Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sidney Rice?

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Sidney Rice?

Was just watching sports center, and Mike Golic mentioned the Rams as a possibility for Sidney Rice this free agency. Any info on this?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sidney Rice?

I think he was just repeating speculation expressed by John Clayton.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the most likely FAs (other than Mark Clayton) that the Rams will be contacting are Barry Cofield, Brandon Mebane, Darren Spoles, Davin Joseph, Reggie Bush, Eric Weddle, James Anderson and Quintin Mickell. Of course, that's just my own speculation. I have no "inside information" whatsoever.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I would love to see the front office go after Mikell. Our safeties need help.
    lostsoul and Ram Mar Ram like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Sidney Rice is prob out of it with all the injury concerns and will be overpaid due to many teams need to spend to reach the 90% threshhold...Clayton will be the final WR added and our money will go to other positions

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Sidney Rice is prob out of it with all the injury concerns and will be overpaid due to many teams need to spend to reach the 90% threshhold...Clayton will be the final WR added and our money will go to other positions
    And that's the way it should be done. Build the foundation, flush out the problems, fill the holes, and then go for the superstars.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

James Anderson would be an excellent choice, but let's not forget about Rocky McIntosh. When Anderson is off the list I think this guy vaults to the top of the available OLBs.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

But the question is if we do pick up Sidney Rice or another Big name WR in FA does that mean that we will not resign Mark Clayton? been pondering this....

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I don't like the thinking that we are set at the WR position. We have, at best, unproven talent and three potential starters coming off serious knee injuries. The Rams are a little bad luck away from having the worst WR corps in the NFL, two years (or more) running. They desperately need a proven veteran. Im not saying its Sidney Rice, but I definately wouldn't sit on what we have and simply hope for the best. How quickly some of us forget.

There are a few options out there that would represent a massive upgrade, and I have no doubt the front office will be seriously considering them.

DHawkins Guest

I personally believe no transactions are going to be made at the WR position. The fact is that we have major issues elsewhere and are returning 2 players that we didnt have last year (avery and clayton). Also, McDaniels seems to have a knack for taking a mediocre talent and having them produce (Lloyd). I personally see us getting a guard, rb, olb or two, and a safety and none of them being high profile. If we do get a high profile player I see it being a running back with some name recognition like Reggie Bush or Williams. This is all pure speculation though. Speculation is fun.

Just happened:

ESPN's John Clayton reported on Sports Center that the Rams have joined the competition for free agent Sidney Rice.
    chucknbob likes this.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Just happened:

ESPN's John Clayton reported on Sports Center that the Rams have joined the competition for free agent Sidney Rice.
    Whoa. Did not see that coming.

My feeling from the Rice talk is that he wants to only be a Ram or Viking. He used the Seattle physical to step up pricing from the Rams and Vikings...

Redskins, Bears, and Browns also lurking....

Rice is hesitant to sign long term with Seattle or Minn because of QB situation for future......Bears & Rams could get him if they pay as much as Seattle....

Rice rather turf....hoping for Rams or Vikings

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Would the Rams want to put all that money into an injury prone WR,? We will see soon enough. ? On talent alone, he just makes plays when he is on the field.! It could be a risky move by the Rams, but one they feel could pay off.? COME ON RAMS- You got to admit fans-The Rams receivers are pretty poor?????????????????????????

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Doesn't say much for Tarvaris Jackson if Rice is resisting a deal from The Hags over the QB situation there, does it? Talk about an insider's thumbs down ! Poor old Carroll probably had to go out to the parking lot & dunk on some 5th graders to make himself feel good after getting beeyatch-slapped by Leinart snubbing him & now this. Awwwwwwww....hehehe.
    lostsoul likes this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

It wouldn't surprise me if we went after a big name offensive player, weather it is Rice, Bush, or someone else. Bottom line is that Jackson is carrying the rock until a receiver can step up and take pressure off of him. If we can't get someone to throw to, I think we'll get another RB to help keep Jackson fresh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast