AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Serious Questions for Vick Supporters

Mod's Note: Though I have not moved the existing threads on the subject, from this point on, threads about Michael Vick as a free agent or trade target should be confined to this board. Thanks.

This thread is not about whether the Rams should try to acquire Michael Vick.

Rather, for those who wish to acquire him, I have a few serious questions:

1. For what period of time would you sign him?

2. What kind of money would you pay him (i.e. starter's money, back-up money, incentive-based contract, etc.)?

3. Would you pass on a QB in Round 2 or 3 (i.e. Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, Ryan Mallett) if the Rams acquire Vick, or do you see Vick as a short term solution while the Rams groom a young QB?

I have to say going in that, while I don't want Vick at all, I'd be even more disgusted if the Rams acquired Vick for starter money, gave him a long term deal, and refrained from taking a QB in the hope that Vick would be "the guy." I'm curious if any of the Vick supporters are so confident in him that they would put most or all of their eggs in the Vick basket.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Serious Questions for Vick Supporters

A one year contract.

2. What kind of money would you pay him (i.e. starter's money, back-up money, incentive-based contract, etc.)?

Something similar to what the Eagles gave him and a bonus for him becoming the starter (if he becomes the starter) or something like that; a benefit for staying on the right path (career/life wise) and earning a starting job. Whether he gets the starting job is up to the coaches. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I would not want him to be signed if he was guaranteed to start. Hypothetically if he does well and earns the starting job and wins us games, he's not going to be starting for very long regardless, so at that point I'd sign him to a 2-3 year contract.

3. Would you pass on a QB in Round 2 or 3 (i.e. Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, Ryan Mallett) if the Rams acquire Vick, or do you see Vick as a short term solution while the Rams groom a young QB?

I see Vick as a short term solution while the Rams groom a young QB. I'd love to see us take Colt McCoy in the 2nd round and give him a year to take it all in. It's a win/win situation because if Vick winds up playing really well and wins us games, we'll have a QB for a few years and theoretically a more than capable back-up/future starter in Colt McCoy (or whoever we decide to draft in the 2nd/3rd round).

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

A two-three year contract

Incentive-based contract; similar to the Eagles. Pay him roughly 2.5mil a year with the potential to make more based on number of wins, yards thrown, tds, etc.

I would like to see the Rams draft a QB in Round 2 or 3.

Oshiomogho Guest

1. One to Three Years.

2. I think he could earn starter money.

3. Draft a QB in the 2nd round and let Vick be the starter for the 2010 season. There is potential superstars in that bunch of players and they need time.