jesseram Guest

Should the rams trade up

This is going to be a big question on draft day for the rams on draft day. Should they trade up for somone like Gaines adams or jamall anderson or even a alan branch what do you guys think?

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Should the rams trade up

NOT ALAN BRANCH!!!

I would take Tank Tyler before him. It is worth the risk to trade up to get Adams or Anderson. However, I don't see us doing that. If we trade up, it would probably be 3 spots to select Okoye.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I may trade down and try to draft 3 DT's later. With our track record of EXCELLENT picks at DT recently, the more we select the more we have a chance of maybe on sticking.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I like your philosophy TX. We should just clean house on the DTs we have now and draft 7 DTs this year.

rams2061 Guest

Jamall Anderson would be a perfect fit for the Rams.

jesseram Guest

well today they had on the nfl network who the rams should draft but i missed it did anyone catch that? Also i think branch is probably already gona be gone so i think the rams are really looking at jamaal anderson.

Country is offline Registered User

The Rams should move down and bring in as many guys as possible.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    The Rams should move down and bring in as many guys as possible.
    Instead of staying where we are and picking up a player that meets our need?

Or trading up for one of the top rated D-linemen?

Are you saying you think that potential depth is a more pressing need than a quality starter?

I'll say this-- the lower you are in the draft, the less talented prospects you'll find.

jesseram Guest

I defnitly agree with bar-bq even if there are more d-lineman in the late round i would rather have a quality guy who could make the probowl

Country is offline Registered User

I think with the recent signings to add depth to the secondary that the Rams are looking to move up by reducing their draft needs.

The Rams with the signing of Rumph, Walls and Draft have limited the draft needs to a starting DT and DE and LB depth.

I think they want to move on up.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jesseram View Post
    I defnitly agree with bar-bq even if there are more d-lineman in the late round i would rather have a quality guy who could make the probowl
    we have drafted d-lineman early in the draft and how many of them made the pro bowl ? i think we need a couple of guys who can split time and just do the job,which is something we don't have now, so if that means dropping down and picking up a couple of guys later then fine.

keith m. klink Guest

if we traded up, i would only do it for c. johnson. that would be way up, and only after the first two picks. to jump in front of tampa, if he is still there. i would consider ADAMS, if we moved up to the 7th spot if he was there. but noone else. i really have to say, i go with some of the other guy's as well and trade down, i see some good talent on the line later on . i'd trade down, and see if carreker or meachum would be around, even willis.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

honestly other than okoye I would rather trade down, Okoye is one of the rare drafts IMO, just because he is a work aholic, if you look at his life story so far, he will be commited not lazy, not that I think any of the players in the draft could necessarly be that lazy, but he sounds like a perfectionist and thats what seperates the good from the bad at the pro level.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I don't think we should trade up or down in the first round and just grab the best D-lineman we can...whether that be Okoye, Carriker, Anderson or someone else. I think we should move up in the second or third round to grab more talented players.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    I don't think we should trade up or down in the first round and just grab the best D-lineman we can...whether that be Okoye, Carriker, Anderson or someone else. I think we should move up in the second or third round to grab more talented players.
    Assuming the guy we're targeting isn't available at pick 13?

A lot of teams have needs along the D-Line- Detroit, Arizona, Tampa, Washington, Minnesota, Miami, Atlanta, and San Franciso.

They All pick before us. I'm assuming there are 5 top 13 prospects, in that none of them will get by us.

Alan Branch
    Gaines Adams
    Jamaal Anderson
    Amobi Okoye
    Adam Carriker

Trading up might be the only way to get some consistency on the defensive front for years to come.