seems to sneeze when a CB is brought up as a potential 1st round pick. The same logic should hold at CB, we just took Tye in round 1 last year and Bartell (round 2) 2 years ago. Do we want to tie up that much salary cap space and premium draft picks on CB's (none of whom are projected to be lock-down type cover corners)?

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    The Rams picks:

13) Darrelle Revis CB-Pitt.
    52) DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler DT-NC State
    82) Stewart Bradley OLB-Nebraska
    Bradley lasting to 82 would be great.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I hope we don't take another corner in the first round. It's nothing against Revis, but he's not going to generate a pass rush or keep us from getting gashed up the middle on running plays. Even if our corners play superbly, the defense will just have more repeats of last season's problems.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Maybe Wright is assuming that we trade for Jenkins and don't have to take a DT in the first, but I have to agree with Goldenfeece about the lack of a pass rush.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Glad to see the pick was atleast a defensive pick, but St. Louis seriously needs (echoing just about everything everyone else has said) D linemen. For now and for the future. Else their doomed to revisit this situation again in a couple of years.

Little isn't getting any younger. Right now IMO is prime time to take a young DE. Considering that the Rams have Little (the premier end) and a serviceable (at best) tandem in James/Vic I think Anderson is a no brainer if available @13. If I was a betting man (which I am only at the poker table) I'd bet you could pencil him in at RE opening day. Experience or not you can't teach talent.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    Maybe Wright is assuming that we trade for Jenkins and don't have to take a DT in the first, but I have to agree with Goldenfeece about the lack of a pass rush.
    From the chat with Wright, it was apparent that he is of the opinion that if a top DT isn't present, the Rams will go corner. For whatever reason, Wright does not believe we will spend an early pick on DE.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

keith m. klink Guest

he has us getting tyler in the 2nd , and a lb in the 3rd, who say's we won't get a de , or de's in the remaining rounds , i don't really think that if we don't get a dt in the 1st round that the draft is shot . help me out here , most of you guy's were screeming for the TANK earlier this year . he is by far the strongest DT in the draft. what is everyone's problem. REVIS IS a skilled corner , with really good return skills , ( killing two birds , as they say) . i like the 3 rds, .

Ram-Genious Guest

I like Revis. he was a good corner for Pitt and I think he could be a good player for years to come.