Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Should the Rams pick up Chris Harris?

The bears dropped him after his request to be traded per ESPN, should we make a deal for him or will it cost too much? I know he's a pretty big hitter.
    Last edited by Systemlangstaff; -10-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Should the Rams pick up Chris Harris?

You have to worry when a safety can't stick at the Bears, who probably have the worst safety situation in the league right now

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Like I always say...we should at the very least kick the tires.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I dont' see anything wrong with bringing him in and signing him to a reasonable 1 yr deal or whatever like that. You never know what he can bring to the table.

Having said that, we haven't seemed to experience much luck with other teams "leftovers"

rNemesis is offline Registered User

ttttLkkikkkii

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I would work him out, providing he fits in our system (whatever that is these days) and make sure he's healthy. He cannot be much worse than what we putting out there. If nothing else maybe he brings some leadership and spirit, something we sorely lack right now.

Go Rams!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I googled Chris Harris because I didn't know who he was

Maybe we can bring him in to play OLB

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Systemlangstaff View Post
    The bears dropped him after his request to be traded per ESPN, should we make a deal for him or will it cost too much? I know he's a pretty big hitter.
    What for ? Heck, we've still got James Butler haven't we? What else is there that we could possibily need?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

A couple of stories on Harris and the Bears. Sounds like a soap opera:

Bears release veteran safety Chris Harris

By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter
    October 27, 2011

The Chicago Bears have parted ways with veteran strong safety Chris Harris.

Multiple sources told the Tribune that Harris was released Thursday morning. He started in the Bears' 24-18 victory over Tampa Bay in London with Major Wright nursing a hip injury.

Harris told the Tribune he did not ask to be released, and later told "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on WMVP-AM 1000 that he didn't know why he was let go. Harris said he was notified of his release by coach Lovie Smith and was told that the team wanted to go younger at the safety position.

Harris said in the radio interview that he was healthy and hoped to hook on with another NFL team. Harris also said he didn't believe his release was related to his Twitter activity, which included one tweet that questioned whether everyone associated with the Bears was being held accountable for the team's struggles.

"I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason," Harris said. "I'm going to keep moving on. There's nothing that can happen to me that can get my spirits down."

The Bears announced the news via a release after Harris had confirmed it via two tweets on his Twitter account (@ChrisHarrisNFL).

"I was just released this morning by the Bears," Harris tweeted. "Thank u for the opp to play football n do what I luv. I'm looking toward my next venture.

"This Business known as the #NFL is a strange one. Chicago I want to thank u for all the luv u have shown me over the yrs. u will b missed

Harris was benched after a poor performance in a Monday night loss to the Lions and was inactive for he following game against the Vikings. He then asked permission to seek a trade, and the Bears granted the request. But Harris decided to finish the season with the Bears after talking with management.
    Harris' release: personnel or personal?

Steve Rosenbloom
    October 27, 2011

Chris Harris hasn’t played particularly well this season. Notably, he has been beaten deep and been beaten when biting on moves like a rookie.

And so, the Bears released Harris was released this morning, completing a recent slide from starter to second string to inactive to asking for a trade. Performance put him on the street, the Bears likely will contend.

But I’m not sure it’s totally that. We’re talking safety and we’re talking about Lovie Smith. The Bears head coach considers the position so important every year, but yet comes up so wrong every year that the Bears change them every year and draft at least one every year.

The defensive-oriented Smith also comes off at times as rather defensive when he believes his decisions, authority and leadership are being questioned, and that goes for players, not just the media.

Recall that in the middle of his descent from starter to street clothes, Harris tweeted that he was all for accountability as long as accountability went for everybody. Harris didn’t name names. It wasn’t a kill shot on, say, Smith or defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, but it was probably Harris’ best hit of the season.

That’s why it it wouldn’t surprise me if his release came about, at least in part, because the head coach or some people at Halas Hall have, um, rouge derrieres and can exact revenge pretty good.

A couple days after Smith benched Harris, his explanation included “I as head football coach felt like I knew what Chris could do.’’ That’s code for “I know what Chris cannot do.’’

That’s also code for a guy who feels insecure enough even as head coach to reiterate that he’s the head coach, just in case you forgot he’s the head coach, and how could you forget he’s the head coach?

Smith’s wagging the big verbal finger at the media when he ran out Ron Rivera as defensive coordinator. That was the lecture about trusting him as the head coach to do the right thing for the team. Yes. Well. Rivera oversaw a unit that went to the Super Bowl, something that Smith has yet to repeat.

Back to this week, Harris dropped an interception and got suckered on a touchdown in Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay. You could cut a guy for that. Thing is, Brandon Meriweather is dirty and bad, and yet he’s still a Bear.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Smith is wrong about the safety position again. It also wouldn’t surprise me if this move was a bit personal. But a head coach can do those kinds of things and can do them exactly that way, if he so chooses, and Smith is the head coach of the Bears, in case you forgot.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

In a word: No!
    If you've been following the Bears games, you will see why he was benched & eventually cut. For those who haven't watched the Bears games simply imagine our very own D. Stewart in a Bears jersey....his play has been that bad.

As I've said before: THERE IS A REASON TEAMS LET PLAYERS GO, AND USUALLY IT IS NOT BECAUSE THE PLAYER IS PLAYING WELL!!!!