chipperjones is offline Registered User

Scout.com Mock Draft

I love mock drafts. You get a look at the possibilities.

#1 Oakland Raiders
    WR - Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech: Al Davis doesn't have the time or patience to wait on a developing QB. Expect former No. 1 selection David Carr to give them the type of veteran experience he is looking for at the position.
    #2 Detroit Lions
    OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin: Protecting the backside is essential in Mike Martz's offensive system. Drafting a potential 10- to 12-year pro is a wise investment. Look for Stanford QB Edwards on Lions' second pick
    #3 Cleveland Browns
    QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU: Peterson is the Browns' slam-dunk choice, but when the high ceiling Russell came available, club did an about face and filled the void at this critical position.
    #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    DE Gaines Adams - Clemson: Top pass rushers are impossible to pass on at any stage. Adams is the high-energy pass rusher the Bucs covet
    #5 Arizona Cardinals
    RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma: Peterson's young legs complement Edgerrin James in first season and soon develops into one of the league's best backs.
    #6 Washington Redskins
    DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas: Finding a bonafide pass rusher is a must for the team's defense; drafting Irish QB Quinn was tempting.
    #7 Minnesota Vikings
    QB Brady Quinn - Notre Dame: Tarvaris Jackson? Brooks Bollinger? I don't think so. Don't see Vikings second-year coach staking his football future on the unproven duo.
    #8 Atlanta Falcons
    (from Houston)
    S LaRon Landry - LSU: The top safety prospect in this year's draft is a slam-dunk selection at this critical need position for the Falcons.
    #9 Miami Dolphins
    CB Leon Hall - Michigan: Dolphins can't pass on this shutdown corner. Offensive-minded head coach Cam Cameron knows the importance of defending the pass
    #10 Houston Texans
    (from Atlanta)
    OT Levi Brown- Penn State: How many times was Carr sacked over his five-year professional career? Losing top prospect and 2006 No. 3 selection Spencer through injury adds to their woes.
    #11 San Francisco *****
    DE Adam Carriker - Nebraska: Marquis Douglas is a journeyman player and Bryant Young is entering his 13th season. Carriker is a great fit for aging defensive front
    #12 Buffalo Bills
    LB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss: Losing veteran starters Fletcher and Spikes makes drafting the talented Willis a no brainer.
    #13 St. Louis Rams
    DT Amobi Okoye - Louisville: Finding a young talented inside run stopper is essential for the development of the Rams' defense
    #14 Carolina Panthers
    TE Greg Olsen - Miami: Panthers like the talented Gaines at the point of attack, but team's struggling offense finds a new dimension in the up-the-seam-threat Olsen
    #15 Pittsburgh Steelers
    CB Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh: Moves down one door from Panthers to Steelers locker room and adds much-needed fresh legs to aging defense.
    #16 Green Bay Packers
    WR Ted Ginn - Ohio State: Buckeye star is a home run receiver for the vertically challenged Packers offense.
    #17 Jacksonville Jaguars
    LB Paul Posluszny - Penn State: Head coach Del Rio knows the importance of consistent linebacker play to stabilize a defense.
    #18 Cincinnati Bengals
    CB Chris Houston - Arkansas: Bengals find in Arkansas underclassmen young legs to help fortify aging secondary
    #19 Tennessee Titans
    WR Robert Meachem - Tennessee: Vol standout is a solid replacement for departed Drew Bennett and a developing vertical threat.
    #20 New York Giants
    RB Marshawn Lynch - Cal: Giants are going to seriously miss the great Tiki Barber, but Lynch gives them a good start on the future.
    #21 Denver Broncos
    CB Aaron Ross - Texas: Can't find enough people to play out on a wing and Broncos will find in this player a versatile matchup frontline performer.
    #22 Dallas Cowboys
    WR Dwayne Bowe - LSU: Both Cowboys receiving starters will be entering their 12th season in 2007. Bowe is a savvy, talented, well-schooled catcher.
    #23 Kansas City Chiefs
    OG Ben Grubbs - Auburn: The quick-footed athlete Grubbs is a good first step in rebuilding team's offensive front. Veteran Shields is entering his 15th season in 2007.
    #24 New England Patriots
    S Reggie Nelson - Florida: Patriots fill a critical need in the later stages of the round. 14-year oft-injured veteran safety Harrison nearing the end of the line. (Pick from Seahawks)
    #25 New York Jets
    LB Lawrence Timmons - FSU: Another run-and-hit guy with a high ceiling to help solidify developing defense. Veteran journeyman Barton is a nine-year veteran
    #26 Philadelphia Eagles
    DT Alan Branch - Michigan: Needed run stopper, but I see a lot of Rams bust Jimmy Kennedy in this player's game. Buyer beware!!!
    #27 New Orleans Saints
    LB Jon Beason - Miami: Another cog in this already strong defense in the Crescent City. Beason is the next in a long line of top Miami backers.
    #28 New England Patriots
    OT Joe Staley - Central Michigan: A potential bright spot in an area of concern for this perrenial contender
    #29 Baltimore Ravens
    DE Anthony Spencer- Purdue: The perfect answer to the departure of rising star and top 2007 free agent Adalius Thomas.
    #30 San Diego Chargers
    WR Dwayne Jarrett - USC: Play of the wideouts left much to be desired in playoff loss to Patriots. Jarrett is both dependable and skilled
    #31 Chicago Bears
    RB Tony Hunt - Penn State: A big, durable ball-control back to offset the loss of Thomas Jones
    #32 Indianapolis Colts
    OG Arron Sears - Tennessee: A young, talented, versatile Vol to help in the most important aspect of the Colts offensive game -- protecting Peyton

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Scout.com Mock Draft

#26 Philadelphia Eagles
    DT Alan Branch - Michigan: Needed run stopper, but I see a lot of Rams bust Jimmy Kennedy in this player's game. Buyer beware!!!
    Gee, where have I heard this before? #26 is a huge drop for Branch.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I like it come to us Okoye!!!!!!

itsguud is offline Registered User

THis draft is ridiculus. Johnson first?!, Peterson 5th?!, Quinn 7th?! Okoye 13th?!.... this draft order has many flaws.

general counsel is offline Registered User

the giants have jacobs and just traded for another running back. they arent going to take a running back in round 1.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

#2 Detroit Lions
    OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin: Protecting the backside is essential in Mike Martz's offensive system. Drafting a potential 10- to 12-year pro is a wise investment. Look for Stanford QB Edwards on Lions' second pick
    After trading for George Foster, I think the Joe Thomas pick to Detroit is making less and less sense.

#5 Arizona Cardinals
    RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma: Peterson's young legs complement Edgerrin James in first season and soon develops into one of the league's best backs.
    I'm assuming the logic here would be BPA though Anderson or Levi Brown could get looks.

#20 New York Giants
    RB Marshawn Lynch - Cal: Giants are going to seriously miss the great Tiki Barber, but Lynch gives them a good start on the future.
    Very questionable pick as GC said. They're not heavily invested in Droughns but that doesn't change the fact that they did indeed trade for him. A LB or CB or even Joe Staley would make much more sense here.

#21 Denver Broncos
    CB Aaron Ross - Texas: Can't find enough people to play out on a wing and Broncos will find in this player a versatile matchup frontline performer.
    First round corner after trading for Dre Bly? No chance.

#25 New York Jets
    LB Lawrence Timmons - FSU: Another run-and-hit guy with a high ceiling to help solidify developing defense. Veteran journeyman Barton is a nine-year veteran
    Timmons has 3-4 experience and seems to enjoy playing in it, but I can't help but wonder if he ultimately has the size for it or not.

#26 Philadelphia Eagles
    I personally doubt he falls this far.

#30 San Diego Chargers
    WR Dwayne Jarrett - USC: Play of the wideouts left much to be desired in playoff loss to Patriots. Jarrett is both dependable and skilled
    The problem is while San Diego does need someone to help at receiver, what they're looking for is someone with speed to stretch the field. They already have plenty of size in their receiving group.

#31 Chicago Bears
    RB Tony Hunt - Penn State: A big, durable ball-control back to offset the loss of Thomas Jones
    What a horrible pick. They spent a high first round pick on Benson, they're not going to spend another first rounder on his back-up.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Dominator is offline Registered User

I'm with you guys. This one doesn't seem too good to me. Jets aren't looking for another undersized LB, that's the problem with Vilma. If Branch falls I can't see the Jets passing on him. He could play any position on that line.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-12-2008, 06:28 PM