Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Should we be interested in Stevie Johnson?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Should we be interested in Stevie Johnson?

I don't know if the Rams have any interest but he's a guy I think could obviously help us. Yes he's a bit of a diva but he's younger than nearly all the other top receivers and will probably come cheaper than most of them as well. Besides that he's been a consistent producer who still has plenty of upside.

As a Western New Yorker I've watched a lot of Johnson and one of his biggest strengths is his ability to consistently get separation. Even against elite corners, like Revis, he was able to get separation over and over again. Obviously this is something we had huge trouble with last year and getting a receiver who will put up 1,000 yards 8-10 tds and who will get consistently open would be a huge plus.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Should we be interested in Stevie Johnson?

The Bills have a lot of people to sign, and limited cap room, but I'm figuring that re-signing him will be one of their priorities. I don't think that they'll franchise him if it comes to that, however.

But, as being one of the better available WR's, he's going to want a large contract, and one that he very possibly will not live up to. If he reaches the free market, I'd say he'll get the 3rd largest contract, as I think someone will pay him less than the two Jacksons, but more than Bowe or Colston, because as you said, on a team devoid of weapons, he was fairly consistent.

What worries me about him is that in addition to just his diva attitude, he also tends to have streaks of not thinking, such as the Jets game when he made fun of Plax and then Holmes as well. I'm glad that there are a lot of FA WR's out this year and I hope it drives down the price a bit, but I think Johnson's looking to score big. I'd rather get Bowe, Colston, or Meachem.
    mde8352gorams likes this.
    I believe!

richtree is offline Registered User

The short answer is no.....he is wanted the money of the Colston and Bowe's but isn't that level.

His value is only that high in Buffalo. We need a WR that can block for the run game and be a football player...

Fisher will make it work

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Depending on the contract, I'd love the signing...

Though I would obviously rate him behind Vjax, bowe and colston.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I heard Bills are pretty much going to resign him. If not at the very least, franchise tag him

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

It appears he's a diva, and based on his Plaxico imitation a bonehead too. Plus in 2010 he dropped a game winning pass against the Steelers. I think the Rams should pass on him. I would rather resign B. Lloyd and draft J. Blackmon.

Go Rams!

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

he also scored on revis and had 100+ yards...

Judaxi is offline Registered User

To be honest both Johnson and Bowe are knuckleheads. Neither live up to their potential, and both players are soft. I don't think I could justify paying either of them the contract they will get. If it isn't Vjax or Colston I don't want a top level free agent WR this year.

Johnblaze is offline Registered User

Is he the same steve Johnson that went to Kentucky and came out of college the same year as Keenan Burton?
    I've been wondering this for a while now and I'm sure one of my fellow clannies can answer it..

But to get back on topic, I would rather pass on him. Too many dropped passes and we have enough current recievers who do that. And like stated before he's a knucklehead..

I'd much rather draft blackmon and resign lloyd...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Johnblaze View Post
    Is he the same steve Johnson that went to Kentucky and came out of college the same year as Keenan Burton?
    I've been wondering this for a while now and I'm sure one of my fellow clannies can answer it..

But to get back on topic, I would rather pass on him. Too many dropped passes and we have enough current recievers who do that. And like stated before he's a knucklehead..

Yes its that same Stevie Johnson. I'd be interested at the right price.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I would LOVE to sign this guy I know he's young and made a couple mistakes but other than the TD celebrations what has he done wrong?
    Last edited by lostsoul; -02-08-2012 at 02:12 AM.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Id much prefer SJ13 over BLloyd. As much as I love BLloyd, I'll take the 26 year old over the 31 year old any day of the week when in my opinion their talent levels are the same.

He's 5 years younger, and is AS good as him, with unreached potential.
    lostsoul likes this.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

One unfortunate day last week(?) I was listening to the Jim Rome show (not a fan, but he's on after Dan Patrick), and Stevie Johnson was his guest. In summary he said that as a young player he felt like he needed to make a name for himself and attract attention by performing these celebrations. He said now that people know who he is he is now focused on becoming an elite football player, and plans on reducing the antics. Rome said he liked the celebrations and he didn't want him to change who he is, but agreed that you don't want to become a clown. Basically it sounded like he is maturing, of course that could have just been a nice little story he and his agent came up with...
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -02-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I really like this guy. I hope we get him. He was a host on NFL network last year (prior to the CBA being signed I think) he is a very intelligent guy. I did not get the Diva feel from him although maybe a little flamboyant, which is certainly different. I would take this guy over Bowe who is completely inconsistent. Colston will probably be too high a price and VJax is potentially a nightmare in the locker room.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Johnblaze View Post

yes he's dropped passes but unlike any of our receiver he gets open and he gets open alot and I'm not talking against just mediocre receivers. He consistently got separation from Revis and other great corners. If it came down to him or Lloyd I'd rather take Johnson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast