Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TekeRam
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Seahawks lose another starter

  1. #1
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,963
    Rep Power
    74

    Seahawks lose another starter

    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 15m

    Seahawks lose another starter in free agency as rugged RT Breno Giacomini agrees to terms w/Jets per @BobGlauber.

    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 5h

    Janoris Jenkins tormentor Golden Tate of Seattle is now a Detroit LIon.

    Glad to see both move on.


  2. #2
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Nothing makes me happier. Except maybe an STD outbreak in the Whiner locker room...
    I believe!

  3. #3
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Not sure Giacomini is a huge loss for them, to be honest.
    shower beers likes this.

  4. #4
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not sure Giacomini is a huge loss for them, to be honest.
    He was alright for them, but I think they have another RT ready to take his place who's a better run blocker than him

  5. #5
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not sure Giacomini is a huge loss for them, to be honest.
    I'm glad he has gone, because he got away with being a mouthy idiot and playing after the whistle too much at Century Link field.

  6. #6
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,963
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Chris Clemons - DL - Jaguars

    Jaguars signed DE Chris Clemons, formerly of the Seahawks, to a four-year contract.
    Jacksonville will field an all-ex-Seahawk defensive end pairing of LE Red Bryant and RE Clemons in 2014. Clemons is a "Leo" outside pass rusher, a defensive end-outside linebacker hybrid position in the Gus Bradley/Pete Carroll defense. He shouldn't be relied upon for more than 60 percent or so of the Jaguars' defensive snaps going on age 33, but still has some juice left in the tank. Clemons posted 4.5 sacks as an 11-game starter last year, and received positive pass-rush grades from Pro Football Focus. He figures to share time with Andre Branch on the edge.
    Related: Seahawks
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Mar 13 - 10:27 AM

  7. #7
    vanillasue is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 15m

    Seahawks lose another starter in free agency as rugged RT Breno Giacomini agrees to terms w/Jets per @BobGlauber.

    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 5h

    Janoris Jenkins tormentor Golden Tate of Seattle is now a Detroit LIon.

    Glad to see both move on.
    Hawks are clearing their roster of expensive guys since they have the depth to replace them and add more depth via the draft. Kind of obvious what they are doing and it makes total sense.

  8. #8
    jerseyramsfan's Avatar
    jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Hawks are clearing their roster of expensive guys since they have the depth to replace them and add more depth via the draft. Kind of obvious what they are doing and it makes total sense.
    What makes sense to me is you lose a quality starter that means my Rams are closing the gap!

  9. #9
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Chris Clemons - DL - Jaguars

    Jaguars signed DE Chris Clemons, formerly of the Seahawks, to a four-year contract.
    Jacksonville will field an all-ex-Seahawk defensive end pairing of LE Red Bryant and RE Clemons in 2014. Clemons is a "Leo" outside pass rusher, a defensive end-outside linebacker hybrid position in the Gus Bradley/Pete Carroll defense. He shouldn't be relied upon for more than 60 percent or so of the Jaguars' defensive snaps going on age 33, but still has some juice left in the tank. Clemons posted 4.5 sacks as an 11-game starter last year, and received positive pass-rush grades from Pro Football Focus. He figures to share time with Andre Branch on the edge.
    Related: Seahawks
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Mar 13 - 10:27 AM
    Bigger loss than Giacomini, IMO.

    Seattle will probably be looking for Bruce Irvin to step up. I'd love to see a former Mountaineer do well in the pros, but hard to root for him as a current Seahawk.

    The Seahawks have some options still on the defensive line/pass rush; Clemons was probably a luxury, especially with some important guys up for new deals in the next couple of years.
    Rambos likes this.

  10. #10
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Seahawks lose another starter

    I'm sure they'll be able to get a couple veterans chasing a ring to sign with them on the cheap, maybe someone like Jared Allen.

Similar Threads

  1. Seahawks lose CB Marcus Trufant for the year
    By sosa39rams in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: -12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-12-2006, 09:19 PM
  4. Seahawks lose on ruling
    By RamWraith in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: -03-23-2006, 03:31 AM
  5. Seahawks lose opener to Jags
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -09-13-2005, 11:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •