Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    djdeeznutz Guest

Re: Should we consider Michael Crabtree?

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    Well many mocks drafts have Monroe as the second best right after Smith. Oher seems so have fallen down many boards and I have read that many thinks he would do better as a guard then a tackle. But as mentioned earlier it is hart to follow college games from Denmark so in many cases I can only relate what I read in mock drafts and so forth.

Listen to me Monroe just seem line a Lineman that will go mid 1st so why should the rams reach and take him 2nd. Also Oher would also be a reach here.

The point im trying to make is why settle for another OL if smith is gone?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Listen to me Monroe just seem line a Lineman that will go mid 1st so why should the rams reach and take him 2nd. Also Oher would also be a reach here.

The point im trying to make is why settle for another OL if smith is gone?

Because our O line is the worst in the NFL and if we don't fix it we will be in the same position in 2009 as we were last year?

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Because our O line is the worst in the NFL and if we don't fix it we will be in the same position in 2009 as we were last year?

Yea our o-line is horrible but we can always address that with the 2nd round pick. Most likely a Guard or Center like Alex Mack or Max Unger.

I think everyone is forgeting both Pace and Barron have 1 year left on both of there contracts. If the Rams dont cut him then we will end up paying $1,232,500 to a bench player next year.

lol this forum is becoming a which O-lineman should we pick instead of a Micheal Crabtree one.

Actually, rumor has it Pace will probably be released. This is a talented OL draft at the top, why not take advantage of that?

Crabtree is special, has TO skills and not TO's head. It wouldn't bother me to take Crabtree at 2 but it would make more sense to take an O lineman at this selection.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Actually, rumor has it Pace will probably be released. This is a talented OL draft at the top, why not take advantage of that?

Crabtree is special, has TO skills and not TO's head. It wouldn't bother me to take Crabtree at 2 but it would make more sense to take an O lineman at this selection.
    What about drafting a talented RT in the 2nd round. Release Pace if needed and move Barron to LT. Use your later picks and free agency to draft a guard, safety, center, and a linebacker.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

No I would be content with giving our WR's Avery, Burton, Stanley, Looker, and Bennett a chance next year if we have Steven Jackson at RB and we get a new starting MLB, C, NT, OT, CB, SS, FB, and resign Bartell and Atogwe. It seems like we have been painfully crying to solve those positions for years. We need to solve those before we address WR.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

If the Rams wished to go a skills position over a lineman, I'd take Aaron Curry over Michael Crabtree, as of right now. To answer your question, sure Crabtree will receive consideration depending on his combine numbers and workouts, which the same goes for Curry. It's to early to tell whether the Rams could be seriously looking at Crabtree.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'd like to see what we can get in free agency and also find out who the Lions pick to see if we should take Crabtree or Smith. If Smith is gone, I'd be hardpressed to say no to Crabtree, but I think given our offensive line, and if Smith is available, I'd say take Smith. Again, it's tough to say because we don't really know for a fact if certain positions will be addressed via free agency. A lot of people are talking MLB, but if we find one in FA, we'll be ok...
    Last edited by Varg6; -01-25-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I don't really see what the hype about Smith is all about. This guy is a solid run blocker, but against the pass, this guy is mediocre. He will also be burned by speed rushers off the edge.

I really don't trust Barron to protect Bulger's blindside. Right now, I think Monroe and Oher are both better than Smith as an all around offensive tackle.

As eric2810 said, I think Curry would be a better pick here than Crabtree. I don't think Bennett is a bust. He was a solid receiver back in the day when he was in Tennessee, and Avery and Burton should progess after this season. Curry could be a DOMINANT force on our defense, considering that we just got Spags, and Flajole who was a good linebackers coach.

If we were hardpressed to get a receiver, I think Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Ramses Barden would be good choice in rounds 2-4.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    WITH THE 2ND PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT HE ST. LOUIS RAMS SELECT:

eugene monroe???????????????

are u serious Monroe is not even a top 5 maybe not a top 10 Oher is way better then Monroe.
    In your opinion.

Oher's stock has been slipping lately and Monroe's is on the up. He was good enough to bump Brandon Albert, a pretty darn good college OL at Virginia, out of the tackle spot and into guard last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the second Cavaleir in a row to go number two overall to the Rams if his stock continues to rise.

There are enough concerns over Oher's ethics and Andre Smith's ethos that he may leapfrog them both. Baylor's Smith is a dark horse at this point but could well be a top 10 prospect, too.

In regard to Crabtree.... (And to quote my favourite television doctor).

"Absolutely not, no way, no how, not in this lifetime, no way, Jose, no chance, Lance.... and my all time personal favourite: Man falling off of a cliff-- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....poof!

Without time to throw, Crabtree would not see the ball. Hopefully we can get enough out of Bennett, Avery, Burton and (a restructured) Holt that we won't have to seriously address the position until after we have at least a semblance of an OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    What about drafting a talented RT in the 2nd round. Release Pace if needed and move Barron to LT. Use your later picks and free agency to draft a guard, safety, center, and a linebacker.
    That would be great too. This team needs so much help I don't think Obama would guarantee an electoral promise to fix.

rammiser is offline Registered User

If and its a big if we fix the o-line in free agency I would like to see the Rams take Crabtree. However I doubt that will happen so I beleive we either go defense or o-line with the 2nd pick. Those are two far bigger areas of need.
    Just Fix It

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I just wanted to add some observations done by a Danish football site (that is very serious and normally spot on in its articles).

Crabtree seems to have some off the field issues. Seems to be hanging around with a giant posse and showing a flashy lifestyle.

He should also be in contact with people like Pacman Jones, Deion Sanders og Michael Irvin. All people that might have character issues.

I would post the danish posts here but would probably not help any of you

This have been commented by Mike Mayock in a resent telefon interview he did with different media people. And by the Houston Chronical.

So he seems to have some off the field issues and that would for me be a big minuse for him. We do not need off the field distractions.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-11-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Links aren't allowed, and that one isn't even in English

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I just wanted to add some observations done by a Danish football site (that is very serious and normally spot on in its articles).

Crabtree seems to have some off the field issues. Seems to be hanging around with a giant posse and showing a flashy lifestyle.

He should also be in contact with people like Pacman Jones, Deion Sanders og Michael Irvin. All people that might have character issues.

I would post the danish posts here but would probably not help any of you

This have been commented by Mike Mayock in a resent telefon interview he did with different media people. And by the Houston Chronical.

So he seems to have some off the field issues and that would for me be a big minuse for him. We do not need off the field distractions.
    I have no clue how to react to this????

Is it a joke????
    Last edited by Nick; -02-11-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Editing out his link

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I have no clue how to react to this????

Is it a joke????
    Why should it be a joke? I am just reporting what I read on a danish site that Crabtree might have potential for off the field issues. Thats all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast