View Poll Results: Do you want the Rams to sign Michael Vick this offseason?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 48.98%
  • No

100 51.02%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

Bernie, we've been over this before.

This is ClanRam, not Bernie's Pressbox.

You' can't ban anybody here.

That said, TH, I think you hurt Bernie's feelings. He is very sensitive and does not like being called a liar.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That said, TH, I think you hurt Bernie's feelings. He is very sensitive and does not like being called a liar.
    Whoops..I called a liar a liar...

My bad let me apologize.

I know how many of you say the only ESPN analyst you listen to is Adam Schefter so here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBg2IfylBAA

In this clip Adam Schefter calls Michael Vick a "logical fit" for St. Louis due to the familiarity between St. Louis and Phillys offense. Also he talks of Billy Deveney and Michael Vick knowing each other previously.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I know how many of you say the only ESPN analyst you listen to is Adam Schefter so here:

In this clip Adam Schefter calls Michael Vick a "logical fit" for St. Louis due to the familiarity between St. Louis and Phillys offense. Also he talks of Billy Deveney and Michael Vick knowing each other previously.
    I note you omitted the qualifying "could be" and that the Eagles would be looking to trade Vick first.

I do not want the Rams to trade anything for Vick.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Yes. I am calling the fake BernieM a liar. If it were the real BernieM who would maybe have a chance at being able to contact Michael Vick, he would post it on STLToday.com...the site/newspaper that he actually gets paid to write for over some forum. So yes the person who doesn't get paid to write on here (The Fake BernieM) has no connections to Michael Vick or his number so therefore he didn't talk to Michael Vick. Just a fan on here who doesn't want M. Vick
    This whole conversation reminds me of that 8th-grader last year who tried passing himself off as Billy Devaney...even registered under that name. Man, did a lot of people have fun laughing at him. I bet that poor sap is still stuck in 8th grade, getting beat up every day for his lunch money...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Its a logical fit if you look at the schemes and the QB situation for the Rams, and the fact the Rams had trouble scoring. But just because it seems ilke something that could happen, which is all Schefter is saying, doesnt mean it will be something that will happen.

Billy Devaney and Mike Vick have known each other previously. Well Billy Devaney and Mike Vick probably know a lot of people. It doesnt mean they like each other. Also, i have a lot of people i am friends with and who i keep in contact with. But that doesnt mean i want to work with them. Knowing those people means i know what they are like, and just because i like them doesnt mean that they will be a good fit where i work.

Mike Vick also knows Arthur Blank. Do you think that means he is likely to play at the Falcons again?

I think our STL reporters are starting to here things about Vick, because last week in Jim Thomas's chat every question asked about Vick he shot down saying "It makes no sense". "I don't see us going that route".

Now today in Jim Thomas's chat he was posed these questions about Vick and here are the answers:

Q1:
    JD Clark: JIM,

I've heard that Philly will turn their roster over in the offseason, and if so, will the Rams be interested in those players? Kevin Curtis? Vick? McNabb?, etc. Also, do you think the Rams will trade draft picks for players or do they value them too much?

Thank you,

JD
    Jim Thomas: Since Spags spent so many years with the Eagles, their roster also bears watching. I think there has been some discussion of Vick. I guess it's possible the Rams would give up picks for the right player, particularly if it's an uncapped year, meaning there are many more restricted free agents than usual.
    Q2:
    4thandJuan: Jim,

A year ago, Chip Rosenbloom was adamant about not having Michael Vick on the Rams. Why, all of a sudden, is there so much chatter about Vick coming to St. Louis? Has Rosenbloom changed his mind?
    Jim Thomas: Geez, you'll have to refresh my memory on that one. I don't recall Rosenbloom coming out adamantly against Vick. Even if that was the case, I'll answer it this way: Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Q3: Rob Williams: Hey Jim. Are you aware if the Rams are looking at a trade for any of the Eagles' three QBs? Personally, I'm hoping Vick isn't a consideration but, McNabb or Kolb, given Schurmer's connection and running the same offense...
    Jim Thomas: To my knowledge, Andy Reid seems pretty adamant about McNabb coming back. Kolb still looks like the Eagles' QB of the future. So that, uh, leaves Vick.
    Q4:
    Rick: Do you think the Rams will seriously look at Michael Vick if he becomes available?
    Jim Thomas: I'm thinking yes.
    Q5:
    celtic warrior: Can the Cards go to the superbowel and win? Is there a possibility to bring Vick or one of the Philly QB's to St. Louis?
    Jim Thomas: Yes to both questions. And with that I must go for the day. Talk to you all next week.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -01-13-2010 at 02:16 AM.

TheRammer Guest

LMAO THOLTFAN YOU got more negative points than me now dam me from my absence you took the lead! we'll see about that sucka! oh and you should give bernie a hug....

plus i cant believe this thread is still going lol

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think our STL reporters are starting to here things about Vick, because last week in Jim Thomas's chat every question asked about Vick he shot down saying "It makes no sense". "I don't see us going that route".

Now today in Jim Thomas's chat he was posed these questions about Vick and here are the answers:
    They are just covering themselves in case the Rams do sign Vick, so that they can say "i told you so"
    its a classic sportswriter move.

I doubt anyone who has any say in the Rams organisation is talking to reporters about any potential acquisition, especially since they are still under contract with other teams. Also, since right now Vick can only be had in a trade, the Rams would be foolish to show interest, since it would lead Philly to hold on to him in an effort to get a draft pick.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I'd want Kolb. (i know, i know, not the question)