Yes, for 7 years the Rams were once again the worst team in the NFL, a title they had held before for extended periods.

But they turned it around before, as teams do in the NFL, in a big way for Dick Vermeil's Rams.

A big part of the turnaround was that Vermeil changed the entire environment at Rams Park, down to the lowest level employee. It was all about the past having no meaning to his club, and that positivity and hard work and character would rule from now on.

That positivity was kind of a joke among fans on the Internet, the first two years he was here.

In the end, it's no surprise Vermeil knew what he was doing.

I see Jeff Fisher the same way, rebuilding a team to win , win big, and keep winning year after year. I look back at his first two years, and the talent that will be added to an already good young team, and I know in my heart this team won't be called the worst anything for quite awhile.

In fact, knowig what a difference experience makes for players going from rookies to sophomores, from those second year guys to third and then fourth and fifth year veterans, with the progression in effectiveness the most in the first three years.

Sure, injuries can turn a good season bad, though I see Fisher keeping his team hanging in no matter what, as he did this year.

Considering the youth, the total start over under Fisher and Snead, with almost nothing to build upon other than a QB, a MLB, and a couple defensive ends, and tough schedules, being at least close to .500 in a league of decent, not good teams is a big climb for the Rams.

I believe with a regular schedule this year, and Bradford not hurt, this was a 9-7 or 10-6 team, probably missing post season, but cer tainly a team to recon with in 2014.

Were they as good as Seattle , or the Niners ? No, but now it appears no other NFC team was either.

Right now, the Rams are good enough to beat the bottom 25 teams in the NFL regularly.

They beat up on Indy and New Orleans without Bradford and other star players.

Step one now is to catch Seattle and the Niners, no easy task, but no team stays at it's peak long, and seasons can get ruined there too by njury and a tough slate.

The Niners lost some receivers and Aldebn Smith for awhile this year, but imagine if they lost THEIR QB, or Frank Gore for half a season or more.

And if Seattle lost Wilson or Lynch, or Sherman or Thomas, I bet they woukld suffer too.

So how do the Rams beat those two division foes, at least split their series?

1. They have already shown they can stop Kaepernick and Wilson and their RBs at times, but they must do that all the time.

2. When they do get beat by those offenses, it's big plays, long passes, long runs, so beefing up the secondary seems a huge must. They need bigger, tougher guys back there now, including one that has some experience as a starter.

3. To beat those teams, they must take advantage of where they can be better than those two; in the passing game, where they have the best PASSING Qb in the division still.
They have to somehow run the all as well. ALL that means stopping the lines of those two teams from getting to Bradford and stuffing the run.

Those two defenses are built on speed and toughness, but a bigger team might be able to create some running room.

The key for the Rams isn't ONLY beating those two NFC best teams, except in the playoffs, because they could lose both times to them and still go 12-4. The key is winning all the other games, against teams they should beat.

I think very soon, this team has a good chance to be on the level t he Niners and Seahawks have attained, and their coaches did have a couple years head start on Fisher.

They have done enough, and shown proficiency in the draft, to make having a positive outlook, not just the usual hope springs eternal mantra of fans, the obvious choice over more gloom and doom prophesy from some who really seem to have a love/hate thing with the Rams or certain players each and every year, even when they win.

Hopefully none reside here.