Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Re: Sean Weatherspoon?

if damian williams is there, i think we take him but i doubt that. as far as weatherspoon goes, he's very talented and a first-round talent. we need playmakers, regardless of position, if we think he's better quality than the de's or qb's available we'll take him.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I think he is there at the top of the second, and if I were in charge I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on him. Very talented, tackles well and has alot of speed. Also better in coverage then I thought he was, showed excellent body control on the INT tonight, very impressive.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    But my question is with all the other needs on this team can we afford to spend a 2nd rounder on a OLB?

If Suh is our 1st pick should we take Weatherspoon?
    If Weatherspoon is by far the best player on the board, then sure. It's not like we don't need help at OLB, and passing up better talent in order to take lesser prospects just because they fill bigger needs isn't a great way to build a team.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The reason I would choose him is because there is not an offensive player that is better than he is for the defense at this round(time).
    Maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Okay Damian Williams may not be a good value at 33
    Maybe I'm alone here, but I think Damian Williams (WR, USC) would be great value at the top of the second round. His stock will fluctuate depending on how he does at the combine and at his pro day, but I think he's the potential to be a first round prospect when the process is all said and done.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

I would like to see the Rams pick any outside linebacker in this draft who can pass cover and start right away. If Witherspoon can do that and he's available, then take him. Hopefully, Suh will free-up anyone in the middle on passing down with Little and Long providing pressure.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

To an earlier point made about the Giants not having a great LB corps, that's due in part to the AMAZING line they had. Look at this past season though when their DL started to slump and some guys suffered injuries, their D went down the crapper, only a few spots better than our own I believe.

Rams need LB help big time, our line is improving, but will not be a Giants '07 quality unit for a year or two (if ever). The D got gashed by big runs on multiple occasions, a lot of that is because running backs were able to slip past our LB's or out run them to the edge. I'd like to see us add at least two LB's, we're already thin there as it is.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    To an earlier point made about the Giants not having a great LB corps, that's due in part to the AMAZING line they had. Look at this past season though when their DL started to slump and some guys suffered injuries, their D went down the crapper, only a few spots better than our own I believe.
    Wouldn't that be an argument for improving the defensive line? If they were good when their DL was good and bad when it started to slump, then the quality of their defense overall wasn't really contingent on the strength of the linebackers, was it?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Wouldn't that be an argument for improving the defensive line? If they were good when their DL was good and bad when it started to slump, then the quality of their defense overall wasn't really contingent on the strength of the linebackers, was it?
    I agree and I would love to see the Rams grab Suh and then Graham and stockpile our d-line. I know we don't have great wr's but I'd rather not see us draft one in round two when we dont have the o-line to protect the qb nor do we have the qb that gets time to throw them the ball. I think the Rams need to start somewhere and having a good defense with a solid running game is a good start. If we get two starters along the d-line in the first and second round this defense becomes pretty good up front. If we get pressure on opposing qb's our secondary suddenly looks even better.
    Just Fix It

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I personally all about B.P.A the rams are building a team over a certain amount of time. Not just over one year.

So I think you dont risk reaching and then a have another bust pick on your hands. This would set the franchise back many years.

If you have some elite players on your team then can compensate for other players that might be a little weak such as I.E a good defensive line can compensate for a week linebacking core. It also makes the secondary better because they do not have to hold in coverage as long.

Go Rams

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I think we will improve the d-line, Suh will be a great pick, but like I said, the line isn't going to be on that level and it isn't likely that it ever will be. So better LB's are assurance that we won't be gashed by huge runs or screens.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Paris Lenon and Will Witherspoon seemed to be big pieces to this defense. They both played will linebacker and came out with some big plays. They both had alot of TFL's and FF's. They both even had interceptions. Lenon returned one last season, they still dont make many plays?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12