throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    molar_pistol Guest

Re: Is Sergio Kindle our guy?

he played 4-3 end but i don't know how well he will fit there in the nfl..he's pretty soft. as far as i know he can't really cover, i don't know that i've seen him try, he is seen as a 3-4 outside rush linebacker. trade back.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Mays is not a need for us at this time.

The more i think about it, the more i hope that someone trades up to get claussen because i dont see a perfect fit for us here, although the usc de intrigues me, as does golden tate.

We need a lot of help. If we can pick up a third round pick for moving back 10 spots or less, i say make the move.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG37 View Post
    After posting I read over some info on him, and now I'm not as sure if he's as good of a fit for the Rams as I initially thought. Apparently he has some off the field issues, including a DUI arrest, driving into a building and fleeing the scene, plus some academic issues. Not sure if that kind of resume will make it past the 4 Pillars. He may also have some knee problems.
    More details...

2007: Kindle was arrested in late July on a charge of driving while intoxicated after a traffic stop, police said. The sophomore was taken into custody around 2:30 a.m. after failing a field sobriety test, according to Austin police. He was later released from Travis County Jail. He was suspended for the first three games by head coach Mack Brown. He was held out of the first couple of days of fall practice in order to visit with a woman whose child was crippled by a drunk driver, Brown said. He did not identify the woman. Kindle also had to perform some form of community service on behalf of the team before they he was allowed to play. "I think we've got to send a message and kids have to learn," Brown said. "It is a good opportunity for our football team to step up and talk about how serious we feel about drinking and driving."

2009: On June 24, Kindle ran his car into an Austin, Texas, building and left the scene of the accident, according to his attorney. Kindle hit his head during the wreck and suffered a concussion when he ran off the street and into a West Campus residence early Wednesday morning, the Austin American-Statesman has reported. "He knew he was hurt at the time and that he needed to go home and go to bed," Brian Roark, Kindle's lawyer, told the newspaper. Roark said the incident occurred at 2:50 a.m. ET and that Kindle was probably text messaging before the accident, the American-Statesman reported. According to witnesses, Kindle and several occupants got out of the car and pushed it out of the residence and down the road before abandoning it, police said. Roark said Kindle contacted the apartment's management Thursday when he woke up, according to the report. Police said the accident was under investigation and no charges had been filed. Texas law doesn't appear to cover leaving the scene of accidents resulting in damage to buildings. According to the state's transportation code, a driver who fails to leave a note at the scene providing the name of the operator, owner of the car and circumstances of a collision with an unattended vehicle faces a Class C misdemeanor if the damage is less than $200, a Class B misdemeanor if it is more. A statement from the apartment's management company estimated the damages to the exterior wall of the building at $8,700, the newspaper reported … A remorseful Sergio Kindle told reporters at the Big Twelve Conference media days that he learned a valuable lesson last month after crashing his car into an Austin apartment building while he was text messaging. Kindle said that Texas head coach Mack Brown has already taken disciplinary action vs. him, but declined to provide specifics. The punishment, Kindle said, will not include suspensions from either games or practices. "There were some disciplinarian things," Kindle told Inside Texas, "but I'd rather not talk about them." Kindle said the June 24 accident was a wake-up call to him that he said will help build his responsibility in the future. He has spent most of the past few weeks trying to rebuild his credibility with teammates. No charges have been filed vs. Kindle because of the accident. Kindle told reporters he wasn't drinking at the time of the crash. He sustained a concussion and was treated by team doctors the following day. Brown said that he plans to lecture his team in the next several days about the perils of texting while driving. "I know I've done it," Brown said. "I've got to quit checking my messages when I'm at stop signs."

So even if you determine that he could fit somewhere in our defense (is he a 4-3 DE or a 4-3 OLB? Or neither?), is he a Four Pillars guy?

Wouldn't be surprised to see this one go either way, but my gut says the Rams pass.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12