View Poll Results: Shoudl we bring back Bruce?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 73.33%
  • No

8 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    clarasDK is offline Registered User

Should we bring back Bruce?

Isaac Bruce might not be a part of the whiners plans for the comming season should we bring him back so that he can retire where he belongs?

I voted yes becaue I think he could be a good tutor for our young WR's. And because I cannot stand seeing him not being a Ram

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Should we bring back Bruce?

I voted yes as well. The great thing about Bruce is the fact that not only would it please fans simply because he's the Rev., but he will still be a valuable player, and more importantly a role model and a mentor for our young WRs. Especially since Torry Holt is gone, there's really no legendary teachers for Avery or Burton. Ellard is also gone, so I see nothing but positives bringing him back to where he belongs. I am still sickened with how he was cut...what, twice!?

With more cap money, and a reasonable great guy like Bruce, I don't see why this couldn't get done.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Milan is offline Registered User

No. We're trying to rebuild and get younger, bringing him back for nostalgic value is counter productive.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    No. We're trying to rebuild and get younger, bringing him back for nostalgic value is counter productive.
    what about a one year deal for cheap? IMO nostalgia is just a bonus, he can still produce and its not like we are deep at receiver. If Bruce wanted to finish up his career with the rams then he would sign for low and having him next to Avery and Burton could only help them develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I would sign him for a year and let him help develop the new guys as kind of a playing WR coach.

I totally agree that we are in rebuilding mode and should look out for young players who can come in with the energy to fire this team up and change our mentality into a winning mentality.

But young guys also needs veterans to learn from, players who have been there and done that. Bruce is such a player and I am sure he would work hard every trainings session and every game!

What the hell with Bruce back Holt might even want to come back on a one year deal :P There does not seem to be many other teams who wants him

bigredman is offline Registered User

It was clear that Holt gave up on his teammates last year, watching out for his health and making noise of the disgruntled player wanting out of town at the end of the year. Bruce burned his bridges after leaving the team as well. What exactly would either of these guys show our new receivers? How to be a punk?
    Last edited by bigredman; -03-15-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A-Web is offline Registered User

Umm Red? He didn't say Holt. He was talking about Bruce. I am confused and "Mind-bottled" by your comment for some reason. "When in Rome..."

bigredman is offline Registered User

I mentioned Bruce as well. Two peas in a pod as far as I am concerned. These two yahoos owed a great deal to the Rams. They were both paid well and received a lot of attention and fame as being part of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and an offensive philosophy that was pass first, pass second, and maybe run. Bruce signed with the whiners in pure spite, and Holt did the same by putting the kibosh on the Titan deal and his play last year. They're not Rams anymore, and I don't want them back.
    Last edited by bigredman; -03-15-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I voted no as to having Bruce back as well, but that isn't what confused me.

Isaac Bruce WANTED to stay in St. Louis. He told them he had plenty left in his tank, but they weren't willing to bend one ounce for him on it. He didn't demand to be released, so your comments in my opinion were slightly off key. As for Holt, if your opinion stands that way, I can completely understand. We all have our different feelings for his departure, but what hit me sore with Holt was his request to be released, and prior to that the fact that he had stated he wanted to retire somewhere else.

How can you play for a team your whole career, and then want to retire somewhere else?

Not to be condescending, just didn't think you were being fair to the situation as to how Bruce left the team. Yes he signed with the *****, but at the time, he had roots in San Fran in Martz, and Martz probably assured him he would play and get touches. That goes a long way when you're trying to prove to the world you can still hang with the rest. Any other team might have just put him on a roster as a 4th man. Ya know?

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    It was clear that Holt gave up on his teammates last year, watching out for his health and making noise of the disgruntled player wanting out of town at the end of the year. Bruce burned his bridges after leaving the team as well. What exactly would either of these guys show our new receivers? How to be a punk?
    exactly my thoughts see my rant about Torry's attitude in RAM TALK... Class act my arsss

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I mentioned Bruce as well. Two peas in a pod as far as I am concerned. These two yahoos owed a great deal to the Rams. They were both paid well and received a lot of attention and fame as being part of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and an offensive philosophy that was pass first, pass second, and maybe run. Bruce signed with the whiners in pure spite, and Holt did the same when by putting the kibosh on the Titan deal and his play last year. They're not Rams anymore, and I don't want them back.
    I think Bruce was as surprised as the rest of us when the Rams cut him. I do not have any bad feelings about him for signing with the Whiners. I don't hate Warner for playing for the Cardinals either. What ever beef Bruce might have with the Rams for being cut should be gone now as we have changed almost everything in the organisation, so I think it would be a golden opportunity for him to end his carreer in the city where he belong. And a golden opportunity for our young players to learn from the best.

Holt has hurt his fan loyalty wih the Rams fans lately with the titans trade rumors, but still I think he has not been overly iloyal to the team (or fans). Nobody can have bad feelings for a player if they do not want to restructure their contracts at the end of the day they are playing on terms they and the team agreed on. If Holt think he is worth the money on his current contract fair enough that is his opinion. I also understand him wanting to be released as soon as possible when it was clear that he and the Rams where going their seperate ways. The earlier a player hits the FA marked the better is the chance that they will get a good contract. I do not think Holt played bad on purpose last year just to get cut, he was a part of a team playing bad and not the main reason for it.

Personaly I have not bad blood towards neither Bruce nor Holt, both will for me always be some of the greatest Rams players ever who gave their best years for us (and offcourse where paid for it). Together with Faulk, Warner and Pace they where the reasons for me becomming a Rams fan a thing that I will always own them thanks for!

No problem Red, haha. I think we're all hurtin', and all we can do is hope that Spags can be the doctor we need right now. If he sticks to his methods, and focuses on the task at hand, I think we have the right guy in place now.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

While true that we're trying to get younger, we also want the younger players to be able learn as quickly as possible. While yes, Bruce did leave and sign with the whiners in spite, it wasn't for lack of trying to stay with the Rams. Add in the fact that he's one of the best receivers in the history of the game, I think there's a lot that he could do as a #2.5 option in our offense. I say #2.5, as I would like to think that he'd at least be spliting starting time with Burton by the end of the season.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    IIsaac Bruce WANTED to stay in St. Louis. He told them he had plenty left in his tank, but they weren't willing to bend one ounce for him on it. He didn't demand to be released, so your comments in my opinion were slightly off key.
    I agree. When the Rams needed a favor, Bruce was willing to re-negotiate his contract to help the team and have the opportunity to retire a Ram. The Rams OWED him, but instead of honoring the contract, they wanted him to re-negotiate AGAIN. Forget about the fact that he had been a stand up guy, always willing to help the team and had already made the sacrifice contractually, he was arguably the teams best receiver with plenty more to give.

As far taking him back, I'd do it in a second, but sadly, I just don't see it happeneing. I'd love to be wrong about that.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree. When the Rams needed a favor, Bruce was willing to re-negotiate his contract to help the team and have the opportunity to retire a Ram. The Rams OWED him, but instead of honoring the contract, they wanted him to re-negotiate AGAIN. Forget about the fact that he had been a stand up guy, always willing to help the team and had already made the sacrifice contractually, he was arguably the teams best receiver with plenty more to give.

As far taking him back, I'd do it in a second, but sadly, I just don't see it happeneing. I'd love to be wrong about that.
    I agree with everything you said Mike, Bruce is welcomed back if he wants,but BRM who I usually agree with is way off base,I will just chalk it up to St. Pattys Weekend and the fact that the Irish Mist must be flowing because Isaac Bruce is alot of things but PUNK is not one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast