throwback week

View Poll Results: Do you want the Rams to sign Michael Vick this offseason?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 48.98%
  • No

100 51.02%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    TheRammer Guest

Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Great poll amigo.
    Personally, I think a "Don't know yet" would be a welcomed, additional choice to vote on. I'm curious to see what MV makes of his football future based on his personal experiences of these past few years.

RFSam made an excellent point in that the older one is, the less likely one would want Vik in Rams uniform. True. I myself was adamant and upset early this year even about the faint possibility that this player would / could join us.

But again, I'm willing to see how MV Part III plays out (Part I: NFL Rookie "sensation" QB; Part II: ['bau-wau' / 'woof!']; Part III??? [work in progress. I think.]).

This is the reason I love coming onto the forums and reading other peoples opinions. There are some other people out there that make great, sound posts that I have not yet thought of that get me thinking ....

I'm a Vick fan to a certain point as to want him to stay the course that he has recently chosen for himself and keep improving himself from within as a person and if next offseason he's at the point where he can help our Franchise in someway and the people who actually get paid to make our team decisions decide "Why not give him a shot?" I'd support it...

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

at first i was leaning towards it, but as i stand now...no. He's not a great QB, and his legs arent even as good as they were before. The rams need a guy whos going to be here for years or teach the young guys like null or a draftee how to be a quarterback and a leader. Vick fits none of those roles so its time to can this

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I would love to see Vick here, He's not really 31 in football years he's more like 27, 28 cause he hasn't taken the punishment being out of the league a couple years.
    That's great news. I'm 35, and have never played an NFL down; therefore, I'm only 22 in football years. Guess I better grab my helmet.

Vick has one, and that is exactly ONE, asset.......his speed. He's not a QB. He's a scat back who takes snaps. Sitting out two years is not going to keep his speed on hold. Biologically, he started going down hill 2 or 3 years ago. Taking time off is not going to stop that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I dont know why not kyle orton. The man has done nothing but win since he has been in the game. Not the best passer but adequate. More of a game manager that can get it done when it needs to be done. With a strong running game like ours, he could lead us to a lot of good times.
    But can he train a good passer?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

If I could pick any QB that has been mentioned in this thread to start for this team, it would be Brodie Croyle. He has ALL the tools ...

Unfortunately, injuries have been an issue for him ...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I dont see why he would have to, Sign him to a three year deal and let our second round pick sit behind him. He is only 27, not exactly old. If he does do extremely well, resign him.
    A QB doesnt need to teach his backup for the backup to be good. As I understand it Favre wasnt exactly friendly with Rodgers, and ROdgers is turing our pretty good.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

id rather go down the Tebow road (outside of the 1st naturally) than the Vick road..least Tebow has the potential to grow into an NFL QB ..has unquestionable intangibles..great team first player..no character concerns etc...and thats coming from someone who thinks the chances of Tebow succeeding as an NFL QB are slimmer than a chinese stripper.
    Vick has shown nothing since his reinstatement to indicate that his skill set and supposed "turning over a new leaf" in a strong play off calibre team would translate to help turnaround what many believe is the worst team in the NFL.
    also i cant help but think his bad character issues would re-emerge when he`s outside of a well established and succesful NFL team that doesn`t have to depend upon him to win games.
    i believe he`s learnt his lessons regarding the dogs & other pet animal killings and im almost sure that he wont do anything to put himself back in the pen but i still have doubts over him changing his other detrimental to the team issues when the heat of playing on a struggling team bears down on him...its a whole lot easier to hold your composure on a winning team than a losing one...just ask Randy Moss about that.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    *Scratches head*

Isn't that the QB coach's job?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i believe he`s learnt his lessons regarding the dogs & other pet animal killings and im almost sure that he wont do anything to put himself back in the pen but i still have doubts over him changing his other detrimental to the team issues when the heat of playing on a struggling team bears down on him...its a whole lot easier to hold your composure on a winning team than a losing one...just ask Randy Moss about that.
    Wasn't Vick the one who flipped off booing fans a few years back? I can't remember right off....

On a more serious note, you touched on something worth commenting on, because it is important that people know about it. A lot of serial killers that are doing time were studied, interviewed, whatever. Would it shock you that nearly all of them began their killing "careers" with animals? I'm not saying that it DEFINITELY will happen with him, but the risk of that happening outweighs the benefit of a couple of extra wins with a QB that completes only 53.7% of his passes.

Needless to say, I was a "No" vote.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Just say no to Vick!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    Wasn't Vick the one who flipped off booing fans a few years back? I can't remember right off....
    Oh ya!!! I forgot about that! That's my kind of QB we need him to do that to all the Whiner fans out there lol! /sign to pick him up

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Just for all FOR the signing of Mike Vick:
    Per Stlouisrams.com Billy Devaney chat today:

Chad lee, Springfield, MO
    2:04 PM CT
    what are your thoughts about Mick Vick? Is there a chance of wanting him in our organization with him being avalible?
    General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.com
    I can't talk about specific players under contract with other teams. But I will say we will explore everything and everybody. Everything is on the table for discussion.

Sounds like Billy D has made a complete 360 from once saying "NO WAY" to know we will explore everything. Getcha popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post

On a more serious note, you touched on something worth commenting on, because it is important that people know about it. A lot of serial killers that are doing time were studied, interviewed, whatever. Would it shock you that nearly all of them began their killing "careers" with animals? I'm not saying that it DEFINITELY will happen with him, but the risk of that happening outweighs the benefit of a couple of extra wins with a QB that completes only 53.7% of his passes.
    Would it suprise you that most Nazi's were devout christians? Would it suprise you that the USA locked innocent Japanese people up in conetration camps?

THese things happened but that isnt the standard for these groups of people. I burned ants with a magnifying glass but im not planning on going on a killing spree tonight. Lets judge Vick on his playing career and not what he has done off the field.

Thats being said i voted a heck no on anything having to do with vuck being on this team.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Oh ya!!! I forgot about that! That's my kind of QB we need him to do that to all the Whiner fans out there lol! /sign to pick him up
    The problem is, he flipped off the HOME crowd in Atlanta. Not sure that would fly in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The problem is, he flipped off the HOME crowd in Atlanta. Not sure that would fly in St. Louis.
    Didnt cogs do that? Or is memory memory fuzzy