Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Should the Rams consider Mack Strong?

I would rather use the money that would be needed to sign Strong to re-sign Ryan Pickett. I think that Hedgecock is going to be special, and for the next couple of years a bargain as well. We need to spend our $$ on D, although I would not be disappointed if the Rams select either Davis or Pope early. The Rams might be able to trade down a spot or two and still snag Pope.
    More than likely though they will likely draft a defensive player...

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I hope Manu takes it up a few steps this year , Strong is good back but with Hedgecock their and the cap on Manu don't think it will happen , But ya never know !

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Why waste money on Strong, we have Hedgecock, we need to spend our money on real problem issues on the team, not waste it on Strong.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to ClanRam, Contak! You'll probably remember your 1st post, on Mack/Hedgecock.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I would rather spend our dollars on more important free agent acquistions. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see Strong retire after this year if the Seahawks win the SB. But even if he doesn't, I don't see why he'd want to leave Seattle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

If my choice were between Hedge or Strong being on the Rams team it would be Hedge. But what I was referring to was having a good blocking TE in Hedge and a good blocking FB in Strong for the next two years while we spend our money on the D. Even if we do not sign him we will still need another TE Manu is the only TE with NFL experience under contract. I don't think Strong would cost much more then another TE we would have to sign anyway due to age and position. Hedge has lined up at TE and he has shown the ability to catch in limited action.

I do believe Hedge can do the job at FB but I also believe he can be an upgrade at TE without having a drop off at FB with Strong. As far as Strong not leaving the Seachickens that very well could be but the Seachickens are going to have a hard time signing all their Free Agents.

I will not be disapointed if this does not happen but I do think this would improve our running game. IMO I think Hedge would prove to be a better blocking TE.

Others may be right another year or two of watching Manu may be better as painful as it would be to watch. I don't think we will be able to draft a TE on the first day this year because of our need on D. I also don't think we will find a better TE option then Hedge in free agency unless we pay a whole lot more then what Strong would command.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -02-02-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Hedge has lined up at TE and he has shown the ability to catch in limited action.
    I could see making this move if we had another FB on the roster that we'd like to get on the field, but I don't agree with moving our FB to TE then going out and signing his replacement. I'd just sign a TE. After all, Hedge spent all year at FB learning that position in our offense. I see what you're saying and understand your position, but I just don't think it's very logical to move him and then have to sign a replacement for him.

As far as Strong not leaving the Seachickens that very well could be but the Seachickens are going to have a hard time signing all their Free Agents.
    Why? You said yourself you don't think Strong will command a big contract and he won't cost more than another TE. So why couldn't the Seahawks make room for him on their roster? This website seems to suggest the Seahawks will have plenty of cap room this spring.

I also don't think we will find a better TE option then Hedge in free agency unless we pay a whole lot more then what Strong would command.
    Really? Hedge has one year of pro experience at FB, and you don't think we could find a reasonable TE in free agency better than Hedge would be?

Personally I would take free agents Teyo Johnson, Robert Royal, Chad Lewis, Dan Campbell, Matt Schobel, Aaron Shea, Chris Baker, and Christian Fauria at TE before Hedgecock, and I don't think any of them would command big money.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Teyo Johnson is an interesting target. He has a lot of talent. If he could settle down and work, he could be a nice signing.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

strong is a bit too old for me...hedge is good enough at FB and there are a lot of good TEs in the draft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12