View Poll Results: Do you want the Rams to sign Michael Vick this offseason?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    96 48.98%
  • No

    100 51.02%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 220
  1. #61
    hawaiianpunch's Avatar
    hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Vick has a lot more to do to prove himself. I do not want him on this team for a high price, but competing for a position. Really we are not going to sign Bulger to another humongous deal, and neither will vick be signed to that. They just haven't proven themselves enough.

    Bring Vick here to compete for a position i say definitely. Vick or Bulger would be a good battle. Cause i think we really need to address our defensive line problems. We need DT's. And you need 2 great quarter backs in the league, not 1 anymore, with Null as our third string guy.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -12-20-2009 at 01:35 AM.


  2. #62
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,468
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Didnt cogs do that? Or is memory memory fuzzy
    No, as fans booed him leaving the field (after some comments he made earlier about opposing fans in the Ed at least making some noise), he cupped his hands to his ears. Maybe that's what Vick should have done in Atlanta. I'm sure that's what he would do now, since he's a changed man and all.

  3. #63
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The problem is, he flipped off the HOME crowd in Atlanta. Not sure that would fly in St. Louis.
    Of course it'd fly. There's nobody in the stands to see it.

  4. #64
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    *Scratches head*

    Isn't that the QB coach's job?
    By train, I meant mentor. Do you want a "game manager" mentoring a QB who would theoretically take a more active role in the offense?

    The only thing Ol' Neckbeard would be a good mentor for would be "How to comport yourself at the finest bars and gentlemen's clubs."

  5. #65
    MOM's Avatar
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    By train, I meant mentor. Do you want a "game manager" mentoring a QB who would theoretically take a more active role in the offense?

    The only thing Ol' Neckbeard would be a good mentor for would be "How to comport yourself at the finest bars and gentlemen's clubs."
    If it turns the kid into a 29-17 starter, you bet your bippy I would...LOL
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

  6. #66
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    If it turns the kid into a 29-17 starter, you bet your bippy I would...LOL
    The problem is...many of those wins in Chicago were in spite of Orton, not because of him.

  7. #67
    A-Web's Avatar
    A-Web is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    While your effort is noted, I cannot begin to tell you how meaningless this analysis is. Vick has 13 freakin' pass attempts, some in garbage time. It means NOTHING ....

    Darn that McNabb for throwing 7 TD's to Jackson from 50 yards plus!

    McNabb is a highly successful NFL QB. Bringing in Vick had NOTHING to do with McNabb's performance.
    Some in garbage time...

    My single, LAUGHABLE(!) comment to respond is as follows;

    ALL OF OUR QUARTERBACKS STATS ARE IN GARBAGE TIME! All of Bulger's, all of Boller's, ESPECIALLY all of Null's thus far.
    ====================================================

    As promised, only one comment.

  8. #68
    RamsFanThruItAll!!! is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    ALL OF OUR QUARTERBACKS STATS ARE IN GARBAGE TIME! All of Bulger's, all of Boller's, ESPECIALLY all of Null's thus far.
    ====================================================

    As promised, only one comment.[/QUOTE]


    Ok this statement is just wrong. Boller and Nulls stats are terrible and i dont want to look it up but i remember someone who did saying Bulgers good stats come earlier in the game then the 4th quarter.

  9. #69
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    Some in garbage time...

    My single, LAUGHABLE(!) comment to respond is as follows;

    ALL OF OUR QUARTERBACKS STATS ARE IN GARBAGE TIME! All of Bulger's, all of Boller's, ESPECIALLY all of Null's thus far.
    ====================================================

    As promised, only one comment.
    LOL! Thats a good one dude.

  10. #70
    The Rammer's Avatar
    The Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    I used to want him, but then I realized that he wouldn't work with this team. He had little success with the Falcons and I want more than just a couple of playoff appearances and one NFC championship game.

  11. #71
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    This has become the star of:

    The Night of the Living Dead Thread

    Seriously. The horse is dead. Stop beating him.

  12. #72
    swatter555's Avatar
    swatter555 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Let's see...

    Well, if the Rams sign Vick and, as a result (1) feel like they can wait until later in the draft to get a QB of the future, and (2) pass on other veteran QBs who would do a better job... then I'd say they would have lost a lot.
    Your argument is flat weak.

    1) In your book, Su is the first round pick and we should use a 2nd/3rd round pick for a QB, right? Let me break it to you, Vick is going to be many times more effective than a QB picked up in the later rounds for at least a few years. If we pick up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, that is also in essense (overwhelmingly likely) putting off the QB decision till later anyway. Unless we get very lucky, we are going to be stuck with worse than average QB talent for years to come.

    2) Name a free agent to would be better than Vick?

    I am sick to death of the terrible Rams. We can't simply write off the next 3 years (again) just because we have a new coach. We need to compete and Vick will take us a step forward. As long as he doesn't want an ungodly sum and keeps his private life private, he will help us.

    If you want to make an argument that you don't want him because of his past off-field actions, I can respect that. At the same time, just be upfront about it.

  13. #73
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Your argument is flat weak.

    1) In your book, Su is the first round pick and we should use a 2nd/3rd round pick for a QB, right? Let me break it to you, Vick is going to be many times more effective than a QB picked up in the later rounds for at least a few years. If we pick up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, that is also in essense (overwhelmingly likely) putting off the QB decision till later anyway. Unless we get very lucky, we are going to be stuck with worse than average QB talent for years to come.

    2) Name a free agent to would be better than Vick?

    I am sick to death of the terrible Rams. We can't simply write off the next 3 years (again) just because we have a new coach. We need to compete and Vick will take us a step forward. As long as he doesn't want an ungodly sum and keeps his private life private, he will help us.

    If you want to make an argument that you don't want him because of his past off-field actions, I can respect that. At the same time, just be upfront about it.
    You argument is just as weak. How do you know vick will be a better QB then those picked in round 2 and 3? Can you base that off of a few Gimmick plays he has run in Philly. I can base that vick is a horrible QB from the years he was a starter in ATL, that was in his prime now that his athletic ability has declines, and at age 30 it does, he just isnt starting material anymore. Meanwhile, from the draft you would have a young impressionable QB that you can mold into a starter, and there are plenty to pick from in the draft this year.

    As for who is in the FA that is better then vick? How bout Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Chad pennington. Not to mention names like troy smith and kevin Kolb likely want to be traded to a team so they can get a starting position.

  14. #74
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Kolb knows that he will start in Philly eventually. That's a better situation than he could find in most other places. I doubt he wants out.

  15. #75
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Kolb knows that he will start in Philly eventually. That's a better situation than he could find in most other places. I doubt he wants out.
    Yeah. My thoughts exactly. He will do what Aaron Rodgers did....wait.

Similar Threads

  1. The Rush Question: Simple Poll
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-09-2009, 12:10 PM
  2. The History of the ClanRam
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: -10-01-2009, 01:25 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: -10-24-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. A simple poll on 9/11
    By AvengerRam in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
  5. ClanRam 2000
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-07-2005, 12:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •