Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Re: TO signs one year deal with Bills...

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    On what basis do you conclude that he would have helped burton and avery develop?

general counsel

On what basis do you conclude he WOULDNT have helped them develop?? There is ZERO evidence that supports that either.

This could have gone either way, period. The TO getting cut drama came and went, its over now, we should talk about it again in a year
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -03-08-2009 at 05:27 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

The evidence that he wont be a positive influence on young receivers is that he never has been a positive influence on young receivers anywhere he has been during his career. At this point in his career, there is no reason to believe that is going to change. Past performance is the best predictor of future performance. Show me one article anywhere that suggests that TO has done a good job mentoring young receivers anywhere he has ever been. Sulking on the sideline? Yelling at his qb and his coaches. Being critical of his qb in the media. Which of those types of behavior is a good influence on young receivers? That is my evidence.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Your right, he has not been a good influence. At the same time, arguing something that I never brought up at all is insulting my point entirely. Your asking for an article about what? Morale and Integrity? Show me his stats that say he hasnt improved the receiving game wherever he's been. Did I want TO on the team for a year or two?hell yes. Did I want his future with the Rams to be long term? No. Were arguing 2 different points here. Getting him on the team for 1 year wouldve been a win/win situation. Relying on another player to influence and mentor other players? TO would have been brought here to play not coach. Recognizing he is a cancer is the obvious, assuming his skill and talent wouldnt have helped the team is just dumb.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am not "insulting" your point, only disagreeing with it. I respect your view to have a point and i am entitled to disagree with it. You made the point that having TO would (i) help develop burton and avery and (ii) would be a win win for everyone.

I disagree with both statements for all the reasons i set out. Typically, when one makes a assertion, one is willing to provide evidence for it. Thus, your assertion that TO would help burton and avery develop is something i asked you for evidence of, evidence, for example, in the form of some kind of article stating that he has been a positive influence on young receivers somewhere else. I dont think that evidence exists and i cited many reasons (as you asked for) why he has a lousy influence on young players. Can you think of a single young receiver that developed positively during the time TO was on the team. Again, no one questions his ability, but if performs individually and has an adverse impact on the rest of the team (ie a distraction) that is NOT a win win. With TO, its the same old story, WIN for him is defined as his personal achievements.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This is clearly a cash grab...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Funny how a post about a guy signing with another team that has nothing to do with us is going on for so long.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Funny how a post about a guy signing with another team that has nothing to do with us is going on for so long.

It's because we all love T.O.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

TO better draw them in Toronto, don't think he will mentor any young recievers there either. I agree TO had indvidual achievements, but I don't admire him as much as I do Rice, Bruce, Holt etc. HOF WR's don't whine about not recieving the ball, they just work harder. Hope he freeze's his arse off LOL.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This mentoring thing in the NFL is waaaaaayyyyyyy overblown. I don't think it goes on much at all.

Think about it, why would you want to mentor someone who in the next year or two could take your money?

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

TX I appreciate you view point, but you don't win SB's by not bringing your teammates up to the same level as you. All the great players left something for the teams to build on. Marshall was a prime example on how to lead.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I tend to disagree. If Marshall did mentor SJax, where in the heck is his picking up the blitz ability?

I don't think mentoring is done as much as we fans think it's done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123